jdrdeerslayer 17-Feb-19
Wapiti or Bust 17-Feb-19
jdrdeerslayer 22-Feb-19
Will 22-Feb-19
Moons22 22-Feb-19
Moons22 22-Feb-19
jdrdeerslayer 22-Feb-19
04-Jan-19
Let’s go boys it’s predator huntin time. Whackem and stackem. I’ll be out tomorrow lookin for cats dogs and Fox. Got me the shockwave and a blackjack decoy. 22/250 with handloads. Lookin to collect me sum fur.

04-Jan-19
Gonna probably get some stuff done around the house tomorrow and start hunting next Saturday not sure yet? Got the .22 Hornet ready to go. Hopefully more excitement then deer season.

04-Jan-19
I may try tomorrow afternoon

04-Jan-19
I broke a toe today.... I'm laid up for a few weeks. After that I got dogs behind my house killing all the fawns. Time to kill some. Let's Go

04-Jan-19
I got blood to earlier in the week....a coyote caught me off guard and stepped I to bait sight at 930 am other day, shooting off hand ...in my underwear, in cold slushy with no shoes on.....long story. But ya it's on. Killem all guys

04-Jan-19
J - I'm not sure if that's hilarious or terrifying :)

04-Jan-19
We understand jdr. It was a long lonely night lol. We’ve all been there.

05-Jan-19
Haha.....ya I'm pretty sure if anyone say that debacle they would of been rolling on the ground laughing! ......carry on

05-Jan-19
The coyote took one look at you and died of a heart attack huh lol

27-Jan-19

jdrdeerslayer's embedded Photo
After a slow start got these Friday/yesterday

27-Jan-19

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
Nice jd! My buddies bait pile has been on fire this year. The other half is at the taxidermist

27-Jan-19
Nice!!! Mine has been slower than usual. But I have taken alot past 2 years

27-Jan-19
Nice work. Saw nothing this Saturday but a lot of bobcat tracks in the snow.

27-Jan-19
Those are all Leominster state forest dogs for anyone that hunts there! He’s taken out 150+ in the last ten years

27-Jan-19
Nice! I wish more people would actively target them. The more you kill now the less there is around during deep snows or fawning season

27-Jan-19
If I had the place to do it I’d be all over it. I try calling some of my suburban spots here in z10 but have had bad experiences with people calling the cops lol. Completely legal but not worth the headache. He’s got a few lined up for me this upcoming weekend. I really want a fully body coyote mount

27-Jan-19
What are you guys useing for bait

28-Jan-19
Moons try going to the local police station before hand and explain what you will be doing. I’ve done that in some of the towns I hunt and they are appreciative of the heads up. When someone sees a “physco” heading into the woods in the dark and call the cops on you. They run your plate an say oh yeah that’s just moons helping our town with our coyote problem. Has worked well for me.

28-Jan-19
Moons that's awesome. Is he getting them at night or during the day? I usually only see them just after the sun rises or about 2 hours after dark. When I've gone hunting for them specifically I've used a shotgun with BB or #4.

I know you can kill them with 22 LR no problem within 100 yds. I'm just on the look out for a decent thermal or light enhancing scope that won't break the bank.

BTW, Hopkinton gives no Fs if you're hunting coyote.

28-Jan-19
Snowshoe he’s got all the deer scraps from this past year and the duck and good carcasses. Slayer that’s a great idea.sosso at first he got most of them during the day but they started getting smart so now he gets them at night

28-Jan-19
I find women who own cats and dogs hate coyotes so it is a great way to get in on some land and then after a year ask to deer hunt.

29-Jan-19
Night+ bait+ alarms= dead yotes At night if under 50 yds Tshot, if over 50 .22lr but you will have runners

02-Feb-19

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
Put some sea ducks out back to see what kind of predators were lurking. Can’t believe my cat made it 17 years!! Haha very urban part of z 10

02-Feb-19

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo

02-Feb-19

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo

02-Feb-19

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
Beautiful gray fox this morning

02-Feb-19

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
Love grey fox kinda don’t even want to shoot one. Went out today and nothing came in pretty windy and swirling. One of my spots has a good amount of predators. All these tracks going into the field are yote.

03-Feb-19
by any chance are any of you guys using a rabbit mouth call? my electronic call died but I have that furry tail distractor that whips around,,, I went out behind the house with the mouth call and nothing so far ...

03-Feb-19
Tajue I’ve had more success with my mouth call but I’m going to have to use the caller for some different sounds. I find the caller sometimes does not work when too cold out.

03-Feb-19
I went out yesterday Sat 2/2. It was -5. All the predators were moving. Im using a foxpro shockwave electronic caller. I called up 2 owls. 2 hawks and 2 coyotes. Got setup in the dark. called for 1.5 hrs. I was freezing and ready to move on to the next setup. I get up and went to retrieve the caller about 50 yds. away. I had been setup inside a big field edge about 30 yds. in. The woods were quite thick around the field edge. As I walked back from getting the caller I spotted a coyote halfway down the field just as he went into the woods. I hung the caller in a tree close to me and started calling again. I spotted another coyote halfway across the field following the other. He turned at hearing the caller and started circling to get downwind. I bark stopped him with my mouth but of course he stopped behind a tree. He started running again and I bark stopped him again at 150yds. Like I said the brush was super thick around the field edge but he gave me a 2" hole to shoot through. BANG the 22/250 spoke and the dog ran outa there so fast his feet weren't even touching the ground. Missed Sonofab.

04-Feb-19
In the past I've called in yotes with the mouth caller Taj. We used to do it at night for fun. Country kids are weird. No weapon, just go hike into a field or the woods with a call and see what happens. One time sitting on a stone wall at about midnight, trying to impress a cute girl while a bunch of us were at a environmental retreat (are you guys really surprised?) In the moonlight we had one come to maybe 10 steps before getting down wind and exiting via vapor trail. We'd go out in winter on xc skis or summer/fall/spring hiking. Once (pre quabbin lockdown for most fun) we called in several on top of SoapStone Hill at the edge of quabbin about 10PM one summer night.

That said, in the few times I've hunted them, it's not worked... So you may need to be a dork teen hiking weaponless around the woods at midnight to make the mouth call be magical :)

12-Feb-19

Well had a good am last saturday..... 3! That's right 3 cats came In to me, I got 2 of them! That's 3 now since December unreal. Prior to this year I've only taken 2....definatly a population upswing I'd say. Big male and a female......I'm guessing that possibly/maybe female was I heat explaining 3 together

12-Feb-19
Good deal! All 3 at same time? I agree as I’ve been seeing their tracks everywhere including my backyard. Only thing I’ve called in so far this year was a bobcat.

12-Feb-19
Ya...all same time....definitely alot more around

12-Feb-19
This time of year u should change ur name to a different type of slayer

12-Feb-19
Unreal jd nice job! You mounting any of the cats? Rugs?

12-Feb-19
I've already got 1 full body mount and 1 rug , so these I'm just gonna case skin and do a trappers tan .

13-Feb-19
Nice Cat's JDR Slayer! So you use the Trappers Hide Tanning product? How do you like it? I have a couple of Yote hides I want to do. I tanned a few hides with Alum powder and they seem to be holding the hair well. Figured I might try the Trappers product if it works well. I made some hats and mittens with hides, but a Cat Hat would be the Cat's Ass!

13-Feb-19
Wow J - that's like turkey hunting! Amazing set for you!

13-Feb-19
Deerdawg when I said trappers tan I meant the style...I usually send them out

13-Feb-19
Yea thanks, I know the stlye They make a solution called trapper tan too! You from the Athol area?

15-Feb-19

Yes , I own a business in athol, live in petersham. Also got this guy this am at 1st light....1st one I've had at my bait since I got the 2. I did also pass on a fox few nights ago as well...

15-Feb-19
Nice job Slayer !

15-Feb-19
Love when they look like that

15-Feb-19

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
My buddy is up to 22 on the winter! Crazy how many dogs are out there. Even crazier every time I go up to kill one they never show!!! All I want is a full body coyote mount

15-Feb-19
Thanks for the tips on the mouth call but going back out tomorrow with the mouth call early before the bears den fly fishing show in Taunton if anyone is going to that here and then afterwards might head to the pheasant areas in Myles Standish afterwards to see what happens there.

15-Feb-19
What do people use for bait?

15-Feb-19
Deer scraps

17-Feb-19
Yes....except the 1st one. That was during deer muzzloader. I missed another cat yesterday am. I have seen more cats than coyotes this year....more than I've ever seen.

17-Feb-19
I put a trail cam out back a couple years ago and this year I saw my first coyote - 2 in a frame and first fisher. Seems more predators this year?

22-Feb-19

Scored this u unique blond female this am...picking away at them Slowly....

22-Feb-19
She's pretty J! Moons that's unreal! Amazing how you guys are picking away at them. Another month or so left correct?

J, have you noticed fewer tracks in the snow in the area?

22-Feb-19
Nice work J. On the bait? Will I believe the season ends March 8

22-Feb-19
Which is so stupid and they are pushing for a similar season in NH

22-Feb-19
Will yes considerably less yotes around this year. But I did hit them pretty hard last year. Good thing tho

• Sitka Gear