Contributors to this thread:
Tractor Dave 26-Nov-18
elkman52 01-Dec-18
Tractor Dave 01-Dec-18
bill v 02-Dec-18
Monmouth533 26-Mar-19
BuenaGooch 13-Dec-19
26-Nov-18
"So Time To VENT"I belong to United Bowhunters of NJ,been a bowhunter since I was 16, Im now 59, Cannot believe the Hunters( If you really want to call them that) that destroy your property and steal your equipment on Legal State Land!I was Invited to a new piece of State land were a buddy of mine lives,(Shepperds Mill Pond) Cumberland county,Beautiful piece of woods in the Fall,so I thought. I put my stands down near the swamps and was really excited , Locked the stand with a Heavy cable and Lock. I've learned hunting Millville state Woods! go to hunt it a few days later / Everything Gone Lock,Cable,steps.WTH! ok my buddy and I decide to move, Next spot, Install a cheap Sportsman Guide ladder, Hunt it one time ,harvest a nice big Doe, cool next time I go hunt it All the ladder clips were removed and Life line was stolen, I have since then been told NOT to hunt there because the locals are Thiefs,They will continue to steal your equipment.so my Question,Were is the Wardens out there, I'm not the only one having this problem out there. Open for Comments

01-Dec-18
I know it's a pain in the ass but if I was you I would use a climbing stand take it with you when you leave.

01-Dec-18
Yeah your correct Elkman, I understand, it's just so frustrating, not everyone has a giant piece of private property. I recall walking up on many different stands and never thought about damaging or stealing anything, if anything I would look were they placed it and think it must be a good spot

02-Dec-18
Well Dave. You and I are the same age and started the same time. We hunted enough if we want to look at it that way If I were you, I would set up more equipment with all the proof attached( ser#s, markings) etc. I’d set up cameras high in trees and maybe tracking devices on the equipment. When they take the bait. I wouldn’t call the game commission it would be the state police. This crap pisses me off so bad my mission would be to hunt the thieves in a sense.

Good luck. Bill v

26-Mar-19
happens to all of us on private as well.

13-Dec-19

BuenaGooch's embedded Photo
Buena Vista Poacher
BuenaGooch's embedded Photo
Buena Vista Poacher
I know this is an old thread but just wanted you to know your not alone. I am in Buena Vista and same crap on private land. The difficult part is you can't try to think logically why they do this crap. You are dealing with a low life that has no sense or logic. Best thing you can do is contact DEP and I also contacted State Police. My deadbeat trespasser poured deer repellant and left bottle with message "Good Luck Boys". Fortunately the State police barracks are very close to my land. I just hope they catch the mental midget on my land because I know the little rats would never come out when I'm around.

Hope you had a better year this Year!

• Sitka Gear