standswittaknife 31-Dec-18
PECO 31-Dec-18
COHOYTHUNTER 31-Dec-18
ColoBull 31-Dec-18
JohnMC 31-Dec-18
Stix 06-Jan-19
29-Dec-18

Grasshopper's Link
See the link, I am waiting for our meeting on the 16th before I submit. I want to ask questions before lodging an opinion.

On Facebook, guys seem to be raving about how great OTC with caps would be, I am not sure why. I suppose if you want to take a baby step towards limited licensing that would be it. I can see one advantage - You don't have to spend points to get a license. On the downside - if they set the cap at our current participation the only thing that changed was you get a leftover day purchasing experience in the middle of the week for your primary license. As well, I don't believe OTC with caps has any residency quota split.

If you favor all elk to go limited, there will be winners and losers. As those with points figure out they need to spend them to get a license, point requirements for those zero, 1 & 2 point units may go up. If we had an early deer season, maybe OTC elk crowding could get better, I'm not sure.

Our last survey suggested 67% of CBA members support unlimited OTC for residents with caps on NR's. While that is not a CPW survey option, they do provide "fill in the blank" options. I can't imagine someone sorting through all those answers to find a highly supported "fill in the blank" consensus.

I think our board and a majority of members support Sept 1 start date for elk, and an early, west of I-25 deer season. Early season deer could be a great hunt, alleviate crowding in elk seasons, and maybe make the plains easier to draw. If your inclined, vote for those.

https://www.research.net/r/8MQNS3F

30-Dec-18
I haven't opened it yet but I hear one of the questions is what gender do you "identify" with? There will be comments.

30-Dec-18
They seem to have a hardon for screwing up archery season for sure...

OTC for residents and caps for non is the best option. Or a pure draw for non is even better.

Also I hate the Sept 1 start date... just personally I need weekends and everyday counts. Besides if you can’t kill before muzzy starts then why bother archery hunting lol. I only say this because of the 12 bulls I have killed I only killed one after the muzzy started and that was because my wife was first shot that year.

30-Dec-18
Who do we chew out about the options for archery hunts. They basically made it impossible for us to have a consensus that we need to have otc resident and caps for Nonresidents

30-Dec-18
I haven't read it yet. Currently, nonresidents use more otc licenses than residents. If they go otc with caps with no res/nonres quotas, residents could end up way worse than what 100% limited would bring.

30-Dec-18
FYI

You can take the survey multiple times if you use a different device - phone, laptop, desktop computer, etc.

30-Dec-18
Who makes these questions up?

As usual, they SUCK! Obviously these questions have been written by a nonhunter or someone that doesn’t have a clue about what is going on during hunting seasons and certainly not archery.

These questions do not address major problems with the season structures.

How can we get CPW to understand some very simple concepts like -

reducing rifle hunters during archery seasons?

Going limited for elk for nonresidents and keeping OTC for residents?

Expanding moose season dates and ability to hunt with different weapons in different seasons - archery for 2 weeks, archery and muzzle loader for two weeks, any weapon for a month or two to have more time to hunt for these once in a lifetime hunts?

Expanding sheep and goat archery opportunities and season structures to be able to hunt sheep in the rut with archery equipment in more areas?

Is this concept about an earlier archery season an additional season? WHY!?!?! Hell, just extend the dates! Archery deer could go OTC, have extended dates and still have little impact on the deer herd - Hell look at Arizona’s Archery deer seasons!

Will add a lot of comments but am pretty sure they will get ignored or lost in the shuffle.

30-Dec-18
This looks like a forced survey. They seem to already have the solution they want and designed a survey to create "support" for their solution.

I wonder why they felt the need for a gender question. Do elk care whether they are killed by men or women or other? Does it somehow impact the population differently? Are there separate seasons for men and women and other that I'm not aware of? Or are they going to throw out the opinions of one of the three genders?

30-Dec-18
I filled it out, but one of the questions:

"what gender do you identify with?

I hope Jesus comes back soon to vaporize this world before it gets anymore corrupted.

30-Dec-18
I filled it out, and the discussion of raising non resident and resident and use a otc with caps for non resident hunters. Most guys we talked to agreed they'd pay 75.00 to 100.00 for elk permits, raise the cost of non residents to 1000.00 and put a cap on, first come first serve for non resident hunters. Idaho has the non resident otc cap system and it works fine.

30-Dec-18
Since a couple of you are concerned about the "gender" question, the state has added to the standard "M" and "F" for both driver's licenses and birth certificates, an "X" identifier. Now before you go all crazy and scream the end of the world is near, there are people born "intersex". In other words, not clearly male nor female genitalia. Because of our societal "norms", doctors and families have had to choose either male or female. Now, these people can be identified as they physically are, neither.

30-Dec-18
What percentage of the population is that fawn? This should be good.

30-Dec-18
Dirk Diggler, There are many forms and variations of intersex. If you are talking subtle differences, it can be as many as 1 in 100, not "XX" or "XY", 1 in 1700, Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome, 1 in 13,000.

Essentially, there are too many variables to give an exact number, but the Biblical "man" or "woman" doesn't exist.

30-Dec-18
Fawn, the entry has nothing to do with x or y chromosomes. It clearly refers to gender identity, not DNA.

30-Dec-18
I figured there would be the OMG, the sky is falling, the world is coming to an end reaction from some. The "identity" does refer to birth anomolies as well. As an RN who has been studying this subject for over 30 years, guest lectured at college, I can tell all of you who "identify" as "male" or "female", that you have nothing to worry about from people who don't "identify" as either. Why do the bean counters put gender as an identifier? Go ask them. I am only trying to explain a subject that most people have little or knowledge about, but are quick to make statements based on fear, not fact.

30-Dec-18
It's pretty simple fawn, what percentage of people are born "intersex"? I'm not asking you to solve cold fusion. If this is your field of study, you should be able to answer the simplest of questions in this area.

31-Dec-18
If you guys are going to make this All about your indignation over culture it's only going to water down the rest of your objectives.

31-Dec-18
Longcruise, You are right. I was hoping to give background to a question that has absolutely no bearing in the survey results. For anyone who would like to discuss the "identity" line, just PM me. The survey for we as hunters and archers is far too important to let the "identity" line sidetrack what is important, our future as hunters, whoever we may be.

31-Dec-18
done...

31-Dec-18
Maybe they want to get more women into hunting, so they will allocate more tags to female applicants. In which case, how many of us manly men will "identify" as females?

31-Dec-18
OTC for residents and limited draw for non residents

31-Dec-18
Agree with Coyo. And agree with AG, to some extent. "I yam what I yam...", and (no offense) don't care what you are (so long as you support bow-hunting).

31-Dec-18
May I suggest filling out on phone, on Ipad, on computer, maybe at work. If answering survey once is good then 4-5 times would be good times 4-5!!

Fill out comment section - Focus on removing rifle season from archery season and limiting out of state hunters to draw only.

06-Jan-19
JohnMc, did as you said, we fo have common ground on some things.....

• Sitka Gear