Huntinfool1979 19-Nov-18
ksq232 19-Nov-18
Rambo 19-Nov-18
Jayhawk1983 19-Nov-18
BDA 20-Nov-18
KC 20-Nov-18
Rambo 20-Nov-18
19-Nov-18
What are you guys thoughts on the Heater Body Suit? Is it worth the hype?

19-Nov-18
I have one. It is outstanding when it gets cold enough to use it. I feel like a giant blob while I'm in it but the deer don't seem to care. I've hunted from both tree stands and the ground and stay warm and hidden in both situations. I've come to think of it as a mini-blind that is insulated. It's easy to shoot out of too and movement is concealed very well while drawing. The only drawback is that I don't usually need it in KS until December. At that point I'm either hunting with a bow during rifle season, or braving the last two weeks of the year (which hopefully I don't need to do that often as I would rather shoot a deer during the rut. It's not easy to put hunter orange on it but it can be done with pins.

19-Nov-18
I am planning on mainly using it when I hunt the midwest for rut. It is usually a little colder than I am used to, since I am from the SE.

19-Nov-18
I like my Iwom, I wouldn’t like having to shrug off the HBS at the moment of truth.

19-Nov-18
HBS is worth every penny. I've used it this year a lot. Last year not that often. I have had mine 4-5 years now and was in a ground blind 12-19-2013 when I killed my biggest buck. The temp hovered @ 0 all that week. I could not have been out if I didn't have the HBS. Plus the thing is fully guaranteed to keep you warm or you get your money back. This year I've used it often. Love it bet Y'all will as well!!

19-Nov-18
I’ve never worn one but I got something new this year for long cold sits that is related to the topic. Always have had problems with cold feet. The past couple years I’ve worn Hot Mocs which are small booties that you skip over your shoes. There is a hand warmer pouch inside them. Last week I sat all day in 28 and below with a ripping north wind and even with the hand warmer in the Hot Moc, my feet were ice blocks after 5 hours. Ordered a product called Boot Suits last week and wore them this morning from 620-1120. They look absolutely ridiculous and you have to strap them to the outside of your pack because they are too bulky to fit in any type of backpack - but they are really, really well insulated. There is so much warm air in them that my feet didn’t ever get cold and most importantly, they didn’t get hot and sweat. Both would have happened with the Hot Mocs. I know there are other brands out there but I can’t imagine a better product for keeping feet warm.

20-Nov-18
I love mine. I've had it for a long time. I start lugging it to the woods when it gets down to 30 degrees or so... let's say I'm warm blooded. Plus, I like being in the HBS with pants and a lighter jacket versus having a lot of clothes on. It keeps the wind at bay as well. Worth the money, but the truth is you won't really know if you like it until you try it.

20-Nov-18
another vote for the IWOM suit

20-Nov-18
One other cold weather trick is to spray your feet with" right guard "Keeps ur feet dry and helps a lot. Plus a HBS and stay all day. At 71 I tend to not go for all day sits but a few each year is okay.

• Sitka Gear