HARRY CARRY 16-Dec-18
Bob Hildenbrand 17-Dec-18
RC 17-Dec-18
HARRY CARRY 17-Dec-18
07-Dec-18

HARRY CARRY's embedded Photo
Hello, fellow Traditional Archers....

"Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" next 3D shoot will be Sunday, December 16, 2018, at the East Huntingdon Sportsmens Association club in Alverton, Westmoreland County, Southwestern PA. AND NOTE: THERE ARE NO MAJOR HUNTING SCHEDULE CONFLICTS!!!!

As this is the second shoot of the Winter 2018-2019 schedule, and the shoot normally associated with the Christmas Season, we'd like to invite all of our faithful friends and attendees, AND make a special invitation to those of you who may be new to Traditional Archery, and would like to meet some great folks and shoot a round (or two) of the area's most interesting Traditional group!!

The Crew, as usual, cannot control the weather.... though we have tried. But, we've found that, especially for "Sticks", sometimes the weather we think is going to keep folks away turns out to be the best-attended shoot we've had. As long as the roads are safe, FOR EVERYONE, and the local township and state officials haven't shut roads down, we try to set up a course that can be called fun, challenging, and sometimes "evil"!!!

But as any attendee knows, once you are at "Sticks", it's up to YOU to make the shoot what you want it to be. Yes, we place shooting stakes on the course. But, if you are new to Traditional Archery, and are not yet comfortable shooting "from the stake", then YOU decide your comfort-shot-range. No one is going to kick you off the course, and no one is going to negate a score card! ("Score Card"???!!!!!!)

"Sticks" simply wants folks to have fun with their recurves, longbows, or selfbows. Matters not what kind of arrow you use; all we ask is "no broadheads"....

The course will be open from 8 AM until 1 PM. If your time schedule is open and relaxed, we invite you to shoot the course as many times as you wish, especially if you've been invited to shoot with various groups of friends. And if you are attending by yourself, feel free to introduce yourself. No doubt you'll be invited to join a party heading out.

Logistics: we'll base the course on conditions of the club property the day of set up, anticipating the day of the shoot. We do our best to NOT repeat the same course over and over; we try to offer a course that covers the greatest variety of actual Archery hunting conditions. (Translation: we may set up on both sides of Nuclear Creek....)

So, gather up your arrows. Tell those friends who've been asking about Traditional Archery, come down from the mountains, or cross from the plains and the cities.

To a place 45 miles or so southeast of Pittsburgh. Where Archers gather and arrows are flung! Come join us, at "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers 3D", Sunday, December 16!

And, THANK YOU! from The Crew!

07-Dec-18

07-Dec-18
Planning on it.

07-Dec-18
I hear the "Asian Barftech Kodiaks" will be doing a Christmas medley at 12:00 noon to be followed with visit from non-other than Old St. Harry Carry.

07-Dec-18
Are there going to be antler restrictions for the bucks?

07-Dec-18
I heard it is a protected Dink zone.

07-Dec-18
RC: anyone who DOES NOT FOLLOW all the rules and regs THAT I, HARRY CARRY, know about the PGC and hunting ARs, will be required to sacrifice ONE arrow into Nuclear Creek, AND, will be required to stand there the 47 seconds it takes to dissolve.....

So THERE'S YOUR ANTLER RESTRICTIONS.....!!!

08-Dec-18
Over the past few years, I matured extensively. I used to look forward to Strictly sticks and all the Tom Foolery. Now that Im a serious bowhunter, you guys can keep all the fun and games. I resign as a Barftechie......Im goin Ravin!

08-Dec-18

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
SS saint mascot :)

08-Dec-18
While the young ones are peeing on St. Harry's lap the adults are welcome to attend the ABK Shooting Clinic, held in the Dart room.

Strictly Sticks, fun for the whole family!

08-Dec-18
That photo is scary. Scary Harry Carry. This is going to be an interesting shoot!

13-Dec-18
It looks like a good sampling of the MMM will be in attendance. Somerset and Bedford counties will be represented well.

HC, better stock up on mid sections. The ten rings will be shot OUT!!!

Do you think you could pry yourself away from the table to join us?

13-Dec-18
Oh No, not Joey Perfect?

15-Dec-18
Red, if there's a crew member to cover the table, I'd like to join the MMM ranks. Been a long while since I shot with "Sticks"!!!

Hoping the weather that's happening right now....12:14 AM Saturday morning....has gone away by Sunday morning. And that it allows the Reinhart Hearse to maneuver them thar hills!!

15-Dec-18
Saint Sir Harry Mary Carry said anyone wearing their Asian Barftech Kodiak hats, that he would pay their shoot fee:)

15-Dec-18
Old St Hick picking up the tab for ABK members!

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause!

15-Dec-18
So.... if Ropee's bow goes missing, and ends up "being sold", THEN the tabs may be picked up. Until then, well, I CAN promise you free air to breathe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16-Dec-18
I'll be there Sister Saint Hairy-less Merry..

We'll talk about this.

16-Dec-18
Thanks again SS crew for the shoot and food, even though one of them trees jump the string. Can wait to see what kind of booner that spike will be next year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

16-Dec-18
Nice course SS.

Thanks...

16-Dec-18
Good day with good friends.

16-Dec-18
43 friends, Red Beastmaster, 43!! Yeppers, that's how many folks ventured to this year's December Rain-Event To Remember!!!

But what made it really cool was to meet some of the folks who regularly post here to the PA Bowsite and the Leatherwall....folks who were making this "Sticks" shoot their first.

We appreciate the time you took to shoot with us: we only hope that what we presented was worthy!

And, if you were here today, and just listened to the folks who came, you realized that the conversations were not just about Archery. Nah, more like conversations that happen when the Cool Cousins get together over the Holidays. (And even an oddball but totally likeable couple of Crazy Uncles..... ) Like a family...!

Anyhow, the Reinhart Hearse is parked til January's SPAM shoot on Jan. 20, 2019, to give them critters a little while to dry out. Maybe a good time to let all you ASAT CAMO or Woolrich wearers dry out your gear, too!

Our Thanks to all of you! (Including the "someone" who slightly altered a car in the parking lot....!) Have YINZSELVES a Merry Little Christmas and Happy New Year! And behave: who knows what Santa may have in store for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17-Dec-18
Harry...thanks to you and the rest of the gang. Good shoot.

17-Dec-18
slightly altered a car in the parking lot

WHAT?

17-Dec-18
RC: nothing for you to get upside-down about.....!

• Sitka Gear