Dixie 20-Nov-18
Sand man 20-Nov-18
Thornton 20-Nov-18
goldtip5575 20-Nov-18
Kansan 21-Nov-18
Kansan 21-Nov-18
Dmac 21-Nov-18
20-Nov-18
Want to get thoughts on lunar cycle and hunting around the full moon. I read a lot prior to the season and seems like some guys schedule to hunt around the full moon when the moon rise is early/mid/late afternoon for deer to move earlier. Read a blog post somewhere that Mark Drury swears by hunting around full moon whenever it falls in/around rut. That moon paired with the favorable barometric pressure (which I track and 100% believe high pressure increases movement) leads to more daylight movement according to Drury. Besides the obvious answer which is ‘all the time’, when is your favorite and personally most productive time to sit?

20-Nov-18
They seem to come out later for me on a full moon. I did shoot a 146" one year with a muzzleloader on a full moon though

20-Nov-18
Yeah my movement has definitely shifted later with the full moon coming in

20-Nov-18
Yes the deer I'm seeing g I. The evening are showing up right at dark. I think I may do some hunting in the middle of the day today. We saw deer around 12:30 noon yesterday.

20-Nov-18
I started to discuss rut predictions / best times to hunt with a fella a few weeks back...I learned something very valuable from him.... this is what he responded to me with. He said; the best time to hunt is when you can. One thing I have practiced more this year is setting up in observation stands where maybe my chances of getting a shot at something was not as high as where I thought the “action” should be but close enough to safely observe those areas well down wind only to find that close encounters with deer have actually become more regular. I am not applying the pressure to those deer the way that I used to and I see more bucks. So with this I will have to say full moon, no moon, high wind, no wind....by wanting to see what was going on I believe it has put me in places where the bucks can do the same. We all have those AH HA moments..... this year by hunting the majority of the time in this manor WHEN I WAS ABLE TO HUNT has deffiinatly been mine. Good luck all...AIM SMALL...MISS SMALL

20-Nov-18
I'm a believer now. I went out to some high country with few trees and glasses tonight. Saw 10 bucks and 15 does in 4 sq miles all chasing or locked down

20-Nov-18
I saw 23 does and 7 bucks tonight, but the only mature bucks came out 15 minutes before legal shooting ended.

21-Nov-18
They were really chasing all yesterday evening. Cousin had a mature 150” chocolate horned 9 within bow range for 20 minutes tending a doe, but he already tagged a buck. I didn’t have any mature bucks give me a shot, but there were bucks chasing does all over the place the entire evening. I believe a lot of the does in my area are in heat right now. Saw 30+ deer at least. Getting ready to fire up the pickup and get back after em’ this morning.

21-Nov-18
Chasing hard again this morning

21-Nov-18
Great news I’m heading to SE in the am . It’s been crazy here in Oklahoma and Texas as well . I agree hunt when you can . Not one to complain but new to farm and crops this year were totally different than last . I’ve got some great deer but they won’t stay in same area more than 2 -3 days straight .. Just a matter of right time right spot . Good luck to all

• Sitka Gear