David Mitchell 24-Nov-18
JayD 25-Nov-18
David Mitchell 25-Nov-18
Babysaph 25-Nov-18
Big-Otis-Jeff 26-Nov-18
Babysaph 26-Nov-18
Big-Otis-Jeff 27-Nov-18
24-Nov-18
"I believe the industry is on the cusps of losing some of our best [bow] manufacturers, " Shelby says. "We've had to eat a little crow. Crossbows are not the saviors we thought they would be. If we had to go back and do it over again, especially on the topic of [advocating] full inclusion, we would handle it differently."

Here's a link to the article on F&S website:

https://www.fieldandstream.com/are-crossbows-threatening-bowhunting-tradition

24-Nov-18
Pete Shepley was one of the pioneers of crossbow hunting during archery season. They are now reaping what they have sown.

24-Nov-18
Pete Shepley was one of the pioneers of crossbow hunting during archery season. He is now reaping what he has sown.

24-Nov-18
All about the money.,

24-Nov-18
I read the article in its entirety and found it most interesting. We tried to warn them in Ohio years ago of what was going to happen, which is exactly what the article notes has happened in Ohio. Too bad WV recently decided to follow that self defeating trail for bow hunting.

25-Nov-18
I don’t think WV is quite as in dire straits as others since crossbow is a separate season - they can always shorten the season and not effect bow season what so ever.

25-Nov-18
I am afraid that was just a ruse to get x-bows into archery season, but we'll see. Once the camel gets his nose under the tent it's hard to get him out.

25-Nov-18
Cross bow season is a separate season but now will never be shortened without shortening bow season. And it runs concurrent to ours.

26-Nov-18
Its funny when I hear people say that crossbows will have no effect on the deer numbers....LOL

26-Nov-18
They have all over the country. They havn't effected the numbers where I hunt. Not allowed. LOL.

27-Nov-18
Not to beat a dead horse again,,,,But.,,,,,If limits were lower, it wouldn't have that big of an imapct.

• Sitka Gear