Fnshtr 09-Jan-19
wvbowbender 09-Jan-19
wvbowbender 10-Jan-19
hookman 10-Jan-19
Little Bear 10-Jan-19
hookman 10-Jan-19
fnshtr 10-Jan-19
05-Jan-19
Just as a heads up, the state was still having some confusion about the upcoming hunt as of yesterday. The reg seems to be interpreted a few different was and I am just going to throw my $.02 in an tell all who are planning to participate, you may want to call your district office and talk with someone. Me personally: I filed my buck tag in Wyoming county back in November so I can participate in MH by ONLY taking a doe, which I totally understand. My dad also filed his buck tag here in Wyoming co and also his doe in December. The way we both read the regs, the MH season was kinda like an extra tag and he could go but only shoot a doe as well since the one buck law for Wyoming co applied as well as the 3 buck limit throughout the state (to others).

I told him (and he agreed) that I thought he could take a doe buck not a buck. After he stopped by our district office yesterday, they said that multiple conference calls and discussions had been made that day concerning that very topic. Before he left, they told him that he could if fact take a doe in Wyoming co with a recurve but not a buck since the "one buck" limit in Wyoming co still applied. I told him, "yep, just as I read".

He went on to tell me that before he even got home, they had called him back to let him know that after further review, it had changed. They told him he can NOT participate in the MH season since his two archery tags for Wyoming co had be filled.

I am in NO WAY trying to bust the chops of our state, law enforcement, game managers, etc. I just want to let everyone know that it may not be a bad idea to make a contact before going afield. If two tags have been tagged in the southern counties and one can't participate down here, the way I see it, if you've filled three bow tags anywhere else in the state you cannot go either.

Sorry so long winded but I just don't want someone getting in trouble.....JC

05-Jan-19
Thanks for the “heads up”. I plan to call my district office Monday with a few questions of my own.

09-Jan-19
Gonna be cold in the morning in stand but these 4 days is the last go-round. I’m going to try my luck.

09-Jan-19
Best of luck Don. I’m carrying a ml tomorrow as I’ll be roaming a new lease to learn the property. Friday and Saturday I’ll be in a tree shivering with the recurve.

09-Jan-19
Also a lot of confusion about which year (2018/2019) the deer/bear will go on. I called and they told me that it would go on 2018, but other people said they called and were told it would go on 2019? Anyone know for sure? Bob

10-Jan-19
Don't forget your blaze orange.

10-Jan-19
It goes on 2018.

10-Jan-19
If you happen to be hunting in bow only county you can leave it blaze orange at home.

10-Jan-19
Spent a cold day in stand, no luck.

10-Jan-19
Spent a few hours this evening on stand. Lease trip didn’t pan out. Had 4 does under me when a coyote ran another (small) deer by... spooking then away from me. Rrrrrrrr

• Sitka Gear