BIG BEAR 01-Dec-18
JL 01-Dec-18
ground hunter 02-Dec-18
BIG BEAR 02-Dec-18
BOWNUT 02-Dec-18
BIG BEAR 02-Dec-18
Keith 04-Dec-18
01-Dec-18
Does anyone know if any of the revenues taken in from the Pure Michigan Hunt fund any portion of the Isle Royale wolf reintroduction?

"" Each $5 Pure Michigan Hunt application helps fund Michigan’s wildlife habitat restoration and management.""

01-Dec-18
I hope not

01-Dec-18
Good question...... I wouldn’t be surprised if it does. Then I wouldn’t be surprised if it funds the NRC hunting camp.

01-Dec-18
I was thinking of buying a ticket or two. However if any portion of that revenue funds the Isle Royal wolf program....I'm out. I might ask around in Lansing.

02-Dec-18
that would be a disappointment for me, something I would address to our biologist

02-Dec-18
I read that there were roughly 35,000 chances purchased for the 2018 drawing..... down from 50,000 in 2016. With 3 winners,,, At 35,000 chances.... That gives you approximate odds of one in 11,666 by purchasing one chance.

02-Dec-18
I always thought our hunting license dollars went to game management weather it would be to support a moose heard in the UP or to protect and study the wolves. I don't think Isle Royal would be any different. Rock and a hard spot.

02-Dec-18
In the regular elk drawing in 2018...... If you had the max chances (points)......(16)....... Then you had a roughly 1 in 313 chance of getting drawn. 7 people with 16 points were drawn..........

That just goes to show you how big the odds are against you winning the Pure Michigan Hunt.

If I find out they are using any of that money to reintroduce wolves anywhere..... they won’t get any more money from me either....

04-Dec-18
I think the Isle Royale money is federal, at least it should be.

• Sitka Gear