airrow 30-Dec-18
airrow 30-Dec-18
Bigbuckbob 30-Dec-18
airrow 31-Dec-18
airrow 08-Feb-19
Bigbuckbob 08-Feb-19
07-Dec-18

airrow's Link
" In November, the Parks Department said White Buffalo had performed 1,456 vasectomies on Island bucks and estimated the current deer population stood somewhere between 1,793–1,975."

This is funny stuff !..........by WB`s own numbers the Doe population on Staten Island is somewhere between 337-519 deer. Which puts the buck to doe ratio on Staten Island approximately 4.5 - 7.5X more than the national average. (The national average was 2.0 adult does per adult buck in 1998 and 1.9 adult does per adult buck in 2008).

07-Dec-18
Same as always Air, it’s got to fit their narrative. They can’t put out real numbers or they wouldn’t get any future business

07-Dec-18
And somehow WB can determine exactly how many deer are there now but the herd was GROSSLY under estimated when they were negotiating the dollars. And no city or state officials confirmed each buck processed. Amazing

18-Dec-18

Ace's Link
$375K for 150 days of work: $4.1M deer vasectomy program shelling out huge salaries

STATEN ISLAND -- The money from the multi-million dollar contract to reduce the Island’s deer population through vasectomies has scientists bringing home six-figure salaries for much less than a year’s worth of work to run the program.

A detailed cost breakdown of the three-year program obtained by the Advance through a Freedom of Information Law request shows that just 7.6 percent of what has now become a $4.1 million effort to curb the Island’s deer population went toward supplies to sterilize the borough’s bucks and bait to lure them

(Rest of article at link)

18-Dec-18
NON- PROFIT???!!! I CALL BULLSH_T! This is a racket, make no mistake about it.

18-Dec-18
Darn it. Why can't we have this discussion after New Year?

19-Dec-18
Because there's never a bad time to slam Tony D from WB :)

19-Dec-18
Dang!

How do I get signed up for that? I have experience with animal surgery; and compared to what I was doing before, a vasectomy should be a piece o’ CAKE!!!

I’m in!!

19-Dec-18
Just because they are non profit doesnt mean they dont pay them selves.....there are millions s of non profits with employees that make huge saleries..... That said this was a total scam. Sorry but staten island politician's are obviously stupid

19-Dec-18
Jr, non profits have to report how much money goes to the cause but I've never seen the numbers for WB. I would bet most of the money goes to salaries is my point, so how much money can you make and still be a non profit?

20-Dec-18
Your totally right Bob, no profit just means $ beyond salaries and expenses , would go to a cause.....if there is none after salaries....????

20-Dec-18
Six, This thread can be a stroke of genius. It can cover 2018 & 2019. Mix in a little xbow talk and ticks to seal the deal

25-Dec-18
I think a non profit can make more than it spends. The extra goes as a surplus and is put into reserves for future spending.

25-Dec-18
"Jr, non profits have to report how much money goes to the cause but I've never seen the numbers for WB. I would bet most of the money goes to salaries is my point, so how much money can you make and still be a non profit?"

Nonprofit Corporation Definition: A business organization that serves some public purpose and therefore enjoys special treatment under the law. Nonprofit corporations, contrary to their name, can make a profit but can't be designed primarily for profit-making.

When it comes to your business structure, have you thought about organizing your venture as a nonprofit corporation? Unlike a for-profit business, a nonprofit may be eligible for certain benefits, such as sales, property and income tax exemptions at the state level. The IRS points out that while most federal tax-exempt organizations are nonprofit organizations, organizing as a nonprofit at the state level doesn't automatically grant you an exemption from federal income tax.

Another major difference between a profit and nonprofit business deals with the treatment of the profits. With a for-profit business, the owners and shareholders generally receive the profits. With a nonprofit, any money that's left after the organization has paid its bills is put back into the organization. Some types of nonprofits can receive contributions that are tax deductible to the individual who contributes to the organization. Keep in mind that nonprofits are organized to provide some benefit to the public.

Nonprofits are incorporated under the laws of the state in which they are established. To receive federal tax-exempt status, the organization must apply with the IRS. Two applications are required. First, you must request an Employer Identification Number (EIN) and then apply for recognition of exemption by filing Form 1023 (Charitable Organizations) or 1024 (Other Tax-Exempt Organizations), with the necessary filing fee.

The IRS identifies the different types of nonprofit organizations by the tax code by which they qualify for exempt status. One of the most common forms is 501(c)(3), which is set up to do charitable, educational, scientific, religious and literary work. This includes a wide range of organizations, from continuing education centers to outpatient clinics and hospitals.

The IRS also mandates that there are certain activities tax-exempt organizations can't engage in if they want to keep their exempt status. For example, a section 50l(c)(3) organization cannot intervene in political campaigns.

Remember, nonprofits still have to pay employment taxes, but in some states they may be exempt from paying sales tax. Check with your state to make sure you understand how nonprofit status is treated in your area. In addition, nonprofits may be hit with unrelated business income tax. This is regular income from a trade or business that is not substantially related to the charitable purpose. An exempt organization with $1,000 or more of gross income from an unrelated business must file Form 990-T and pay tax on the income.

If your nonprofit has revenues of more than $25,000 a year, you must file an annual report (Form 990) with the IRS. Form 990-EZ is a shortened version of 990 and is designed for use by small exempt organizations with total assets at the end of the year of less than $25,000. Form 990 asks you to provide information on the organization's income, expenses and staff salaries that exceed $50,000. You also may have to comply with a similar state requirement.

For more information on IRS tax-exempt status, download IRS Publication 557 (Types of Tax-Exempt Organizations) at the IRS website.

BROWSE BY

26-Dec-18
Bb, thanks for the info!

30-Dec-18

airrow's Link

30-Dec-18

airrow's Link

30-Dec-18

airrow's embedded Photo
airrow's embedded Photo

30-Dec-18
Wow! Tony D and his wife pulling down big bucks from the taxpayers. If you think this situation doesn't impact us you need to think again. CT is as liberal a state as any so having WB take our money can happen for zones where deer cause problems and the state politicians don't want hunting as a remedy.

31-Dec-18

airrow's Link
Download form PDF 990 (green button) for complete 30 page data per year

08-Feb-19

airrow's Link
SI now wants to spend an addition 2.5M for the next 5 years.

08-Feb-19
Wait a minute! They're now considering a cull hunt?! How is that possible? I was told it would never happen but now the official in control on the island are considering it?

And if snipping the bucks was going to reduce the herd why are they asking to continue the process for another five years and millions more? Was Tony D from WB wrong? It sure appears to be the case. Of course other bilogists said it would never work but they were,.....RIGHT!

I love it! Stupid liberal politicians spending money on failed programs.

• Sitka Gear