Bigbuckbob 16-Dec-18
BOBHUNT71 16-Dec-18
DeerDan 16-Dec-18
SixLomaz 16-Dec-18
Smoothdraw 17-Dec-18
N8tureBoy 17-Dec-18
Bigbuckbob 17-Dec-18
09-Dec-18
Just wondering if any of you are done for the year with the bow? Seems to have quieted down on the site lately. I love going out this time of the year, when it's cold and trees are bare. I've been having great luck this seeing deer nearly every sit, so my confidence is high.

09-Dec-18
Good luck I have kids to get off to school every morning now so I'm getting out on the last few weekends with the bow on Sunday's and depending on the property muzzle loader or bow . Took the last week off in December but wife working days I'll be on daddy duty but hope for some afternoon hunts .

09-Dec-18
Bow typically gets put away for the ML, unless I need it. Like the deer are within 500' of a house

09-Dec-18
I’ll be out with both ml and bow until the end

09-Dec-18
I'll be out the next few days with the bow.

09-Dec-18
I shot a mature doe and a 6 point buck so I have what I need. Cameras showing only late night activity so pretty much done since Thanksgiving

10-Dec-18
The quest continues

10-Dec-18
I put down the bow in CT about 3 weeks ago. I'll take it our for a walk or 2 the last week of the season scouting. I've been hunting MA.

10-Dec-18
I'm done.. used up all of my vacation time and since I hunt public land I try not to do Saturdays and you can't on Sunday's.. Was hoping to pull the stands out this past Sunday, but shot water pump left us a car down and the wife had plans.. So I made up a batch of jerky.. It's in the oven now drying.

10-Dec-18
Gettting late and I do not have a deer in the freezer. Last year I didn't score until Dec 18...

So I'm still at it, but unfortunately only on weekends - and many Saturdays are abbreviated with family/holiday obligations.. I'll be hitting it hard from Dec 22-31 since I'll be off of work

10-Dec-18
i am still hunting but less...going to start waterfowl more ....but I will still go once or twice a week

10-Dec-18
Still at it, with bow or ML. I may even get my RI lic. this year to drag it out a bit in Jan.

10-Dec-18
nope...still out with the bow....right till the end.

10-Dec-18
Done for 2018. Last buck I got did it for me. It is always good to recognize the boundary limit. Ending during a positive phase boosts my moral for next season. I have plans and need to prepare for Alaska - moose/bear, Oregon - elk, and/or Newfoundland - moose/bear. I am going 2 out of 3 for sure. Merry Christmas everyone.

10-Dec-18
Ain’t seen a deer yet so I can’t quit!LOL

10-Dec-18
I go till the end!

10-Dec-18
There was one year I sat in my ground blind New Years eve with a shoulder so sore I knew I wouldn't be able to pull back and draw if a deer came into range. I just like being out there.

10-Dec-18
Ive only got 1 in the freezer from beginning of bow season I need 1 more . Im in it till the end.

11-Dec-18
Done. Freezer full. Wife says all good here. Very big buck this season. Happy about that. Drag absolutely sucked though. But one step at a time

11-Dec-18
Its worth it Oneeye.

12-Dec-18
Still have two tags left so I'll be out there 19th-30th. I hear there's chance of snow around Xmas. That would be good.

12-Dec-18
I love late season

12-Dec-18
I missed a slam dunk yesterday. I think it’s these big bulky gloves I’m wearing. Next time I’m stripping down. Plus I dropped my arm on the shot. That didn’t help!

13-Dec-18
Going till the bitter end 12/31 and trying to find private land in Zone 11 for January. Going to Maryland for a management hunt Jan 14th Shotgun st which time I hope to finally fill the freezer ????

14-Dec-18
I'm done. Still doing some muzzleloader in mass that's it. Then on to killing yotes

15-Dec-18
Too much to do preparing for our move to Louisiana to even think about hunting! Luckily, my first time out resulted in killing a buck within 15 minutes of getting in the stand! my only other time out was a 2 hour sit and I saw 4 bucks but could not get a shot. That was my deer season this year - less than 4 hours! Wait, the rut may be kicking in when I get to Louisiana !!!!

15-Dec-18
Pulled the stands out today.

16-Dec-18

Smoothdraw's embedded Photo
Smoothdraw's embedded Photo
No tag soup for me. I shot this buck last night. The shot was a little back so I waited overnight. I found him 100 yards away right where he bedded down. Liver shot.

16-Dec-18
Awesome buck! Congratulations!

16-Dec-18
Congrats

16-Dec-18
Cool rack congrats!!!

16-Dec-18
Way to go! Gun or bow? State or private? Congrats

16-Dec-18
Congratulations.

16-Dec-18
Congratulations

16-Dec-18
Enjoy the spoils of your work. Cool buck.

17-Dec-18
Thanks! Private land with bow. No pass through.

17-Dec-18
I got permission for a new property this weekend in NW corner. Hoping to get out a few more times for some in-season recon. Was out yesterday doing some speed scouting and looking fwd to learning the property better in the off season

17-Dec-18
N8,if you ever need help with a drag let me know. I'll be headed out a few more times. Good luck with your new property

• Sitka Gear