Thornton 12-Dec-18
One Arrow 14-Dec-18
Thornton 14-Dec-18
ksq232 14-Dec-18
Thornton 15-Dec-18
Quinn @work 15-Dec-18
Thornton 16-Dec-18
01-Dec-18
Planning on doing a 2019 archery hunt in Kansas. Can anyone provide me with some solid outfitter recommendations for folks that really know archery hunting whitetails? I might also be interested in helping out with a leased property and going more unguided. Thanks!

01-Dec-18
Contact Zmax. Not for sure what you mean "helping out with a leased property and going more unguided".

01-Dec-18
Thanks! Of course I have also been through the outfitters reviews too, so I have some good ideas there.

To your question. I have considered leasing a property in NE or KS, but it is just too far and my schedule too limited to make the most out of a lease (and it is just me). I know some guys like to hunt DIY back there and lease properties. I have helped out with the cost of one lease in NE to be able to come and hunt for a week or so then in the fall. That is sort of what I was referring to.

01-Dec-18
KNS outfitters lays down some big ones.

01-Dec-18
I’m not trying to change your mind but I would research some other states. Kansas is not what it used to be and it sure as hell isn’t what you see on TV. Other states have managed their resources much better than us. With that being said there are some nice deer shot here every year but there are in most other states as well. Good luck on your search.

01-Dec-18
Hit up Norma at Country Lodges. http://www.country-lodgings.com there is access to a ton of private ground. It is kind of a do it yourself type of deal but man are there some big deer.

01-Dec-18
Buy an extra week of vacation time and hunt public or wiha. A lot more work involved but a lot of us kill good deer on public land.

01-Dec-18
You should probably try Iowa.

01-Dec-18
Thanks Billy... was there last year. Great hunt, but didn't kill. I am back to building points before I can draw again.

01-Dec-18
Your best bet is to get a rural directory and start calling ranchers. For what you'll pay an outfitter on a property that's already been hunted by other hunters, you could get your own spot and hunt all season.

02-Dec-18
Nothing wrong with hunting public, a group from maryland went 5 for 6 on a small parcel of public ten miles from me. Couple nice bucks and a couple of average ones.

03-Dec-18

Copperhead's Link
My cousin owns Oak Valley Outfitters. See my link for his info.

03-Dec-18
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

03-Dec-18
Steve Purviance at Mount Hide Outfitters

10-Dec-18
K&K Outfitters. Several reviews on the outfitter reports. Solid.

11-Dec-18
K&K??

I wouldn’t recommend them and I sure wouldn’t lease ground to them.

12-Dec-18
The best deer and land managers I've found actually own the land they guide on. These type seem to have bigger deer and are less likely to kill all the young bucks because they have a long term vested interest in it.

12-Dec-18
Good advice from Thorton, but I'm not sure how many like that are out there?

12-Dec-18
pm sent

12-Dec-18
Adam Bennett, The Hickory Creek Outfitter, McCune, Ks.

12-Dec-18
A lot of corn pilers mentioned here. If I were to recommend one it would be to recommend T&C wildlife. They are serious about mature bucks and you won’t just be sitting over a feeder or pile of corn.

12-Dec-18
And T&C owns the land... I believe around 7,000 acres.

12-Dec-18
There are actually quite a few. More and more ranchers are discontinuing outfitters due to their increasingly poor reputations. I have a friend that owns 5,000 acres and 3 southerners give him $10k every year to hunt deer. The Hashknife and the place Pat uses are prime examples as well of owners outfitting.

14-Dec-18
$10k for 5,000 acres is a heck of a deal. Hope they can keep it.

The more farmers and ranchers get smart to the “management” practices of most outfitters the better it’s going to be for everyone.

14-Dec-18
I thought it was sky high. They are only there for rifle season and they sit in a box blind all day. Area landowners are trying to manage for giants but these guys shoot 150"s to 170" every year.

14-Dec-18
Yeah, your friend could make a lot more money than that, but I magine it’s an easy $10,000; whereas breaking it up into smaller chunks and leasing it for $10/acre would be more work and possibly more headache.

15-Dec-18
If you saw the territory, you'd understand it wouldn't be wise to hunt more than that. A buck that is passed by one hunter is often seen miles away by another hunter. They seem to travel a thin corridor of cedars and tamarack that goes for miles into Kansas along the river. My friend saw a buck in the late 90's several times that scored way over 200" and it was killed miles away by a neighbor.

15-Dec-18
"More and more ranchers are discontinuing outfitters due to their increasingly poor reputations"

This is in your small little world Thornyton. In reality there are no ranchers out there that won't take the almighty dollar from the outfitter to lease their ground. Why would they care about your perceived reputations of outfitters when it comes to shooting a few whitetails. These ranchers will always take the cash. I guess you just like to post your perceived perception of how Kansas hunting should be. I can't wait for you to run for governor because you sure have everything figured out for a hick bedside nurse.

16-Dec-18
If you knew anything about business, you would understand cutting out the outfitter usually earns the landowners more money. I don't know of any outfitter giving much more than $1500/ hunter so if the landowners make $3k a hunter... I'm really tired of explaining everything to you. You seem like an idiot

• Sitka Gear