MBabs 05-Dec-18
Firemedic910 05-Dec-18
sitO 05-Dec-18
Rambo 05-Dec-18
Firemedic910 06-Dec-18
Firemedic910 06-Dec-18
LTG 11 06-Dec-18
05-Dec-18
FNG here, looking for some help with those of you have experience with First Lite apparel. I am an avid whitetail hunter here in NE KS, and I am looking into First Lite gear for next season. Im looking for something I can wear from mid October-December and just add or subtract layers as needed. Currently im liking the looks of the Sanctuary bibs/jacket but I am definitely open to suggestions and experiences. Thanks alot!

05-Dec-18
My first hand experience with their outer layers is minimal. Love their merino base layers though.

From what I know, the sanctuary is a great set but likely too warm for the 50 and up temps you're likely to see.

Google is your friend here..rokslide message board has lots of info as does archerytalk. Website reviews are there too on firstlites site.

I'll also mention they just had their big end of year sale, so inventory is very limited. But there is a Facebook by sell group for firstlite gear where you may be able to pick up some dicounted 2nd hand stuff once you figure out what you want.

05-Dec-18
Awesome information, thank you! I plan on getting some merino base layers because i havent heard one bad thing about them and the UA ones I have are pretty crappy. Ill keep my eyes and ears open!

05-Dec-18
Merino is great, it's what I use as well...but it is ITCHY! I much prefer the "silk" like under layers though not as warm, maybe it's just my alabaster skin? I've heard talk about Alpaca and other wools...might research those as well.

Clothing should be just like your bow imo...no brand affiliations, choose what feels right to you!

05-Dec-18
I don't have an answer for you but my son has a lot of First Lite. You might go on the Colorado site and pose the same question. He uses it to hunt elk in Sept. then comes back here and hunts Whitetails. I'll ask him to come on here and help you . Can't promise if he will cause he has Cleland Stick Bow LLC and is a full time Construction Carpenter plus has a baby coming soon. He also worked at Rocky Mountian Specialty Gear where he helped sell the same line of garment.

06-Dec-18
Appreciate all the help guys!

06-Dec-18
Appreciate all the help guys!

06-Dec-18

LTG 11's Link
The obsidian merino pants are awesome. very comfortable. I think with them, a midweight base layer, and sanctuary bibs that would cover you from 90 degrees to 0 degrees.

The Klamath and Sawtooth layers are great also.

• Sitka Gear