Raider 20-Dec-18
Ksgobbler 20-Dec-18
Catscratch 21-Dec-18
Raider 21-Dec-18
ksq232 21-Dec-18
Ksgobbler 21-Dec-18
ksq232 21-Dec-18
20-Dec-18
Does anyone have any experience / feedback with planting this on your property? I'm needing some screening on a couple properties and interested in trying it out. I haven't been able to find much feedback online. Thanks!

20-Dec-18
Go to habitat talk and they love it. I refuse to plant it. I dont want to introduce and invasive. Somebody somewhere though sericea was a great idea too.

I plant egyptian wheat along the road. I am going to switchgrass for next year.

21-Dec-18

Catscratch's embedded Photo
I have some planted from a sterile variety. It's alive but hasn't done much. To be honest I have done nothing to help it. No spray, no weed barrier, no weeding... just planted some ryhsomes and walked away. It's the white tufts in the pic. I think I would rather transplant chunks of switchgrass...

21-Dec-18
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. I have a bunch ordered and scheduled to be delivered this spring and heard some negative feedback on it being invasive. It got me a little worried I made a mistake. I was also looking at the Alamo Switchgrass which sounds like a good alternative as well.

21-Dec-18
When we finally get some deer to stick around during daylight behind our house, still going to be a couple year probably, I'm planning to plant Egyptian wheat. Makes a good screen and the quail ought to love it to boot.

21-Dec-18
Ksq for what its worth as a screen in doesnt last long. Most of mine is laid over. Ill get a pic tomorrow. However of does good the first couple months of the season.

21-Dec-18
Good to know gobbler, I'll keep that in mind with the time comes. From the study I've done of it, you have to hit the correct amount of fertilizer; too little and it doesn't do well, but too much and it will get too tall and break over.

• Sitka Gear