Contributors to this thread:
DanWesson357 02-Dec-18
Rut Nut 03-Dec-18
DanWesson357 03-Dec-18
Rut Nut 07-Dec-18
hawkeye in PA 07-Dec-18
02-Dec-18

DanWesson357's Link
I certainly want to do everything to Help the PA GAme Commission find the suspects. But I also want accurate reporting and a headline that does not wrongly imply or suggest that "Hunters" were responsible for this act.

Below is my e-mail to Sean Sauro | [email protected]

Sean,

I would like to ask how you decided on the Headline for this story? While I certainly consider the assault of PA Game Commission WCO news worthy. After reading the article you wrote as well as the post by the PA Game Commission. I do not see where you could possibly get the idea that these two suspects were in the act of hunting or that the WCO was conducting a “Hunting Violation”? I do see how it could have been considered a “Trespassing Violation” or a “Prohibited Use of Motorized Vehicles” violation. I read nothing that indicates a “hunting Violation”. Can you please explain your Head line? I find the headline you chose to be misleading with an all too common “anti-Hunting” intention. I would ask that you consider changing your headline by removing the word hunting, to a more accurate descriptor of the incident.

Good Day,

MY NAME Middletown, PA

03-Dec-18
Yeah, it says the offenders were in ATV "attire". Doesn't sound like hunters. Maybe the original call was for a possible hunting violation and then he came upon the suspects riding their ATV's illegally?

03-Dec-18
I got a reply the Reporter who wrote the article in the link and I am appreciative of his reply and will post it here below. The PA State Police indicated in their release to the public that the WCO was investigating a Hunting Violation when the incident occured. However, it does appear that the two responsible for the assault were not hunting.

Mr. &&*(&&,

Attached is the press release from Pennsylvania State Police. Please read it and see that my article matches. I do not know why the PSP release and Game Commission post do not match. I was emailed the PSP release late in the evening. I wanted to get something up because I thought it was an important story. When you notified me about the Game Commission post, I added the info and pointed out some of the inconsistencies. I also thought it was important to attach the post so people could see the differences.

The post is not anti-hunting. I am not anti-hunting. I come from a family of hunters and spent my teenage years hunting. I also am a gun owner.

There was nothing political about this story.

I also wanted to thank you for reading our content. But I want you to read that press release to see how the information came to me.

Thanks, Sean Sauro [email protected] 717-255-4170

07-Dec-18

Rut Nut's Link
Just saw they caught the guys this week- and looks like they are "throwing the book at them!"

07-Dec-18
One would like to think they new better at that age. Wonder what else they have gotten away with.

• Sitka Gear