Live2hunt 26-Feb-19
Tweed 27-Feb-19
ground hunter 03-Mar-19
Two Feathers 04-Mar-19
CraigL 04-Mar-19
Heitz 04-Mar-19
ground hunter 04-Mar-19
10-Jan-19
Looks like we will have another one, just making sure I get the birds..... March 3rd 8am to 4pm. PM me for details

10-Jan-19
I am trying to keep the costs down, so I think I can do it for around 35.00 a hunter. Safety is always a concern, on the hunt, but young hunters with adults up to the age of 15, can hunt for free.....

I do not want non hunter children, because this is a hunt, and safety is always maintained

10-Jan-19
The birds over here at the pheasant farms are already depleted, usually last up to Mar. but apparently the cost to go out west and the weather have increase the demand for the local shoots. The pheasant grower by Medford that raise about 700K that good amount goes to South Dakota to the ranches which I read that 60% of S.D. pheasants are farm raised, thought that was interesting.

10-Jan-19
Hey Mike. Do you still have room for the Ojibwa gang. One of the best events I have ever attended

10-Jan-19
Bow hunting for birds? This sounds fun but a little nervous about lost arrows and the next guys dog finding them on a run?

10-Jan-19
Northbound - we use flu flu arrows.

Darn good time. One of my favorite events of the year next to BowJam.

10-Jan-19
northbound,,, your over thinking it,,, come down to my house and have at it,,,,, it is a good time,,,,,

10-Jan-19
It does sound fun, and extremely challenging. I was just imagining I'd lose more arrows than I owned. What do you use for a head? Those wide spring looking small game heads from fleet farm I can never get to fly the same way twice.

11-Jan-19
I used a field point with a washer behind it.

Some guys had broadheads (the flu flu will stop pass through) but I'd be hesitant to use broadheads if guys are using dogs.

11-Jan-19
No broadheads,,,,,,, that to me, with 30 archers, and some dogs, can be a safety issue,,,,, I use the judo point, and the small game head from G5, but I see all kinds of stuff, archers come up with

I just say no broadheads, because of dogs,,,, we usually do not have many dogs, but it would only take one,,,,,,

20-Jan-19
Gabe and I just put it on our calendar. We will be there. Grandpa Gary is bringing Willy, his pointer to help us out. Yes! Grandpa Gary is not shooting, just handling Willy.

20-Jan-19
nice to hear,,, I have the birds ordered, so will know by the end of the week,,,, we should be good to go,,,, have not heard from the Ojibwa guys.... will be going to trad shoot on the 17th at Whitetails, to let them know

08-Feb-19
Mike, refresh my memory, what's the format for this event. How many birds do you toss up before we go out and recover arrows?

09-Feb-19
I believe its three birds then retrieve.

09-Feb-19
Tweed, I got a PM. It's 5. I need to put together a bunch of flu flus.

09-Feb-19
Mike, Ojibwa will be there. Have you got enough Pabst

09-Feb-19
Heitz I may not have Pabst but if that is what you want, I will fill a cooler after the hunt,

10-Feb-19
This sounds like a lot of fun!

16-Feb-19
If anyone is coming, I would need to know, trying to figure on how much food to make, right now I only have 3 guys confirmed, either way 60 birds are going out,,,,, send me a PM if your coming Sunday March 3rd

thanks

25-Feb-19
Mike, Two for sure. Gabe and I. Gary and his dog Willie I am not sure of. 8 am Sunday we will see you at the Newburg clubhouse.

Just got in a new set of 40# limbs for my Black Hunter and looking forward to shooting it Sunday.

25-Feb-19
weather looks okay,,, no wind, partly sunny and cold,,,,, we have about 15 inches in the woods, field is okay, but drifts in the woods,,,,,,

25-Feb-19
Ill be there with my friend's son. Picking up a bow for him on Wednesday.

25-Feb-19
Mike, I hope you got the message on Saturday from the Ojibwa bunch, If Not, We will have about 10 coming.

25-Feb-19
Yeah I got it, and just found out another 5 from Wicked Ridge outdoors is coming, I think they are going to put it on You Tube,,,,, kids,,,,, ha ha

25-Feb-19

CraigL's embedded Photo
CraigL's embedded Photo
Mike, There are 7 of us coming. Got about one hundred flu flu's with these ready to go. :)

26-Feb-19
Holy moly, we got a crew this year, thanks for the heads up, I called your son, but did not hear from him,,, guess I will be making a lot more food,,,, ha ha,,,,,

26-Feb-19
"Got about one hundred flu flu's " Craig, so that's why there is a shortage of flu flu's!!!

27-Feb-19
Went out to RC's tonight and got Desmond rigged up to be a poultry killer. The kid is stoked.

What time is the club opening?

03-Mar-19
Thanks everyone for coming out today,,, although cold, with little wind and lots of sun the birds did fly great,,,,,,, there were some real shooters their today.....

Glad everyone liked the smoked pork, hope you got enough to eat,,,,,,,,

Only mishap, was Tweed had one of his bows blow up today on the inside range, that was too bad.......

If you lost any Flu Flus' we will collect them, and they will be at our club,,,,, if your out of the area, just describe them to me, we will make our best effort to get them back to you,,,,,

Our club thanks you for the support

04-Mar-19
The food was good, the cold was ok, the wind was ok but the buck thorn was miserable.

04-Mar-19
Thanks Mike,

We had a great time and the food was excellent. I have about a dozen Flu Flu's out there with one red or yellow stripe of tape. If its not a problem you can just hang on to them until next year if you find any.

04-Mar-19
As usual it was a great time. Thanks Mike, we had a blast. Food was awesome. The group of shooters were all good fun guys. Thanks for having Pabst in the cooler.

04-Mar-19
ordered special for you Heitz,,,, ha ha...... see you at the summer shoots

• Sitka Gear