Babysaph 06-Dec-18
sundaynwv 07-Dec-18
hookman 07-Dec-18
JayD 07-Dec-18
hoppies56 07-Dec-18
Babysaph 07-Dec-18
Babysaph 07-Dec-18
05-Dec-18
This is in today's paper: "Crossbows can be substituted for a muzzleloader firearm during the muzzleloader deer season; however, bows cannot be substituted for a muzzleloader. Concurrent archery hunting is legal during the muzzleloader season, subject to all archery deer hunting regulations." If I think long enough on this, I may be able to make sense of it but it just seems funny to me. :o) So is a crossbow a bow? Not by this statement. Hmmm.

05-Dec-18
Crazy... ain't it?

IIRC, the muzzleloader hunters demanded their "own" season so the powers that be gave it to them but allowed concurrent archery hunting. So... you can't fill your muzzleloader deer quota with the bow, but you can use extra archery stamps during the concurrent season. Doo Dah, Doo Dah.

Like I said... crazy... ain't it.

05-Dec-18
I think we need a blowgun season for all the blowhards that think up all these rules.

05-Dec-18
Crossbow advocates have always said that crossbows are not a gun but now they put them Ina season that they can substitute for a gun. Go figure?

05-Dec-18
"I think we need a blowgun season for all the blowhards that think up all these rules."

Thanks, Don. Best laugh I've had for a couple weeks.

:^)

05-Dec-18
We are a little late fellows., Imma use my bow.

06-Dec-18
It does illustrate it is more like a gun than a bow. I'm simply grateful we can continue to bowhunt under archery regulations with addition of using blaze orange.

06-Dec-18
So let me get this right , I can take a doe in muzzle loader season with a bow and use my extra tag (RB) , But if i use a crossbow doe has to be checked as muzzle loader kill. and cant use a RB tag

06-Dec-18
Yep

07-Dec-18
Hopie nailed it. Silly at best and shows need for a simplified license structure. Have a buck limit and a doe limit regardless of methods used to collect such animals.

07-Dec-18
Holy mackerel Sunday! You must have a Ph.D. In something to come up with a solution so simple. Why is things so hard?

07-Dec-18
I am confused - don’t we have a limit set already? 3 deer on the base license - 1 buck during buck firearm season, 1 deer (either sex with bow or crossbow) and 1 deer (either sex during muzzleloader season). Then it’s a hunters choice to buy extra bow, gun, muzzleloader, and antlerless tags if they choose to do so. Well I mean with in the limits of the extra tags you are allowed to buy.

I was told that the reason bows have not been allowed to be substituted for a muzzleloader was that the WVBA and many other bow hunters have put up a good fight for not allowing an earlier muzzleloader season so it was sort of a pay back to not allow it. And no one thought about doing that with a crossbow.

07-Dec-18
Who is going to know if deer is killed with a bolt or arrow , other than person tagging the deer or checking it . So if i want to use my compound bow and tag it as muzzle loader kill who is to know.

07-Dec-18
Uh oh. Payback. Lol

07-Dec-18
The legislature makes the laws. So ate they paying back the Bowhunters for the muzzleloader hunters?. I've decided those laws are stupid. Imma hunt with my bow on my land. Take back our country. Make American Great again. Lol

• Sitka Gear