sitO 18-Nov-18
Thornton 18-Nov-18
sitO 18-Nov-18
Thornton 19-Nov-18
Ksgobbler 19-Nov-18
Catscratch 19-Nov-18
Thornton 19-Nov-18
18-Nov-18
I am taking my first trip to Kansas to hunt the rifle opener. I have been bow hunting Illinois during Nov 4-11 for the past 5 years and am curious what the deer are doing in late Nov. Will they be feeding because of being worn down from the rut? Is there a chance they are chasing again because of yearling coming into estrous? I am getting to hunt a place that didn’t get hunted all month so the deer haven’t been pressured at all.

18-Nov-18
Are you going to be bowhunting?

18-Nov-18
If you are rifle hunting why does it matter? As to answer your question, I consistently see big bucks rutting the first day or two of rifle, and that is usually on land that is heavily hunted.

18-Nov-18
Well it is the "Bowsite" right Jason? Bucks are rutting every year right into the rifle season, Whitetails, Muleys, & Pronghorn...but it all ends prematurely when the "lead starts flying"...am I right?

19-Nov-18
Not sure if it's the lead or the rut just finally fizzles out. Either way, it's looking like I might be participating myself

19-Nov-18
Just throw out a big pile of corn :)

19-Nov-18
I'm pretty sure it's a timing thing. That's one of the things I think KDWP has extremely right; keeping rifle season out of the rut.

19-Nov-18
The first week of rifle is very much in the rut.

• Sitka Gear