ColoBowman 20-Nov-18
Buglmin 21-Nov-18
HDE 22-Nov-18
ColoBowman 22-Nov-18
HDE 23-Nov-18
ColoBowman 24-Nov-18
bow-hnt 04-Dec-18
20-Nov-18
My wife and I both have archery buck tags for the Jan hunt in 2A and I was curious if anyone had any insight on that hunt? I am mainly looking for recommendations for places to camp, types of terrain to expect deer in during that time frame and how much pressure we can expect. I would appreciate any help I can get!

21-Nov-18
Very limited tags, so you're not gonna have a lot of pressure. We used to hunt the river bottom on two ranches and killed some monsters. Ruins road will have lots of oil field roads that will get you back in the hills. Some deer will leave the river bottom, cross the road and head up know the hills to bed. Spend some time figuring out their travel patterns.

22-Nov-18
Might want to check out the border area of NM/CO around Rattlesnake (north of Hart Canyon).

22-Nov-18
Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it! Do either of you have suggestions on areas to camp?

23-Nov-18
Camp as in a travel trailer or tent? For RVing, you can stay at one in Aztec or stay at Cottonwood Campground near Navajo Lake State Park. Either would be fairly close to anywhere you hunt in 2A.

P.S. - I saw two really big bucks this evening, one is a solid mid to upper 170 and the other is 180+ all day long, and they were in 2A. PM me for details...

24-Nov-18
HDE thanks for the info. I sent you a PM.

04-Dec-18
I drew as well! good info thanks!

• Sitka Gear