KDC 14-Apr-19
sticksender 15-Apr-19
KDC 16-Apr-19
bas 16-Apr-19
INbowdude 17-Apr-19
KDC 17-Apr-19
INbowdude 18-Apr-19
31-Dec-18
Happy New Years you Hoosier hunters you. I hope the new year brings health, happiness and hunting.

02-Jan-19
Okay, different tact. What are you hunt plans for 2019? I'm doing the Porkapalooza at the end of March. Turkeys in Indiana and Ontario. Possible Wyoming elk if I draw a tag. Indiana whitetails in the fall. AND of course, being a weak man, if somebody wants to go hog hunting, I know a guy! Cheers.

02-Jan-19
Happy New year Mike! That sounds like a full plate of fun! Best of luck!

So far, outside of Indiana turkey and deer, I have a Nebraska turkey hunt planned on the front end of a trip to Omaha in early April for the P&Y convention. Mid-August, heading back to Alaska...this time for spot and stalk black bear on the salmon streams. Six of us have a boat chartered out of Homer for seven days of bear hunting and fishing. The rest of the year is up to luck of the draw in the Western big game hunt lotteries.

02-Jan-19
Texas for turkeys. It has been 11 years since I last hunted Texas.

Kansas for turkeys for the 6th year in a row.

Maybe Nebraska for turkeys again if time allows.

Indiana for turkeys, deer, and waterfowl.

02-Jan-19
DEC, you sound like my kind of guy with all that turkey hunting. PAV, sounds like your plate is pretty full. Is the bear hunting out of Homer for black, brown or both?

02-Jan-19
Happy New Year! I should have the points to draw an elk tag in CO 76 (I guess you never really know for sure). IN turkeys, deer, and a small trapline with my boys over their Christmas break. We just finished up with this years trapline and we had a blast.

And of course the fingers are always crossed to get drawn for one of the many tags across the West that you never really have a shot at!

Some of you have a very exciting year ahead, good luck!

03-Jan-19
Hey Mike. The hunt out of Homer is for black bear only. Unfortunately, non-residents require a guide (and some serious coin) to hunt browns. The boat will be "base camp". The crew takes care of everything on the boat and transports the hunters to and from the mainland via skiffs. There is no actual guide service included. Once on the mainland, we're on our own. Honestly, since we're bowhunting, it would not break my heart if I didn't even see a brown. Definitely be packing a sidearm and pepper spray just in case.

03-Jan-19
Happy New Year to all. You guys have some great hunts lined up.

Will head south of the border this month for another try at Coues Deer. Going to NWT in September for Alaska-Yukon Moose. After that, heading to western Colorado in mid-winter for Mountain Lion. Hoping to draw at least an elk or deer tag in some western state for this fall.

Good luck to everyone this year.

04-Jan-19
My out of state trip for this year is a New Brunswick spring black bear hunt. All other hunting will be done in Indiana. Happy New Year everyone!

06-Jan-19
You guys have some exciting plans for the upcoming year! I hope that you each have some amazing adventures!!!

2019 will all be local hunting for me - can't get the time off from my classroom and need to get serious about a new truck so that Grace can inherit my old SUV. Also need to get serious about finding a new urban spot - hard to run an hour away for deer when my teens have so many activities these days! Hopefully get some snow and pound the geese between now and Feb when that season ends. Wrap up my wishlist with calling in my wife's first turkey and a couple whitetails for me this fall. Pete

07-Jan-19
Hey Pete, been there my friend. Darn administrators have never understood why I need 2 weeks off to go to Alaska. Other good news, the teens grow up!

21-Feb-19
And now I can add Wyoming elk to the season!

21-Feb-19
Congrats Mike! I absolutely love Wyoming!

23-Feb-19
Congrats on your elk tag Mike!

23-Feb-19
Congrats. No love for me in the random. I tried for a Bighorns unit. Next up Arizona to post Friday. Then I can decide on Utah picks. I should end up with Oregon elk if nothing in AZ/UT.

23-Feb-19
Thanks guys. I'm hoping this hunt breaks my Wyoming curse. Did okay with mulies and antelope back in the 90's but 2010's have been bleak. No moose shots or sheep shots. Not to mention a torn left hammie thanks to a nervous horse. This is a redemption hunt.

24-Feb-19
You got this Mike! That's a great elk tag. The Bighorns won't disappoint. Wish I had some intel to share, but my Bighorns hunt was one unit west of yours.

Don't be surprised if you have some close encounters with Bullwinkle up there too!

01-Apr-19

INbowdude's embedded Photo
Porkapalooza 13
INbowdude's embedded Photo
Porkapalooza 13
Toughest hog hunt I've been on. No action at the feeders so we stalked, ambushed and finally I had a quick shot at stand 7. Windy, cold and 9 guys out in the woods chasing pigs. 7 hogs killed, 2 MIA and everybody got a shot.

01-Apr-19
Knockin' down the bacon as usual....congrats!

03-Apr-19
Pigman ain't got nuthin' on Mike!

14-Apr-19

pav's embedded Photo
First evening hunt. Four birds came in, three left.
pav's embedded Photo
First evening hunt. Four birds came in, three left.
pav's embedded Photo
First morning hunt. Five birds came in, four left.
pav's embedded Photo
First morning hunt. Five birds came in, four left.
pav's embedded Photo
Last morning hunt. Moved about an hour west in hopes of connecting on a white tipped bird. Had to pass on a few shot opportunities, but it paid off.
pav's embedded Photo
Last morning hunt. Moved about an hour west in hopes of connecting on a white tipped bird. Had to pass on a few shot opportunities, but it paid off.
Managed to squeeze three days of turkey hunting in north central Nebraska prior to the P&Y Convention in Omaha. Timing was great as the birds were super responsive. Had a total of fifteen longbeards in easy bow range over three days. Got out of there just before the blizzard hit on Wednesday.

14-Apr-19

KDC's embedded Photo
KDC's embedded Photo
Congratulations everyone. Chris was able to get this one in Kansas this morning and I was lucky enough to film the whole hunt.

15-Apr-19
You guys did great....congrats!

16-Apr-19

KDC's embedded Photo
KDC's embedded Photo
KDC's embedded Photo
Chris is tagged out in Kansas
KDC's embedded Photo
Chris is tagged out in Kansas
Filled my first Kansas tag Monday morning and Chris filled his second tag this morning

16-Apr-19
Great shooting guys! Congrats!

17-Apr-19
Great shooting! Way to go guys. 1 week till the opener.

17-Apr-19

KDC's embedded Photo
KDC's embedded Photo
KDC's embedded Photo
KDC's embedded Photo
Finished up in Kansas. Great year out there.

18-Apr-19
I'd say so! Congrats.

• Sitka Gear