Zmax 15-Jan-19
leftee 15-Jan-19
Raider 15-Jan-19
cherney12 15-Jan-19
Thornton 15-Jan-19
One Arrow 15-Jan-19
writer 17-Jan-19
08-Jan-19
I have 300 acres of really good hunting land in Franklin Co. I need to sell! ASAP Mostly hardwood and some CRP.

08-Jan-19
$1 an acre and no more.

08-Jan-19
Heck I'll go 10

09-Jan-19
Hey Ruger, What part of Franklin County? Thanks!

09-Jan-19
Very western part!

09-Jan-19
What's your sale price or send me pm THANKS

09-Jan-19
Don't do it Fran! It's too close to the LGBT zone in Lawrence...that stuff can survive in the soil or glitter for years.

10-Jan-19
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Franklin-County-KS/land_type/2091439265_zpid/2278_rid/500000-_price/1991-_mp/globalrelevanceex_sort/38.797443,-94.913636,38.330884,-95.65178_rect/10_zm/

im guessing this is it? I live in Miami county and always look for land for sale ( not that i will ever be able to afford it). Anyone who has owned land for the last 10-20 years and is now selling, are setting on gold mines! i'm 30 now, but hopefully in another 30 years i can afford more than the 15 acres i own and be in debt forever!

10-Jan-19
If you don't get it now it will never go down in price

11-Jan-19
Win the lotto. That is the only way to pay for land cause no one can pencil in how to pay for it these days unless you have other land paid for that can help pay for your new land. This is according to my farmer bro-in-law who has ground paid for. According to him.

11-Jan-19
Lotsa creative ways to buy/sell land if the buyer/seller will work together.To me,nothing beats buying then hunting,'developing'(habitat,not concrete) and then selling and starting again.Taxes are often the key point for both.Not just 1031s either.

Good luck on the sale!

Sidenote:Every time i skirt KC on I 435 on the way to I 29 I drool about the beautiful deer country and the great hunting and economic opportunities some had-at least in the pre heavy development days.Bet enterprising hunters can still find opportunities there as well.

11-Jan-19
Yes as the seller, I would work with a buyer any way I can to make it work for everyone. Would be great piece for 3 or 4 guys to go in together ! 300 acres you would never see the other hunters

11-Jan-19
Sure agree with that Ruger.3-4 guys,contract for deed perhaps with decent down stroke, say 3-5 yrs of interest only with buyers paying taxes,and it would 'pencil' I suspect for many.It could then 'balloon' to meet your needs and plans.They would likely get significant appreciation over that time while hunting it now.It may be trite,but 'they don't make land anymore'.

11-Jan-19
Let's see, three or four people own the place and it works great. One dies, one gets divorced, one looses his job. How in the H--- does this work!

11-Jan-19
Easy if handled properly in writing pre purchase by the buyers group.Obviously the ownership wouldn't be a jt tenancy.The 'writing' between them controls these situations and,if deemed necessary could even provide for a buyout funded by insurance to cover a death.These deals are done often and usually without issue. The stickier potential problem is when one of the group just wants out.Common but also the easiest to handle.Usually by him/her waiting awhile for a buyout. Would recommend not forming a group of deadbeats or enemies though.

11-Jan-19
Lefte: what a bunch of lawyer promoted paragraphs of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-Jan-19
I’d hunt no more than 2 guys on 300 acres, even if it’s fully wooded

11-Jan-19
:-) Hilarious.I bet you could find 10 good reasons to avoid going out for breakfast.There is a real world out there.You need a little Jocko Willink in the mornings. Good hunting!

11-Jan-19
Have never found a good reason to not have breakfast. What in the hell is jocko willink????

11-Jan-19
Look up "Extreme Ownership" Dave...it's a way/program for the execs of a company to say one thing and then do another completely.

11-Jan-19
"LGBT zone in Lawrence...that stuff can survive in the soil or glitter for years. " Sito, I read this and have laughed all day. Too funny and sadly true in todays world.

12-Jan-19
Partnerships never work out unless it's two guys and an airplane. Heck, I've seen more families torn apart by land partnerships than anything else

12-Jan-19
LMAO.

Rambo good luck on the sale.He/they are out there somewhere for you.If you have a realtor they likely have done this but think of potential income/benefits for any buyer(s).For instance,you mentioned hardwoods.Maybe consider an analysis by a forester as to tree value(walnuts for sure) to have ready,maybe a list of lease prices in the area,etc.

Done a lot of this and have many friends that do it,please feel free to PM if I can help.

12-Jan-19

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo

12-Jan-19
292.31 acres is not 300... smh

12-Jan-19
Is that a city water works lagoon?

13-Jan-19
Yes.

Any pictures of bucks (dead and alive) to come from the property? Pictures of turkeys? Easterns? Does the creek have 24/7/365 running water?

14-Jan-19
Heck all them deer will get ran over on HWY 35 :)

14-Jan-19
Zmax- I’ve shot turkeys either on that land or the property to the south, though 10 or so years ago, and they were sure pretty pure easterns then. I’m comparing them to birds in Missouri, Iowa for size, body shape, overall feathering. They weren’t just hybrids with a dark band at the top of the fan. Great BBQ in “town,” too.

14-Jan-19
Wildman that's what I thought...they are hunting 24/7/365.

14-Jan-19
If anyone knows of land close to Ft. Riley (as in bordering) let me know would ya?? :-)

15-Jan-19
Writer, it was my property, you hunted it with Joe that time !

15-Jan-19
The hwy wont have a large impact on the property. The wildlife there lives with it everyday. I have one very similar.

15-Jan-19
Only highway impact likely to be an increase in value long term.

15-Jan-19
Does anyone hunt near a railroad track that get a lot of activity? I have a small piece of land near one that I plan on hunting next year. I was wondering if you thought the trains had any impact on mature bucks. Thanks!

15-Jan-19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2I4g--5Hpk

Pretty cool hunt here. Guy uses the noise of the train to sneak in undetected tight into this brute's core.

15-Jan-19
Trains do not bother them. I hunt deer and turkeys in several areas of Butler County on private and public that the rails go through.

15-Jan-19
One of the largest bucks known to ever exist was found near railroad tracks. “Hole-in-the-horn” buck.

17-Jan-19
What Jason said. I’ve had trains so close it shakes the ground blind a little. Still a lot of deer.

• Sitka Gear