writer 08-Dec-18
Matte 08-Dec-18
08-Dec-18

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Warning rifle kill but great story.

I talked about a 160" we had been passing at our hunting grounds. This deer had vanished back in mid November. Kody as well as myself had passed this deer during archery season. However sitting the ground blind last night he staggered into the bean field and we noticed a limp. Looking injured Kody decided to take this deer. He made a great shot a little high but still in the broiler room. The deer made off but was later tracked down. His foot had been shot in half some time ago and there was a shot through his left main beam. Although we would had loved to see this deer make it another season I do not think he would have.

08-Dec-18
Great hunt for you and your son, sounds like he had a hard gun season. Hope to see it in Hutch.

08-Dec-18
Great buck Kody, congrats!

08-Dec-18
Nice buck, for sure. Why’d Kody pass on him earlier?

08-Dec-18
This deer we figured had a lot of potential. There are a few others that were on the list that seemed to be older. This deer had a pass this year until we noticed he was limping really bad. The right thing to do no matter the age or size is take out a wounded deer in my eyes.

• Sitka Gear