COHOYTHUNTER 28-Jan-19
jlmatthew 28-Jan-19
COHOYTHUNTER 28-Jan-19
Stix 28-Jan-19
Grasshopper 28-Jan-19
jlmatthew 28-Jan-19
Colorado_Dave 30-Jan-19
11-Jan-19
Just got an email, our CPW director Bob Broscheid has taken a new job in Arizona, last day will be Jan 23rd.

While everyone never agrees on all topics, Bob understood the issues well, and was definitely a supporter of hunting.

Change is constant, and lots of uncertainty right now in our state government.

11-Jan-19
Will be paying close attention to the new director’s background and hoping for the best.

11-Jan-19
Director Broscheid was originally from AZ and part of the Game and Fish dept. I have known at least 7 DOW/CPW Directors over the past 25 years, so yes, "change is constant, and sometime uncertain" . Paul

27-Jan-19
Generally a good guy but his push to reduce mature buck populations due to CWD "management" was bad science and cow-towing to the WAFWA, of which he was President. I went to the CWD meetings last year. The members of the "Advisory Group" were hand-selected and wouldn't say sh#$ if they had a mouthful. What a sham. Nobody else came to the meetings! I was the only member of the "public" there!

27-Jan-19
Scott,

Thank you for going to those meetings. Not sure the one you are talking about was even advertised.

It is difficult for hunters to get to many of these kinds of meetings or Wildlife Commisioner meetings. They are usually set up during working hours, there is not much advertising and it can be a long drive to get to the meeting. The costs in time and travel can be pretty high. After going to a couple Commisioner meetings and getting totally frustrated that you can’t get any attention for an issue, makes a guy never want to waste their time again.

27-Jan-19
Does this mean Governor Polis and his husband (strong animal rights supporter) now get to appoint four commissioners?

27-Jan-19
Did I read Lou's post right??

27-Jan-19
Yep. Exactly what that means

27-Jan-19
Yep. Colorado is totally screwed.

27-Jan-19

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Nahhhh

27-Jan-19
I fn hate this...

27-Jan-19
I do not envy any new director that had to take over when the DOW became the CPW. I saw changes in the Commission when Parks and Wildlife merged. I was not impressed and did not support it but then, I did not have a say. Director Broscheid did the best he could and I can only guess, he saw that the grass might be greener on the other side of the "fence", back to Arizona.

27-Jan-19
WTF

27-Jan-19
Hey!! Chad, don't take my handle in vain! Jeesh.

27-Jan-19
I don't really care if he's married to a two-headed goat as long as he doesn't appoint ARAs to the Commission.

27-Jan-19
Sounds like that is in process. Gonna get ugly in CO in a hurry. Maybe i'll get lucky and it will help my property value so I can get out of here with enough cash to write a check for the next one.

27-Jan-19
When do we find out who he is looking at appointing?

27-Jan-19
Bob Broscheid was the first in many years as the chosen Director from out of state. Many years in the past the Director was from DOW rank and file. I am sure there will be applicants from in and out.

28-Jan-19
Jaq your first comment was what I was going to write this could be really bad...

28-Jan-19
An amazing amount of Coloradoans had no idea our new Governor had a husband until after the election. One friend said she assumed the guy helping pack Jared's kids lunches in the TV ad was just an older son...

28-Jan-19
Director? A few years back, various sportsmans organizatins, and others, the CBA included, were invited to be on a DOW Director search/review committee, to help select the new DOW director at that time. The Director was selected from within the ranks eventhough there were other applicants from out of state. I doubt is such a committed with be formed this time.

28-Jan-19

Stix's Link
I wouldn't get all your skirrs in an uproar nancy's. Polis's nomination to head the DNR is a dedicated sportsman, who had always put a priority on wildlife conservation. He doesn't sell out conservation in the name of corporate interests. We couldn't have asked for a better nominee.

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/mr-gibbs-goes-to-washington/

28-Jan-19
I'm not as concerned about him as I am about appointments to the Commission. Hopefully my concerns will be unfounded.

28-Jan-19

28-Jan-19
The commission makes all regulatory decisions, they are definitely important.

28-Jan-19
I was just told the new governor is requiring all NEW and UNCONFIRMED commission and board appointment made by hickenlooper must reapply. This includes more than just the wildlife commission. He may or may not then appoint the same 4 new commissioners who are now serving in that capacity.

Think about the impact to bgss, the bobcat petition, and other concerns.

28-Jan-19
All predator hunting.

I can see significantly more preference given to anti-hunters across the board, particularly in the light of CPw’s bogus study stating that “wildlife watching” brings in more than double the economic benefits than hunting...

28-Jan-19
This is a positive as far as I am concerned. Most of chickenloopers commission appointments have been marginal at best. Howard was a good one. Zipp was just ok. Don't forget chicken reappointed Bray how many times???? The new so called sportsmen rep on the commission, the atty from Denver, sold us out on the OTC either sex vote so it will be good to see him go. After seeing the quality appointee Dan Gibbs to head DNR, I can only expect he will be a true friend to the true sportsmen of Colorado. I expect he will appt commisioners who will honor the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation, and away from greedy corporate interests (agriculture, outfitters, landowners), and non residents, etc.

28-Jan-19
Appointments come from the governor, not Dan Gibbs. All candidates must apply. Candidates are picked by constituency group, per CRS. You will always have those interests, unless the law changes. Be careful what you wish for Steve.

28-Jan-19
When does this take effect? What does this mean for the bgss? Will it be voted on as is or new proposals made

28-Jan-19
Hopefully a certain southwest area rancher on the commission will be gone soon! Won’t name who, since everyone is so sensitive, but he bellied ached about more GMU’s going 80/20 and got that frozen and also had a big say in the new voucher mess

28-Jan-19
Let's all apply. Where are the applications?

28-Jan-19
To clarify, I meant that Gibbs is a good appointment, so I expect Polis to continue to offer quality appts and be a friend to sportsmen.

After seeing chickenloopers appts, and possibly removing some of them, I think it's good to wish for quality appts.

28-Jan-19

Grasshopper's Link
Good Luck! if you have experience running an operation with an operating budget of 200 plus million a year nad 900 or so employees, be sure to put it on your application.

28-Jan-19
Probably closer to $300 million after this year, but hey we’ll have the best looking dams & fish hatcheries and bike trails in the country!

30-Jan-19
Glad there will be a change. This commission, especially Robert Bray, needs to be replaced as well. At least Pizel is gone already - that guy was a joke. Not a fan of Polis but hoping he is better than the last guy.

• Sitka Gear