arctichill 05-Feb-19
02-Jan-19

trophyhill's embedded Photo
January 2. Happy, happy, happy ;)
January 2. Happy, happy, happy ;)
I'll start. Not a monster by any means, but he's my bowhunting trophy this year :)

02-Jan-19
Congrats on quick successful hunt. He looks awesome. The deer that is. Jk good job and I'm jealous.

02-Jan-19
Thx man! Rut is in full swing. Just couldn't get close enough to a few toads yesterday. But I'll gladly take him :)

03-Jan-19
trophyhill you suck! hahaha

nice mule deer

03-Jan-19
Lol priley. The new year started out great!

03-Jan-19

smarba's embedded Photo
Happy New Year!
smarba's embedded Photo
Happy New Year!
Congrats trophyhill & Happy New Year's!

For a variety of reasons I haven't killed a deer in over a decade, but God dropped a New Year's present in my lap this year!

03-Jan-19
Wow great buck Carl! Wonder if our Sitka camo was the difference maker? ;)

03-Jan-19
smarba thats a really nice buck congrats to you and trophy you guys have my blood pressure elevated im leaving in the morning and dont own any sitka camo so kind of a test your sitka theory trophy

03-Jan-19
All Sitka all the time...

03-Jan-19
Lol Priley. I can't say with certainty, however, since I started wearing it, the animals seem to stay put a lot longer for some reason. Sometimes 5 extra seconds is all a guy needs to range, clip, draw and release. Not to mention this stuff is just plain comfortable :)

05-Jan-19
I thought you had to be wearing Hex camo to get more time and walk up on them ? Sitka will do that too ? WOW .... Gonna have to sell my Carhartt and Real Tree .

06-Jan-19
Lol

06-Jan-19
Let's go JP and Jesse! We want to see a couple Couse :)

07-Jan-19
Drought must be affecting this hunt, not many kills...

07-Jan-19
Go get em priley!

10-Jan-19
tag soup for me (worst bow hunter in the field)

blew a couple good opportunity's

10-Jan-19
C'mon priley. You're being to hard on yourself brotha. Success is fleeting on this hunt and you know that......

10-Jan-19
Congrats all!!! No deer tag for me on Jan, Carl I see u did well !

11-Jan-19
Congrats Trophy and Smarba, awesome bucks! I read Trophy's story and I look forward to reading Carl's story as well.

I had my opportunity for a really nice coues but just missed the killing zone and spent a couple days and miles of tracking until he was gone, this sad ending will haunt me for a while, I am very sure a chance at a big coues deer doesn't come often for archery hunters. I have no doubt he will survive but he will unfortunately be crippled, the shot blew his elbow up and went through low brisket, I had the doe at 30 yds and the buck came in beyond her and it looked like 10yds but instead of ranging him I just put my 40 on him and I was wrong.....I ranged 46 yds the next day, he was just so much bigger than the doe that he looked closer to her than he was. I told a couple different hunters where he went in hopes of him being taken so hopefully someone gets him, if they don't hunt him then they are missing out on a heck of a coues. I personally have a hard time wounding an animal especially when all I had to do was range him and it would have been an easy kill. I get the fact that it eventually happens to most hunters and it has happened once on an elk but that still has no effect of how it makes me feel, I didn't see the elk after it happened but I did see the coues deer twice before he got away and he was hurting for sure.

It was however a hunt to remember, full of super beautiful country, very extreme weather, unforgettable highs, bottom of the barrel lows and I shared most of the experience with a good friend.

11-Jan-19
Dang heartbreaker JP. So sorry to hear.

14-Jan-19

Joe Wiz's embedded Photo
Beautiful
Joe Wiz's embedded Photo
Beautiful
Joe Wiz's embedded Photo
Excited
Joe Wiz's embedded Photo
Excited
Joe Wiz's embedded Photo
All loaded
Joe Wiz's embedded Photo
All loaded
Finally after 7 days, had a lot of missed opportunities, handful of missed shots. I was busy taking pics of the beautiful sunset and looked behind me to see this guy and his gal enjoying the same sunset. Enjoyed 8 days of hunting with my wife, it was her first hunt as a bow hunter. She’s hooked. She was even hoping today would be a snow day. Hope everyone enjoyed their hunts last year. Already looking forward to this season.

14-Jan-19
Sorry for sideways pics, got first one turned, no edit for next 2.

18-Jan-19
Alright Joe! And you got your wife hooked. You da man! Nice buck!

21-Jan-19

Muddyboots's embedded Photo
Muddyboots's embedded Photo
Was fortunate to find a herd of javelina. Was freezing cold so I wasn't smiling like I should have been.

22-Jan-19
Suweeeeee tttt Muddyboots

22-Jan-19
nice job muddy

22-Jan-19
Way to get it done Trad style Muddyboots

31-Jan-19

arctichill's Link
What a time!

31-Jan-19
Great video Jesse & JP!

01-Feb-19
Indeed Carl. So many times success is measured by the time afield and the times we have out there and with one another.

05-Feb-19
Thanks gents! I sure wish I could have stayed out longer. Congrats to both of you on your hunts and the beautiful animals you returned with.

• Sitka Gear