Tejas 08-Dec-18
clattin 09-Dec-18
Thornton 11-Dec-18
05-Dec-18

clattin's embedded Photo
clattin's embedded Photo
clattin's embedded Photo
clattin's embedded Photo
Found these 2 beauties locked together on my farm in Smith county a week and a half ago. Its a shame to see them die this way. I did a quick and rough measurment of the bigger of the two and its right at 161". I got salvage tags and am doing a euro mount of them locked together. Would have MUCH rather seen them from my stand!

Chris

05-Dec-18
Old mother nature can sure be crule

05-Dec-18
Too cool!

05-Dec-18
On;y happens with the big ones, a real tough way to go.

05-Dec-18
That's a cool find Chris, hope we get to see it when the mount is done!

Would be a horrible way to go for sure!

05-Dec-18
Testosterone got the best of both of them. They had a lot of living left in them if they just could have gotten along. LOL

But yeah, mother nature can be cruel.

05-Dec-18
Bummer, Chris, but at least you found them! A good friend found a pair locked up several years back and had a euro display done with his. Very cool. Would like to see your mounts when finished, too. Did you have any trailcam pics of either buck?

05-Dec-18
I know a fella in OK who got ahold of a locked set, he painted one in OSU colors and the other in OU colors and put it in his wall in their game room over a house divided tag. It looked great! Cool find, but a tough one too on your own farm.

05-Dec-18

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
Cool find but a shame indeed. Found a good buck tangled in a farmers fence a couple years back. The fence was dragged pretty far but it finally got the best of him. I cleaned up the fence so if wouldn’t happen again.

05-Dec-18

clattin's embedded Photo
clattin's embedded Photo
This is a pic of the larger one, I believe. From a neighbors trail cam.

Chris

05-Dec-18
And on a more morbid note....you should have seen the pit they dug out of the ground from all the struggling. Very sad. What I suspect happened, is that the larger buck (on the left in the pics) broke the other one's neck at some point and then had the dead body hooked to him. I only base this on the weird angle of the neck of the smaller one and it "seemed" to be easier to cut through his neck. Pure speculation on my part though.

Chris

05-Dec-18
locked in that way is even rarer ....

05-Dec-18

KC's embedded Photo
KC's embedded Photo
found these 2 a couple of years back. An eleven and a thirteen point

05-Dec-18
KC....looks like they dug out a pretty good pit also. DId you do anything special with the antlers/heads?

Chris

06-Dec-18
What's really sick to me is that one of these guys died by coyotes ripping him apart. I hope I never find a par of deer on my hunting spots locked up like these.

06-Dec-18
What's really sick to me is that one of these guys died by coyotes ripping him apart. I hope I never find a par of deer on my hunting spots locked up like these.

06-Dec-18
Landowner salvaged them

06-Dec-18

KsRancher's embedded Photo
KsRancher's embedded Photo
Had a friend send these to me a few years ago. He isn't a hunter, was just out checking cattle and came across them. They looked really fresh. Coyotes had got them yet

06-Dec-18

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
Melvern lake this year

06-Dec-18
I have never personally seen a set locked. But they must be more common than a person thinks. My dad kept seeing coyotes around his house for a week. There is a small wooded drainage right behind his house. So he decided to take a walk and see what the coyotes were around for. Down in the trees about 100-150yds from his house was a live buck with a dead buck locked to him. The coyotes about had the dead one picked clean. He called the local game warden. He came down with a reciprocating saw and was able to cut them apart. The live one was thin but did run off.

06-Dec-18
You can cut them apart with a chainsaw. It kind of freaks them out though

07-Dec-18
Our local warden used to carry some 20 ga. slugs to bow off an antler to free them.

07-Dec-18
Quick take a picture!

07-Dec-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo

07-Dec-18
Be carefull Sit those things Cary leprosy

07-Dec-18
I didn't touch it Fran, besides... I think I'm the one who told you they carry leprosy lol?

It's a play on "Cazi complex"...just missing one thing ;?)

07-Dec-18
Sito I thought that was a picture of you and Slate.

08-Dec-18
Some cool pics of locked bucks! Has to be a gruesome death though! Mother Nature is a biatch!

09-Dec-18
Kyle,

Was that 2 ramadillo's locked together?? LOL

Chris

11-Dec-18
I toasted one with a 20 gauge yesterday

• Sitka Gear