Addicted 12-Dec-18
jax2009r 12-Dec-18
Wild Bill 12-Dec-18
Addicted 12-Dec-18
Straight Arrow 13-Dec-18
bigbuckbob 13-Dec-18
Addicted 13-Dec-18
11-Dec-18
Hey guys. I have read that hunting just before a storm is good because the deer know it and will feed more. Friday afternoon and night and Saturday as well is supposed to rain but the rain will start around 1 or so Friday. Would you hunt Thursday or Friday if you could pick one day? Or do you think it doesn't matter?

11-Dec-18
I'd go Tuesday.

11-Dec-18
Fri

12-Dec-18
Raw dog, you think after the weather front?

12-Dec-18
Before and after both good times for myself. But if it is snow for some reason I never see them the day after but by the 2nd or third day seems like I get more late morning movement in my spots.

12-Dec-18
I'm thinking Friday. Weather report says the rain will not start until Friday night so all day the deer will sense the barometric change coming. I've read that gets them moving to prepare to not feed as much for the next few days.

I've hunted in the rain, snow and windy days, sitting and stalking. Only got one once on a drizzly day. Walked right up to a doe in the middle of a corn field in mid afternoon to about 15 yards. Every time she put her head down to eat I took a step or two. When she looked up I stopped. The wind was in my favor. What a cool experience that was. I hit her and she ran straight into the woods. It was wet enough where the blood trail was not great. So I searched the direction she ran in a left to right pattern slowly moving forward. Found her about 30 yards away.

12-Dec-18
Rawdog77, I agree, I will go out Sunday afternoon as well, but I was also figuring you said that because that is your day to hunt this week :)

12-Dec-18
i think thursday and friday will be good and sunday

12-Dec-18
First quarter moon this weekend puts it overhead all afternoon. Before and after a storm, yeah, if you have a food source where you hunt.

12-Dec-18
That is always my hardest thing, finding the food source.

13-Dec-18
Go Friday before the big Saturday storm

13-Dec-18
Never shot a deer from the couch, so get out when you can.

13-Dec-18
BBB, the couch would never hold me back, work does ;)

• Sitka Gear