MichaelArnette's embedded Photo
Never fun to see this in SE Kansas

01-Dec-18

01-Dec-18
The state park in Eldorado had some with 15 points that make B&C I think

01-Dec-18
I saw a BIG bodied sucker on the side of the road yesterday with the head cut off. Always a shame.

01-Dec-18
We lost one of our Main bucks along K-96. I'm getting to the point "They are all just deer" mood. It's just a deer, it's just a deer, it's just a deer.

01-Dec-18
Only WT hunters will get in the ditch to pose with a "deer". I don't know what it is, but they are a weird bunch.

01-Dec-18
Do you see me posing with this deer? LOL I left it on the side of the road intact. Didn’t have a tag for it and the police officer said he would be able to donate to meat

01-Dec-18
My comments were based on the general "Whitetail" hunters mentality. How many dead coyotes or porcupines do guys stop and point out it that it has big teeth? Or better yet does?

Find a dead deer in ditch........ Take a photo with it.

Shoot deer find it 2 years later........ Take a photo with it.

Hunted this deer for X number of years, but a guy down the street shot it......Take a photo with it.

Find a pair of sheds........ Mount and take a photo of it.

01-Dec-18
Want me to pull that thorn outta your paw, Caz? :-)

01-Dec-18
I agree with ya Caz. I sometimes find myself wondering about the same damn thing. It's not like I do it with anything else. I sure as hell don't put my shotgun down if I'm not sure if a quail is mature or not. Don't remember looking for wing spots on immature doves before pulling the trigger. Never passed on a shoveler duck if it didn't have full mature coloration. Pretty much the only animal that I care about it's age or size is a deer. But damnit... I do care! And yes, I sure as hell will want the antlers off a giant roadkill. Don't know why but they have some sort of pull on me. I'm powerless.

03-Dec-18
I think he's just pointing out that we're an odd lot, himself likely included in that lot. We love deer more than what would be considered rational

04-Dec-18
Trophy deer hunting and greed have ruined many and I mean many friendships. I am currently experiencing this as I write this.

04-Dec-18
People will do things that are out of character for them to be the first to fill their tag, to fill the most tags, get the biggest rack, the heaviest fish/deer/creel/bag limit etc of wildlife. I like seeing big antlers as much as anyone else, but I would never include myself in the picture of a buck or set of antlers unless I had killed the deer myself. The pictures of guys in camo holding up road kill and found skulls/antlers...… like they accomplished something, sad, pathetic really. Honor the deer yes, show off the bone, but keep your coyote mug out of the picture.

04-Dec-18
“Some men will do dumber things for antlers than they would for sex or money...and that’s setting the bar pretty low.”

• Sitka Gear