ks chas 17-Jan-19
Dale06 17-Jan-19
Deerplotter 17-Jan-19
Dale06 04-Mar-19
Kansasclipper 04-Mar-19
writer 04-Mar-19
Matt Palmquist 05-Mar-19
09-Jan-19
Any turkey outfitters operating for archery hunters, west of hiway 283. Preferably in NW part of the state. Thanks

09-Jan-19
Most of that is unit 4 which is a draw unit for residents only. You would have to hunt the extreme NW counties only.

09-Jan-19
Thanks wstks Didn’t know that I’m originally from Ness county Wanting to hunt west ks, maybe not feasible

10-Jan-19
why would anyone want a turkey outfitter, go set call and shoot!

10-Jan-19
Dale, There are more and more Turkeys not far from Thelma's house. Pm me I can help you.

10-Jan-19
Bodyman,

The prairie Turkey you find out in Western Kansas can be very difficult to find and hunt. I have seen them in Sandhills miles from any roosting trees. They can be quite difficult to hunt.

10-Jan-19
Are you kidding Matte? The ones I've seen around both "Spring's" are some of the least wary birds I've ever encountered. You find the roost and from there it shouldn't be much of a challenge imo.

I think that's part of the reason they limit the tags, lower #'s as well, but pretty easy to get if you locate'm.

10-Jan-19
I have not had that type of encounter around Ness which Dale is from. some birds yes but others have been very hard hunts. Find the roost on night but may have a 1/4 mile flydown and then your stuck with no cover and no way to get close to them. Just the challenges I have had but we have only hunted a few places for Turkey.

10-Jan-19
Ness is a draw county too. Killed sevetal in Ness county.

16-Jan-19
Dale, did you get a lifetime license before you moved?

17-Jan-19
The turkey outfitters that I know of set up a ground blind, dump a load of corn in front of it then your on your own.

17-Jan-19
No I did not get a lifetime license. Left in 73 soon as I graduated from KSU. Don’t think there was such a thing at that time. I’ve bought 40 some NR licenses since.

17-Jan-19
Heartland Pride Outfitters (Cody) near Colby, Kansas. Good outfit lots of Turkeys.

04-Mar-19
Deerplotter, thanks Booked with Cody.

04-Mar-19
Well I didn't draw a unit 4 tag this year. Disappointed.

04-Mar-19
I got one, after missing last year.

05-Mar-19
I drew a 4 tag, but Jerri did not. 2 to 3 years ago I missed the draw and called Pratt and they actually had leftovers but I wasn't quick enough. Didn't publicize she said and sold them quick anyways.

Dale, I see you already booked with an outfitter, but PM me if you have any other questions. I would be glad to help if I can.

Matt

• Sitka Gear