mrw 11-Jan-19
jdrdeerslayer 11-Jan-19
GED 12-Jan-19
Ungie01201 12-Jan-19
chase&me 12-Jan-19
11-Jan-19

mrw's embedded Photo
mrw's embedded Photo
So I go for a walk in the woods today at a local WMA. Maybe 50 yards off the road I find this . . . do I ignore it or report it? Or get my shotgun and blast it to smithereens?

11-Jan-19

mrw's embedded Photo
mrw's embedded Photo
Found this one last Friday on the other side of the same WMA. This one looks like it has dog food in it. The first one had corn.

Neither had camera's that I could see.

11-Jan-19
Leave it. What would reporting do Baiting is legal right now... It is an ugly set up tho lol

11-Jan-19
Unfortunately the person will probably never be back so they are just litter. Take em home and use em. And just in case the jerk does return, leave a note that they can be picked up at the local F&W office. Maybe they will think twice next time.

11-Jan-19
X2 Tekoa !

11-Jan-19
BJ baiting is NEVER legal on a WMA.

every time I have ever reported baiting to the EPO they did nothing. I like the note idea, exept you do run the risk of someone seeing you carry the buckets out and report you. lol

set up a trail cam and see if you get some good images to turn over to the EPO.

11-Jan-19
Set up 50 yards down wind of it lol

11-Jan-19
I never heard of that the only thing I've ever seen was that the bait had to be picked up and removed 10 days prior to bow season I just looked on WMA and I did not see anything about putting out bait is there any place I could find the information please thank you

11-Jan-19
couldn't find it either....sorry...could have sworn it used to say private landowners could bait. My bad

11-Jan-19
Hick, I think it's just that any sign of baiting has to be gone by 10 days before the season (ok, technically, just bait removed 10 days prior)...

mrw - any chance the guy put it up after the season for cam purposes?

I'd call it in if it's been up. Baiting, if not sustained, could kill a number of deer.

11-Jan-19
Baiting with the wrong stuff kills even more !

11-Jan-19
BLAST it

11-Jan-19
There is no way that corn bucket wasn't out during last season.

11-Jan-19
Dog food could be for coyotes but doubt it will work well In Hanging 5 gallon bucket. Like others said looks like litter to me

12-Jan-19
Baiting is legal for coyotes. If that is dog food in the bucket , it isn’t for deer.

12-Jan-19
Dog food would be for United I would assume. If there during deer season that’s another story

12-Jan-19
It looks like bait buckets for raccoons. The tubes are so they can stick their little paws in there and pull out the food. Then you release your coon hounds right there to start your night. Not sure if it illegal to run dogs off of it but that's what it looks like to me. Leave it when the bears find it they'll take care of it.

• Sitka Gear