mrw's embedded Photo
Here it is this morning...
mrw's embedded Photo
Here it is this morning...
mrw's embedded Photo
. . . and tonight. Clean bones!
mrw's embedded Photo
. . . and tonight. Clean bones!
New year, new foodie thread. I felt sad after reading the tag soup thread so I threw a few shanks in the slow cooker with some venison bone stock and veggies. Turned it on at 6 this morning, at 6 tonight it's falling off the bone. Made some mashed and brocolli with it. Might be just a wee bit better than tags!

04-Jan-19
MRW, great food right there !

04-Jan-19

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Haha, Cape Cod weekend away. Axis deer chops and wild game Jambalaya. Buddy went to Hawaii for Christmas and went on a hunt.

05-Jan-19
I got ribs slow cooking in liquid right now will grill them later

05-Jan-19
Noob, pics or it didn't happen!

05-Jan-19
xi how were the axis chops ? I've never had it before but I've heard axis is by far the best venison.

05-Jan-19
Looking good guys......I've been wanting to do braised shanks for a while now, been practicing with lamb shanks, gonna do deer shanks soon on a cold day

05-Jan-19

DeerDan 's embedded Photo
Backstrap pastrami!

05-Jan-19

French meat pie

05-Jan-19
Wow! Looks awesome

05-Jan-19
I really need to learn how to cook .I was always happy with fried or grilled venison u guys r making me rethink that.That pastrami come on that looks incredible !

05-Jan-19

Arrownoob's embedded Photo
How many racks of ribs get thrown in the garbage?
How many racks of ribs get thrown in the garbage?
Rinella’s ribs- thanks to the man who inspired me to start this whole bloodbath!

05-Jan-19
I want my bambiback bambiback bambiback

05-Jan-19
Again wow

05-Jan-19
Bowhunt, without a doubt extremely flavorful. Definitely different than whitetail. But definitely incredibly delicious.

05-Jan-19
Axis deer are on my radar. Elk. Moose. Bear might be far off. I’m pacing myself- started late in life but have many good years left to plan. I think elk is priority 1 right now but I’m not ready yet.

05-Jan-19
I’m sorry to ask but can someone link to the pastrami recipe?

05-Jan-19

bowandspear's embedded Photo
Yeah DeerDan! I have 8 venison pastramis in curing now!!! MRW thanks for getting this going. Wow axis deer chops... Oh My!

05-Jan-19

bowandspear's Link
Here you go arrowwood! I do add Caraway seeds to the rub and sometimes substitute mixed whole black/red/green peppercorns (I grind in spice grinder) fir the plain black pepper, which I am doing with thus 8 pastramis. Post pic in 7 days when they come out of smoker.

12-Jan-19

Dan6310's embedded Photo
Dan6310's embedded Photo
Dan6310's embedded Photo
Dan6310's embedded Photo
Venison crostini’s for a brew club party last night. I brined the venison top round roast overnight, sous vide cook the roast 13 hrs at 140f, chill and slice. Horseradish mayo, gorgonzola cheese and caramelized onions.

12-Jan-19
Dan, that's good living right there !

12-Jan-19

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
Pass all the small bucks and does they said

12-Jan-19

brooktrout59's embedded Photo
Back by popular demand Jim Zumbo's venison stew on this cold night. Chili peppers and Hot Portuguese Chourico give it nose dripping heat. God bless deer.

12-Jan-19

Back by popular demand Jim Zumbo's venison stew on this cold night. Chili peppers and Hot Portuguese Chourico give it nose dripping heat. God bless deer.

14-Jan-19

We got a cold snap coming in time to insulate the smoker!

14-Jan-19
Haha, yep to the above post. Just think there's people out there who think its wrong in what we do !

16-Jan-19

Skippah's embedded Photo
Skippah's embedded Photo
Black Sea bass, blistered green beans and taters!

17-Jan-19

I’m cooking my pastrami today. With the weather so cold I said might as well fill up the smoker! Venison pastrami, beef brisket pastrami, whole picnic shoulder (ham), beef rib roast.

17-Jan-19
Nice looking Arrow,.. damn I am work now hungry!

19-Jan-19
I had a dinner at a friends house w 3 other couples and all their kids. I brought pastrami. I got so many compliments and when I told the story of how I got the deer myself the small crowd was silent. These are some well off folks that have known me for 4-5 years. They all loved the pastrami and their kids did too. They said they never had venison and they were all impressed with the taste and texture. I had a few comments that they were very impressed with the successful hunt and the great meat! This was a great night thanks for sharing this successful recipe.

19-Jan-19
Arrow, looks great. Here's a quick tip for the Grilla. Take your drip pan out and clean it spotless, then cover it tight with Aluminum foil. I buy the cheap wide heavy duty one at Walmart and it covers it with one sheet. Makes it real easy to clean. You liking it so far ?

21-Jan-19

Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Bay scallops too
Bay scallops too
Going to be eating stuffies real soon !!! Damn cold digging these suckers today !!!!

21-Jan-19
Dfa you got those in mass? Our refs are so complicated compared with ri. Ri fish and game does a great free learn how to dig clan class I did it last year.

21-Jan-19
Xi I wish I read that before I caked on all that stuff. I’m going to use the grill all winter and clean it in the spring. I saw that tip on the website and had a smh moment. It’s pretty grimy now but I have a great steam cleaner I can use when the sun comes out. I’ll use a plastic spackle knife too

22-Jan-19
Yeah in mass. Here’s a tip. There are certain beaches on the south side that after storms in the winter the beaches are loaded with scallops. After big storms I have seen people with 5 gallon buckets picking a beach clean. Don’t know if it’s kegal or not but it is well known to some locals about this rare occurance

23-Jan-19

Well worth the cold toes and numb fingers !!!

23-Jan-19
Looks awesome!

26-Jan-19

26-Jan-19
I love it!!! Hahahaha

27-Jan-19

Wild Ramen - I did the venison "Char Siu" like Chinese BBQ pork with chicken mushrooms, hen if the woods and some wild onions my youngest and I foraged yesterday. Stock is chicken broth, hoison sauce, soy sauce, garlic and red curry paste .

27-Jan-19
Looks really good B and S!

27-Jan-19
Awesome Noob. I served some pastrami last night too to bug yrouo with many that said "they don't like venison". All loved it and wanted some. I pointed out the path to hunting license, buy gear, butcher your own, etc...

DFA I'm in the Shellfish Republic and been too lazy /busy to go digging. Those stuffies look great! I need some in my life lol.

04-Feb-19

Along side the fire tonight doing some oysters on the half shell and some smoked too !!!

04-Feb-19

Getting ready for the smoker !!!

04-Feb-19
Those look awesome.

05-Feb-19
Wow Smoke Oysters! They do look delicious! You have been a busy man Dthf. ! Enjoy !

06-Feb-19

Pasta bolognese with venison

06-Feb-19
He's on a roll!! Lol, looks good man

07-Feb-19
B&S you are in my area. Next time I get some quahogs and make some I will save a couple for you. Making a smoked bluefish pate’ tomorrow. Found some smoked filets in the fridge !!!!

07-Feb-19
B&S you are in my area. Next time I get some quahogs and make some I will save a couple for you. Making a smoked bluefish pate’ tomorrow. Found some smoked filets in the fridge !!!!

08-Feb-19
Skippah be careful, There is snake in that one too. Funniest story Dfa.

I have nothing to add, I was just hungry and wanted this back on top.

09-Feb-19

Hahahha Pi. Oh the memories of the great snake escape !!!!

Made some pastrami’s instead of the bluefish pate ‘. Smoked bluefish gets a little more fishy after you freeze it

10-Feb-19

After a few to many cocktails I wanted homemade pizza. So I took some burnt ends and threw them on some dough and wanted to cook it over the fire. Here is my version of a redneck pizza oven !!!

10-Feb-19

So it worked out well. Hahahahha.

19-Feb-19

peterk1234's embedded Photo
Striped bass in butter, red wine, and paprika, mixed with stewed vegies I pressure canned in August. Pete

28-Feb-19

Skippah's embedded Photo
Skippah's embedded Photo
Buzzards Bay fluke and eye of round from my 6 pointer

16-Mar-19

Huntskifishcook's embedded Photo
Hadn't checked this one out in a while. Looking good boys! Dth, your redneck pizza oven is awesome!

After boiling down some maple syrup today I threw some apple cider braised bear spare ribs on the fire. Smeared them with ginger maple BBQ sauce. Spaghetti squash fritters to go alongside the ribs.

17-Mar-19
That looks unbelievable

17-Mar-19
Damn!!!!! Fatkid is hungry now. Looks incredible

17-Mar-19
Man that looks deeelicious! The bark on the bear ribs is perfect.

17-Mar-19
HFC I'm speechless, except I want to try that. You may have just turned me on to bear hunting.

17-Mar-19
B&S, it's well worth it. If you're after a critter that will fill your freezer with steaks to cook medium rare, bear ain't the best option. But you'd be hard pressed to find a better meat for slow cooking, BBQ, soups, stir fries, sausage, etc.

18-Mar-19

Skippah's embedded Photo
Skippah's embedded Photo
Couple steaks on the cast iron

22-Mar-19

Smoked oysters again. I know pretty redundant but they seem to go over well

23-Mar-19
I've somehow never had a smoked oyster. You pulling all those from the ocean near you?

23-Mar-19
Yes about a mile down the street behind where my wife works. Private property so I get the pick of the beach for them !!!!

23-Mar-19
Nice! I've only ever gathered shellfish out of state. The town I live in doesn't allow shellfishing, not sure why.

23-Mar-19
HSFC... those bear ribs look/ sound amazing! Agree with you about the quality of bear meat... hands down my favorite (only if handled/ prepared right from field to table). Awesome just cubed with some butter, sauteed sliced onions, garlic and mushroom in the cast iron pan. You got me thinking I need to plan another bear hunt!

23-Mar-19

Outdoorsman, fall bear seasons are less than 6 months away!!

I've been on a wicked asian kick lately. Steamed perch and pickerel with spicy/salty/sweet chili lime sauce, served with warm rice noodle salad.

24-Mar-19
HSFC is catering the get together !!! You heard it here first. We just have to get him to agree to it now

24-Mar-19
Haha, if Pete keeps blowing this thing up every year we might really need a caterer. But then I wouldn't get to try all the good stuff you guys are bringing!

03-Jun-19

Okay, so not a game dish. Well, not even a dish. I am trying my hand at vodka infusions. It started with making vanilla extract. Then I had some oranges laying around and I decided to try an infusion with them instead of letting them go bad. Let me just say, it was pretty good. So now we have some pineapple in the works, lemon vodka, pineapple/orange and a couple of strawberry/vanilla batches. One of the lemon batches will be converted to Limoncello.

03-Jun-19
Every time this thread comes up I have to go eat something! You guys cook some incredible dishes!

03-Jun-19
HFC, how does the pickerel taste and how are you filleting them? Same as the perch?

03-Jun-19

Fried turkey and waffles with maple gravy. Hard to go wrong with carbs on carbs, fat, maple syrup and turkey.

Pete, fillet it just like you would a perch, but you've got to make a v-cut down the length of each fillet to remove the y-bones after you remove each side from the fish. If you run your fingers against the grain on a fillet you'll feel those bones just poking through the surface of the meat. Make a cut along either side of those bones to remove them. You'll lose some meat, but it's better than choking on bones. After you do a few of them it becomes real easy.

06-Jun-19

Venison asian stir fry. Made with pressure canned venison. I cannot begin to even explain how incredibly tender the stew meat gets from pressure canning. This batch has been sitting in the basement since November. Next year, all stew meat will be canned.

11-Jun-19

Okay, time for a breakfast pic. I call this the Prepper's Breakfast. Canned potatoes for hash, pickled eggs, homemade bacon and wild mushrooms that were picked last fall.

All I need now is a banjo, and some lessons.

11-Jun-19
Pete does it affect the taste or consistency and texture at all if you pressure can it ???

11-Jun-19
Pete, are you using an actual pressure canner? Or just putting cans in a pressure cooker? I've been wanting to pressure can some meat for a while now.

11-Jun-19
DTH, meat gets tenderized. Veggies come out really good. Meatballs, chili and soup taste like just made. It's great because you get home and have instant home cooked meals.

HFC, I am using a pressure canner with a dial gauge. Meats are canned at eleven pounds of pressure for 90 minutes (quart jars). I think a pressure cooker builds the pressure to fifteen pounds, which would also be fine.

So far I have canned the following:

Peaches, pairs and plums. Apple sauce. Corn, tomatoes, carrots, potatoes and mixed veggies. Ribs, chicken, venison and pork. Chicken soup, beef stew, chili, meatballs and pulled pork.

Oh, I need to show you guys a pic of my infused vodka too :) Stuff is awesome!

11-Jun-19
Alright Pete. I tell you what. Next time you come down to the ditch stop by. Give me some tips and give me a quick walkthrough I will give you a nice setup To use for jigging or topwater for the weekend. I also have a ton of stuff I won’t use much that I would love to pass on to you for there. Sebiles and lots of jigs !!!!

Let me know when you are coming down

11-Jun-19
Alright Pete. I tell you what. Next time you come down to the ditch stop by. Give me some tips and give me a quick walkthrough I will give you a nice setup To use for jigging or topwater for the weekend. I also have a ton of stuff I won’t use much that I would love to pass on to you for there. Sebiles and lots of jigs !!!!

Let me know when you are coming down

12-Jun-19
That sounds like a great plan!

25-Jun-19

Skippah's embedded Photo
Skippah's embedded Photo
Black Sea bass, backstrap, and store bought quohogs

20-Jul-19

I'm cleaning my freezer of the few remaining packages of bear meat from last year. This is a shank I put on cure yesterday to be made into confit. It'll take a nice long warm swim in bear fat overnight tomorrow.

20-Jul-19
HFC, do you use a curing chamber? If so, I need tips on how to make one. Pete

20-Jul-19
Pete, no curing chamber needed for this application. It's just a two day cure in the fridge, so not really a true cure when compared to something like a salami. And sorry, can't give you any tips on how to make one.

24-Jul-19

Les's embedded Photo
Les's embedded Photo
Venison ribey and wild turkey wrapped in bacon. Freezer’s getting low. Looking forward to the fall!

25-Jul-19
Looking good Les, I bet there were no left overs

26-Jul-19

Fresh crappie fillets, vegies from the garden and homemade Limoncello (made with honey instead of a simple syrup).

26-Jul-19

hickstick's embedded Photo
hickstick's embedded Photo
I posted this in the other thread so i figured id pull it over here.

Simple backstrap roast, soaked in brine overnight, lightly dried then sprinkled with refresh pepper and pan seared in cast iron, then grilled. This is tad bit overdone it shot from 140 to 170 in the blink of an eye (planned to take it off at 155 to rest). My wife will only eat it med-well to well done...so she gets the ends and i get the good stuff in the middle.

The cucs are a cuc salad my wife makes (cucs, fresh dill, white vinegar....soaked in fridge a day or two. The romaine is a whole head, chopped in half spritzed with olive oil and hit with Montreal Steak seasoning...then grilled.

26-Jul-19

Looking good, Les. We are working on the last few items in our freezer also.

Pete, crappie are one of my favorite fresh water fish.

This is the culmination of the bear confit I started last week. Bear confit ravioli, veggies and herbs from the garden in a chicken of the woods cream sauce.

26-Jul-19
Hahahaha, that sounds awesome, but it's funny because how much is that really worth for someone to get in their possession to eat all at once, either a rich glutton or a really good Hunter and cook. Looks good hfsk

26-Jul-19
Lol, Skippah. I'd probably qualify as a glutton, but certainly not a really good hunter or rich, unfortunately. The veggies are easy they don't have legs and grow in my backyard. The chicken I just happened to find while skouting, more of an opportunist I suppose.

28-Jul-19
Dudes!

07-Sep-19

Just made a venison stew with some wild mushrooms and personally picked cranberries. Berries were hard because it quite isn’t season yet but I found some that were ripe enough

08-Sep-19

24 lbs of venison Bratwurst fresh out of the smoker. Destined for couple trips up North for grouse camp in Pittsburg NH. Made them last night in the Taj Mahunt, my hunting buddy's new 12x14 canvas tent setup we setup this week for a test run with the wood stove before first trip Columbus Day Weekend. I see many great hunting memories coming out of this camp.

08-Sep-19

The Taj Mahunt
The Taj Mahunt

08-Sep-19

Floor and heat pad under the stove were installed right after this pic
Floor and heat pad under the stove were installed right after this pic

21-Sep-19

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Wild Shitake mushrooms with Bacon and swiss on Venison burgers completed by mayo and a Wheat role. Hope all is everyone is well, been a long year !

22-Sep-19
XI wow yes

23-Sep-19
Xi were u been man? Mushrooms look delicious. What do they look like before cooked?

23-Sep-19

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Here you go Sir !

23-Sep-19
Nice, xi!

24-Sep-19
Man Those look delicious, this is the year I am going to start to learn to pick mushrooms! I bumped into a old friend on a back road in Petersham, he was pickin and after talkin he invited me to a hunt. I got to connect with soon! What type of woods to you typically find these in? Enjoy your harvest!

27-Sep-19

Come november's embedded Photo
Venison stroganoff. Not to glamorous of a photo, but tasty. Freezer is now officially empty. Bring it on!

28-Sep-19

Chicken of the woods and venison sausage puttenesca

09-Oct-19
B&S, dude I just saw your pic above. That is over the top! Awesome!

So I did a first last night. I slow cooked the whole neck. I usually debone it. Wow. The amount of meat I got off of it because it all just fell off the bone. And it is super tender. Whole necks from now on. Pete

09-Oct-19
Peter The necks are our meat pie meat! I will usually debone and shrink wrap give to pops who will pressure cook to dissolve connective tissue, which will peel off real easy once cooled, then grind up for the pie filling which also has pork, beef ,onions and spice. The neck is a special part of the deer for us because of this! I debone because it helps pops out. The Making of venison meat pies has been a family tradition for many years, everyone is evolved in one way or another, team effort, usually make in batches of 20 or so, for everyone wants a few to take home. Our holidays are usually enjoyed more with a few pies to enjoy! B&S you are a grand master chef! That looks delicious, I have to get into the mushrooms! LOL

12-Oct-19

12-Oct-19

Grilled Deer heart with onion and Peppers and Backstrap with inside loins . Fresh meat nothing better.

12-Oct-19

13-Oct-19
Brookie, you're a true inspiration to all. Looks killer and love the bloody footwear !

13-Oct-19

Les's embedded Photo
Les's embedded Photo
My last chuck roast. 36 hours in the sous vide and finished on the grill.

13-Oct-19

Homesteader dinner tonight. Ground venison chili, sauteed oyster mushrooms and hen of the woods "steaks" marinated in teriyaki sauce then grilled. Mushrooms were picked today.

15-Oct-19

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Old school bacon bites, charcoal of course !

15-Oct-19

Peter wholly #$&@! That looks amazing. Great idea with the hens. Brookie you are inspiring! Les and XI, man you all bring it.

Just returned from grouse camp /hunting in Pittsburg NH on the Canada line. Venison Bratwurst cooked In Octoberfest, marinated vitamin V kabobs were just two if the meals.

15-Oct-19

Peter wholly #$&@! That looks amazing. Great idea with the hens. Brookie you are inspiring! Les and XI, man you all bring it.

Just returned from grouse camp /hunting in Pittsburg NH on the Canada line. Venison Bratwurst cooked In Octoberfest, marinated vitamin V kabobs were just two if the meals.

15-Oct-19

27-Oct-19

xi's embedded Photo
God bless America !
xi's embedded Photo
God bless America !
Venison flank steak on the wood stove and "Iron" !

29-Oct-19

Post hunt dinner of champs, venison steak and cheese smothered in leftover gravy from last week's tenderloins.

31-Oct-19

Deerdawg's embedded Photo
Mmm mmm good!
Mmm mmm good!
Not much better than FRESH Doe tenderloin in portabella, onion, wine gravy on top of a slice of venison meat pie.

31-Oct-19

Mmm mmm good!
Mmm mmm good!
Not much better than FRESH Doe tenderloin in portabella, onion, wine gravy on top of a slice of venison meat pie.

31-Oct-19
Dang you guys I flipped through the summer realized you were bringing your A game. Nice creations.

01-Nov-19

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Butter garlic heart on Iron !

01-Nov-19

Another bowl of venison bolinase with shells please! Xi that heart looks delicious! Pastrami’s on deck
Another bowl of venison bolinase with shells please! Xi that heart looks delicious! Pastrami’s on deck

01-Nov-19

01-Nov-19
Thanks Buddy, just wish I could get out to kill my own !

01-Nov-19
Wholly smokes... I'd not clicked on this in a while... Now, all I want to do, is cook something and eat it. WOW you guys all know how to create some amazing chow!

01-Nov-19
Yea it’s tough when the boys start to hangem up before u! It’s been real slow , not sure your missed much! Your numbers coming up! I thought I could cook but some of you guys are master chefs , I got to go back to school and step up my A game! Next deer making that stuffed blackstrap looks delicious.

03-Nov-19

Wapiti or Bust 's embedded Photo
Some backstrap

09-Nov-19

Skippah's embedded Photo
Skippah's embedded Photo
Braised in coffee at 250 for 6 hours then smoked for and hour or two with a rub at beginning and BBQ sauce at the end

13-Nov-19

Skippah's embedded Photo
Skippah's embedded Photo
Backstrap trim steak and cheese subs for the boys for movie night, then ice cream sandwiches. They eat good hahaha

13-Nov-19
Dudes, we need a Deer Camp... You're all invited and everyone takes a night cooking :) I want that Sous vide roast and Peters marinated hen of the woods steaks.

14-Nov-19
Holy Deja vu, wood pellets, Nerf guns and venison. Great times right there !

14-Nov-19

I heart heart tacos.

14-Nov-19
Good way to live!!

20-Nov-19

Gonna slow cook these ribs in liquid and grill em up tonight.

20-Nov-19

Dan6310's embedded Photo
Dan6310's embedded Photo
Venison stuffed peppers

21-Nov-19

xi's embedded Photo
Slow cooked Neck roast !
xi's embedded Photo
Slow cooked Neck roast !

24-Nov-19

24-Nov-19

Good day for a hot bowl of venison ramen.

24-Nov-19
Joe send out the recipe please and TY

24-Nov-19
All looks good boys!

24-Nov-19

Skippah's embedded Photo
Skippah's embedded Photo
Florida feral hog rolled roast, came out ok, little tough

24-Nov-19
8's, no problem. I'll post it up sometime after the game.

Skippah, I keep saying I'm going to try shooting one of those critters, because my parents have a place in Florida, but I always end up fishing the whole time I'm there.

24-Nov-19
Haha Gentlemen, gotta love it. How simple it is to just try and enjoy life. Oh yea, and cook, awesome eats !

25-Nov-19
Hsfc, I would definitely do it again, but I think Gator might be next on the list

25-Nov-19
It was a busy week end , made a big pot of venison stew, then 130 venison /pork meatballs with portabella gravy for the festivities, boiled a few deer heads for euro mounts, cleaned & soaked a few hides for tanning. Cant wait to go home and tear into that soup! Sorry, was to was too busy to take pic's.

25-Nov-19
8's here is the ramen recipe.

This particular style of ramen is called shoyu ramen, because it is made with soy sauce as its main seasoning.

Broth: The base of the broth was venison stock, but is traditionally made with pork stock. Fill up a pot with a bunch of venison or pork bones add, celery, carrots, onions and let it simmer for 10-12 hours. I usually just put mine on and let it simmer overnight. You'll get the best consistency to your broth if you use bones with a high collagen content, so something like ball and socket joints. I made my ramen with a batch of stock that contained the pelvis. After it had chilled you could almost bounce it, there was so much gelatin. After it has simmered 10-12 hours skim the fat from the top and chill for later use, or move right into the next steps. You could also use store bought stock, but you will never achieve the same richness. If you do go the store bought route, make sure it is unsalted or your finished product will taste like the Atlantic.

After stock is complete and strained: slice 2 onions in half, large chunk of ginger in half lengthwise and do the same with a few cloves of garlic. Sear the onions on the cut side until they are on the verge of being burned, then throw in a stockpot. Sear the ginger and garlic, but just until you get a nice dark golden brown, add them to the stock pot as well. Also, sear the cut of venison you'd like to put in your soup. I'd recommend the neck, shank, or a real tough piece from the front shoulder, anything that will break down pot roast style after braised. Pour your venison stock over the seared veggies and meat, cover, and simmer for a few hours or until your meat becomes tender

Noodles: I made my noodles, but you could substitue store bought, ramen noodles (not the type with the seasoning packet), lomein or even thai rice noodles would be fine. Describing the entire noodle making process would be super lengthy and probably not all that helpful. A youtube video will probably work best if you want to make your own, but I'll list the recipe I like below. 3 cups all purpose flour 2 stirred eggs 1/2 cup warm water 1 teaspoon kosher salt 1 teaspoon baking soda

Tare: This is the concentrated soy based seasoning that brings the bowl of soup to life. 1 cup soy sauce 1 cup mirin 1/2 cup sake 1/2 cup brown sugar 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar 6 cloves garlic healthy chunk of ginger sliced lengthwise 2 tablespoons peppercorns

Combine all ingredients in a small pot and simmer slowly until the total volume has reduced by half. This product is then added to season each bowl of soup or you can add it to the whole pot when ready, but seasoning each bowl is traditional, whichever you prefer. Just make sure to add a little at a time and taste it after each addition to make sure it doesn't become over seasoned, it is a very concentrated mixture. Shoyu ramen usually has a few garnishes, scallions, beansprouts and so much garlic you taste it the next morning are common. I had baby bok choy and a medium bowled egg in mine.

25-Nov-19
Not sure why the ingredients didn't like a vertical list.

25-Nov-19
Joe That’s awesome thanks for taking the time to share. I really enjoy cooking and will have to make sure I post up some stuff.

Cheers

25-Nov-19
Jesus HSFC. You da man!!! I thought about saving the bones for a stock this year but got lazy and gave them back to the forest. Every time I see one of your posts I feel guilty about not saving things and doing something incredible with them. I am going hunting the rest of this week so I can shoot a deer and try this recipe. Lol. It looks incredible

Keep Posting stuff like this please !!!

25-Nov-19
Looks awesome man, I'm gonna set aside some time to try that recipe for sure

26-Nov-19

My second batch of pastrami’s . Big hit with the crew , pretty easy to make too! Goes great with some rye and homemade sour Krougt a friend gave me. Been eating pastrami once a week now. Wife says she wants to eat a different animal now ! I asked how bout me? No? Ok back to hunting.

29-Nov-19

BruceP's embedded Photo
BruceP's embedded Photo
Finally got around to trying the pastrami. Look a mess in the picture but definitely a big hit.

30-Nov-19
8s that ramen looks bomb! I almost won our local winter culinary contest the Kill n Grill, with a wild ramen I made with a venison char su, wild mushrooms, wild garlic and duck. I cheated and made a pork stock from a pulled pork shoulder. Your stock sounds amazing.

03-Dec-19

Clams casino. It was a beautiful hunt. I came in downwind of the quahog bedding area. Put the death creep on....

03-Dec-19

LMAO Come November, so need to get my but to the shoreline soon!

But I did manage to eat up some pheasant legs and breasts tonight I lightly pan fried then topped with wine and stock reduction with garlic, wild cranberries I foraged after a deerless hunt two weeks ago, mushrooms and had to dig the rosemary out from under the snow in the herb garden.

18-Dec-19

Skippah's embedded Photo
Skippah's embedded Photo
Bottom round steaks with padada's and green beans for me and the boys

23-Dec-19

Skippah's embedded Photo
Skippah's embedded Photo
Cream cheese stuffed backstrap wrapped in bacon with roasted beets and brussels

23-Dec-19

Skippah's embedded Photo
Skippah's embedded Photo

24-Dec-19

UrbanHunter's embedded Photo
UrbanHunter's embedded Photo
No hunting on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day for me.... But I did take advantage of 3:30 AM internal alarm clock.... Ground some venison and made: 3 lbs hamburger, 3 lbs meat sticks; 5 lbs keilbasa, and 5 lbs bratwurst, vacuum sealed and in the freezer before the rest of the family awoke.... Here is a pix of the keilbasa...

24-Dec-19
Now that's a productive morning, urban!

• Sitka Gear