retro 11-Dec-18
RUGER1022 11-Dec-18
Ranger620 11-Dec-18
Drop Tine 11-Dec-18
MN_Bow_Hunter_1980 11-Dec-18
Ranger620 11-Dec-18
Franklin 11-Dec-18
10-Dec-18
Looking for thoughts on a late season muzzleloader hunt in Missouri ?

Worth it ?

Better to go early season archery ?

Just ?? And for thoughts.

10-Dec-18
I lived in southwest Missouri and the muzzl loader season is worth it, plenty of big bucks and deer in general, u want be disappointed.

10-Dec-18

Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Drop Tine's embedded Photo
I’ve gone the last few years. I will tell you these hunts are very weather dependent.

1st year it was in the 40’s and deer movement was minimal.

Second year temps were in the upper 20’s and deer movement was better. Passed several bucks in the 130’s and seen a couple dandies that we played cat and mouse with but couldn’t get on them for a shot.

Last year was the most brutal hunt I have ever been on. Highs of -5 and add in the wind. Lows of -15 to -20.

Hunting was outstanding. Deer were moving from early afternoon and onto dark. Seen lots of bucks. Passed up one I shouldn’t have and wiffed on a brute at about 160 yards. I’ll admit that this old boy got a little excited.

Go for it!

10-Dec-18
Thanks. Droptine. That’s the kind of info I was looking for. Love late season hunting and the cold temps.

Lost interest in Wisconsin late archery season in the Northwoods due to quality of hunt available now.

10-Dec-18
Great genetics . Whacked a 146 in. 6 pt years ago . A 180 class ran past me while I was dressing the 146 .

10-Dec-18
We would all love to see a pic of a 146" 6 pt....

10-Dec-18
I was working on a project in K C & could not make to WI for gun season . 1 of my Iron workers invited me to his Uncles 200 ac farm .

They put me on a hi hill next to a fence . When the sun came up I heard noise behind me but refused to look . This big buck walks by feeding on Acorns . When I pull the trigger on my Ruger # 1, 500 domestic Turkeys screamed & flew everywhere . I walked down the hill & started gutting my Deer . The farmer drove his truck to me & as we put the buck in back I noticed a pile of dead Turkeys . He said they died of Heart attacks when I pulled the trigger .

He said everything you have heard about white Turkeys is true . They will drown looking up at rain too . We headed bwck to Kansas with a big buck & 6 Turkeys .

10-Dec-18
Foot notes

The buck was big framed & very tall with no Brow tines .

1 of my pipefitters offered to mount the Deer . 3 months later he didn't show for work . I drove out to his trailer . I was told he ran off to TX with the Farmers wife & a whole bunch of antlers . The farmer & his 44 mag left for TX the next day . Never did get those antlers back . That was 1977 .

11-Dec-18
Didnt realize it was that complicated. I thought it would be something simple like Bigfoot took the deer.....

11-Dec-18
The entire story was printed in several Newspapers & Magazines ( Mo. Outdoors). I'll dig around for the print . 21 in wide & 13 inch G 2's .

Yes I could write a book .

11-Dec-18
Well... not waiting for next year to go.

After checking around with a couple outfitters. One had a few openings. Not sure if it’s good or bad that they do but regardless.

Headed down on the 26 th. Hunt the 27 th through the 30th. Super pumped. Hope the weather changes. Looks mild there now.

11-Dec-18
Have fun. Where about you hunting? I hunted just south of the Iowa border by Queen City.

11-Dec-18
Ranger620 is the muzzleload tag more or less than a regular NR tag? Also, does anyone have any suggestions for public lands down there? I have never hunted deer in MO. Just looking for tips on how to approach the state as an Non Resident. Any tips welcome

11-Dec-18
Will be near Denver, mo.

Cost is same for firearms tag.

11-Dec-18
Those DAMN MUZZLELOADERS.....who comes to a bowsite and talks about a MUZZLELOADER.....bastards!!!!

Sorry....I couldn`t help myself....lol

I have hunted Missouri twice and both times had a horrible hunt. Just never saw the numbers let alone the quality I was hoping for. Which made me made because it`s a great state and the tags are very fair and generous. They pound them down there during gun season. I hunted N. Missouri during the bow season.

• Sitka Gear