leftee 23-Dec-18
sitO 23-Dec-18
leftee 23-Dec-18
leftee 23-Dec-18
Trebarker 23-Dec-18
leftee 23-Dec-18
Trebarker 24-Dec-18
20-Dec-18
Been fortunate to be able to bow hunt Ks for 2 seasons now and love and appreciate it very much.Historically over the decades i’ve been the ‘weird tree’ guy in my circle cause I hunt deer,not trees and will try set up in almost any tree if it’s in the right spot. Ks is Mecca for weird tree guys and many are challenging to say the least.Big,small,crooked,twisted,gnarly,you name it,it’s here,just challenging you to ‘try set up in me’ buddy. My favorites have become those wide diameter monsters that split into separate big branches(trees)up higher.Great cover and deer never ‘make me’ when in them.Well my most favorite is about 4 feet in diameter at its base,then splitting into 3 separate ‘trees’ at the 6ft level providing a great set up about 15 feet up.The interior has hollow spots infested by god knows what but squirrels and occ coon for sure. Well I have a pickup that has the ‘fob’ only starting system.The key gets you in but ONLY the fob starts the vehicle.Yup likely guessed it,the other day reach into my pocket to get something and while pulling it out my fob falls out,bounces off my stand and bullseyes into the hollow section-or one of 3 arms of the hollow section about 8 feet below me.Hour later realize i’m Screwed and never gonna get in there and recover it short of sawing the monster down.Thank god my wife was down here at the time and had my other fob or I would have had to have the vehicle towed to the nearest dealer in Joplin Mo.As it was,a new one,programmed,set me back $200. Beautiful tree but I hate the SOB.Told the service manager in Joplin was so upset had decided would cut it and get the fob.He said ‘don’t’ cause once reprogrammed,the vehicle would treat the old fob as stolen and lock everything up,requiring yet another fob and reprogramming. I miss the old days and ways??

20-Dec-18
Ouch!!! I never take my keys with me anymore after loosing them once.

20-Dec-18
Good plan!

20-Dec-18
I've started carrying my keys in a zipped section of my backpack. Started doing that after getting suited up one afternoon at the truck. I bent over to pull on a boot and some how pressed the panic button on my key fob in my pocket. Horn started blaring, so much for a stealthy entry. Keys in the backpack..... problem solved.

20-Dec-18
Do that elk hunting but no pack all the time deer hunting so got away from it but solid. Got to do something differently 4 sure.

20-Dec-18
SOO, what's the advantage of having a kee free fob deal if you lose the fob and have the same problem?

20-Dec-18
Just toss'm under a rock or piece of debris near the vehicle, or on the way to the stand.

21-Dec-18
Keepemsharp great question,unfortunately with many new vehicles you have no choice and can’t change it.On my wife’s Chevy she could at least call Onstar or whatever that is and they can open the door and/or start the car. Sito,yeh the easiest I guess. At my age senility could then be a factor next.Lotta rocks out there.

21-Dec-18
I leave the keys in the ignition so the landowner can move it if he want's. If not in the ignition I set them on top of a tire.

21-Dec-18
Yep put em behind the rear tire have for yrs

21-Dec-18
Brand new truck, I locked the truck with the remote. We were going swimming, so I put the key under the bedliner. Shut the tailgate. Yupp the tailgate locked and I could not reach under the liner for the key. Called Onstar and they unlocked it for me.

21-Dec-18
If you have a key fob, chances are your manufacture has a keyless key pad that you can buy and have your dealer program for your truck

This is what I did, the key pad was $104 and dealer charged $50 to program it. I just lock the door, throw the keys on the floor and shut the door I stuck mine isnide my gas door..

21-Dec-18
What sito sez....I would never trust myself with a set of keys

21-Dec-18
I own a truck that’s not worth $500 and insure it for a couple grand.

I just leave the keys in the bucket and hope for a pay day.

I’ve got other things to spend my money on other than payments.

21-Dec-18
I lost my keys one time when my so and I were coyote hunting. We didn't go 30 yards from the truck but in the dark couldn't find them. Had to wait two hours for the wife to come get us. Then took my Boton terrior out there in a leash and he found them with in a few minutes. Key finding dog.lol we took him along for the exercise. He went straight to them and started sniffing at them. Wife said Boston found found them. LOL Yep I put mine on the tire now too..

21-Dec-18
If ya paid $154.00 for a gizmo, why not just put the key in your pocket? Inside the gas door is a pretty weak hiding place. Unless you have a locking cap that you might buy for less money, then put that pad or key in your pocket?

22-Dec-18
Dafish will check into that.Buddies Ford has that.

22-Dec-18
Best one I heard, from a locksmith friend, about when he had to go open a $50k truck that had another $10k of extra shine added to it, high dollar dog boxes in the back etc etc. The genius had decided to prevent losing his key fob by putting inside the gas door, that had to be opened via a remote switch...…………..located inside the cab of the truck.

The truck owner was a doctor.

23-Dec-18

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Sitting in the tree this AM,might as well post a pic

23-Dec-18
Can ya drop a magnet on a string down there?

23-Dec-18
Was going to try but was told too much plastic,too little metal.

23-Dec-18
Was going to try but was told too much plastic,too little metal.

23-Dec-18
Take a thin metal/wood rod with a wad of duct tape or something sticky on the end of it, fish it out.

23-Dec-18
Trebarker also a good idea but what you can see in this pic is a bit deceiving.The opening u see initially was full pretty full of sticks,leaves etc which I cleared in my initial effort.The real problem though is about a foot down it splits into a series of separate holes or tunnels that bend,twist and are full of assorted crap.Some literally.Suspect any tape or sticky material would clog quickly and likely end in failure. About 2 feet off the ground there was a hole that I used an arrow to clear of debris and had hoped might disclose the fob,.Nope.Likely it was in a different tunnel.Now mute anyway cause the fob won’t work and they say can’t be reprogrammed. On top of that I took an aerial piss down the hole when I left today. Take that Mr fob.

24-Dec-18
LMAO, know the feeling

• Sitka Gear