ColoBowman 25-Nov-18
Thornton 25-Nov-18
ColoBowman 26-Nov-18
Cazador 26-Nov-18
jdee 26-Nov-18
ColoBowman 27-Nov-18
KSBOW 27-Nov-18
25-Nov-18
I'm hoping to plan a hunt for my wife and I next year in Kansas hunting either public land and/or walk in access areas. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to speak with me about that type of hunt in Kansas? Mainly hoping to get a feel for what to expect on those public land hunts and some suggestions for getting away from pressure. We are not after giants just looking for a fun opportunity type hunt to get my wife and I introduced to whitetail hunting.

Thanks

25-Nov-18
What area of the state are you wanting to hunt? We have everything from flat as a pancake to big wooded hills.

26-Nov-18
We are really open with what part of the state or terrain we would hunt. We are coming out of New Mexico so the southern part of the state would be easier but if there is less pressure in the North i'm not against the extra drive time.

26-Nov-18
The walk-in thing can be good or bad. This year in my area it was a zoo!

My tip would be to find an area with WIHAs to start, and then start knocking on doors.

In saying that, if you are serious about getting her into deer hunting, and size of deer doesn’t matter, those same Walk-in areas in October will most likely be ghost towns vs November.

26-Nov-18
Get the walk in atlas. Call the wildlife n parks dept and have them send you one. If you draw a tag and have the time to scout the north central part of the state is a good area, always liked unit 8 North central Ks . Scout and go knock on some doors. I did that about 8 years ago and ended up getting on a nice ranch to hunt . Hunted there for several years deer and turkeys. In wide open country look for wooded shelter belts or river/creek bottoms, you never know what might show up.

27-Nov-18
Thanks everyone for the info I really appreciate it!

27-Nov-18
PM sent

• Sitka Gear