Michigan
Contributors to this thread:
Jon Stewart 28-Dec-18
BOWNUT 28-Dec-18
Roger Norris 02-Jan-19
ground hunter 02-Jan-19
Hammer 22-Jan-19
28-Dec-18
I am going to try an new tactic next year since baiting is banned. Going to grab a few car and truck grills and drop them near my blinds. Deer seem to find them pretty easy.

28-Dec-18
LOL I agree see it every day. Good for business.

02-Jan-19
I'm happy to see the baiting ban. We hunt a leased farm, and it's comical to watch my lease partners putting out bait, all the while surrounded by almost 1000 acres of feed.

I'm not one of those "baiting isn't hunting" types, I really don't care. I just think it is a waste of time. Figuring out travel patterns is easier than hauling bait around.

As an aside, Jon, I have been thinking about you and your wife. You are in my prayers.

02-Jan-19
Interesting thing about baiting, is that Russ Mason, is not going to ban it from the UP. In fact without it, he has stated, the kill will be down, (which they do not want), and less hunter participation.............................

he does not believe it will spread CWD or is the cause of the problem.... My question than, why ban it in the lower......???

I think the UP would be better off without bait, and better served by more chain saws

22-Jan-19
Jon,

I have a couple old deer battered fenders you can have lol

• Sitka Gear