BigEight 28-Dec-18
Zmax 28-Dec-18
sitO 28-Dec-18
Thornton 28-Dec-18
Dixie 28-Dec-18
BigEight 28-Dec-18
Dixie 28-Dec-18
28-Dec-18
I’m about to head out for my last sit of the year. It has been a long, tough yet fun season. I was lucky enough to shoot a do early in the season. Throw that in the with getting to see God’s creation and some peaceful alone time.... not sure it gets much better.

My luck with the bucks this season has been non existent! I have probably been on stand 50+ times when you count morning and evening sits however have only seen 2 shooter bucks in person. Those encounters obviously didn’t end up the way I wished.

The last such encounter just happened two weeks ago. I got into the stand at 2:30 only to hear something coming my way at 2:35. It indeed was the solid 8 I’ve been hunting since he showed back up on camera. My heart was pumping and I was so excited as he was following the exact trail I walked in. All this to have a coyote come running in from the other direction.... the buck was gone for good(well that evening at least).

I’m hopeful he will show back up.... and before any does because I am in need of some more deer meat! Good luck to anyone else who is still and it and congrats to those that aren’t. I sure do love this stuff!

28-Dec-18

28-Dec-18
PS. Posted from my phone and appeared to have paragraphs before sending!

28-Dec-18
Have to hit the line enter button twice to create the paragraph.

Good luck!

28-Dec-18
Good luck bud, fat lady's gettin tuned up but ain't over just yet!

I have to hit enter at least 4 times to get a paragraph break, maybe 5?

28-Dec-18
Looks to be fine evening to sit over a bean or cornfield

28-Dec-18
So BigEight your not going to doe hunt in Jan.???

28-Dec-18
No luck tonight. Coyotes were around all night. Darn things... and of course no shot opportunities at them. They must have been feeding on something not far from my stand because there was a lot of fighting going on with them.

I may try to get out Sunday evening but not likely as we are taking the kids to great wolf lodge tomorrow night.

Dixie.... in my zone we only get one day and I’m not really that excited about using the rifle. Plus I’ll probably have to much fun on New Year’s Eve to want to go out the next day... ??

28-Dec-18
So where are you located.??

• Sitka Gear