DanWesson357 08-Feb-19
Brad Gehman 08-Feb-19
DanWesson357 08-Feb-19
Jethro 09-Feb-19
Brad Gehman 09-Feb-19
Brad Gehman 09-Feb-19
13-Jan-19

DanWesson357's Link
https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/?fbclid=IwAR0VICBK8lOJ9rKU4kzNkfXo8SbGJV-epaHK5pLyjgpbWNV-AFiUBPbFN04

If you want Sunday Hunting Please consider calling, emailing or writing a letter to your PA Senator and Representative. Also Consider the same for the Majority Leaders of each house. The prohibition on Sunday Hunting is a LAW and will need to vote on in the PA State Legislature. At this stage it has NOTHING to do with the PA Game Commission and EVERYTHING to do will the PA Legislature and our reps MUST feel the pressure from US to remove the prohibition.

Feel free to copy and edit in anyway the letter I sent this morning to MY PA Senator. I obviously changed my identification because this is the INTERWEBNET.

To: Senator Mike Folmer Senate Box 203048 Harrisburg, PA 17120-3048 Room: 337 Main Capitol (717) 787-5708 (877) 222-1897 FAX: (717) 787-3455

From: DAN WESSON 357 STREET ADDRESS Middletown, PA 17057 717-###-####

Greetings Senator Mike Folmer,

I am writing to ask that you consider co-sponsoring and supporting with your vote a PA Senate Bill that will soon be introduce by fellow Senator Dan Laughlin to remove the current prohibition on Sunday Hunting. Senator Dan Laughlin will be the Chair of the PA Senate Game and Fisheries Committee, and has previously introduced legislation PA Senate Bill #1202, that would have removed the prohibition on Sunday Hunting.

As an avid hunter, Registered Republican and conservative like yourself. I am very much in favor of removing the legislated prohibition on Sunday Hunting. Private Landowners should NOT be prohibited from legally hunting on their own land because of an archaic and in my opinion Unconstitutional Prohibition. I voted for you, and will continue to vote for you if you support Senator Dan Laughlin’s bill. If you are against the removal of the prohibition of Sunday hunting, I will NOT vote for you in the future and will work against your reelection. Please do what is right for PA and work to end the Sunday Hunting Prohibition

Sunday hunting would be an economic benefit to every corner of our great state. Many hunters and potential future hunters are not buying PA hunting licenses because of a lack of opportunity to hunt, OR they are buying hunting licenses in bordering states that allow Sunday Hunting. The dwindling numbers of license sales in PA threatens the way that the North American Conservation Model has been working in our great State for close to a century. License sales and federal funding doled out to states via the Pittman-Robertson Act help our PA Game Commission to continue the noble mission of conserving habitat in PA and managing our incredible natural resources for ALL Pennsylvanians and out of state visitors. Hunting is BIG BUSINESS and removing the Sunday Prohibition on Hunting in PA would increase economic activity in PA, the benefits of which would be far reaching. Not only do these ideas benefit PA but they also fit with your political views of being a Conservative Republic who is pro-economic growth and pro-smaller Government with less regulation and prohibitions.

Sunday is often the only day of the week working people of PA have off of work. Considering all of the other activities that are NOT prohibited by our PA Legislature, WHY is the wholesome, family oriented, economically beneficial activity of hunting PROHIBITED by our PA Legislature.

Please work with Senator Dan Laughlin for the Citizens, Working People, Families, and Hunters of Pennsylvania to remove this Sunday Hunting Prohibition and allow the PA Game Commission, with its biologist and management experts to be the ones to determine hunting seasons and days of the year hunting would most benefit our PA wildlife.

Your Consideration is Appreciated, and I would like to know your views on this issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

DAN WESSON 357

13-Jan-19
Will do Dan!!

13-Jan-19
I'll just start my letter with, Hi its Ed again. :)

15-Jan-19
Good letter. Here we go again...

15-Jan-19
I call. I think the staff knows my number and what I'm going to talk about:)

15-Jan-19
I do think things are different in that we have Senator Dan Laughlin (Sponsor of Bill #1202) as the Chair of the PA Senate Game and Fisheries Committee and Senator Brewster who co-sponsored the Bill #1202 LAST legislative session as the co-chair. So I believe the bill is certain to make it out of committee and for a vote in front of the entire Senate. Keep writing letters, making phone calls and be sure to keep looking for the Names of Senators who will serve on the Game and Fisheries Committee.

16-Jan-19
Two words- Carpal Tunnel.. I have been doing this for years and quite frankly it is tiring. Even writing articles for some of the local rags before most even knew why we were not allowed to hunt Sunday to begin with. It is a real shock that most would prohibit hunters from an extra day while it is illegal but would be among those participating if it were legal. From the golden tower they preach we should not be allowed to hunt, but given the chance they would be the first in the woods... But "tradition" and religion get the best of most.

21-Jan-19

DanWesson357's Link
This will soon be announced in our PA Senate. Please contact as MANY PA Senators as you can. This is a statewide issue not just an issue for your district. We have Support in the Senate and need to ACT to make sure these Senators understand we expect them to do what is good for PA.

21-Jan-19

DanWesson357's Link
This will soon be announced in our PA House of REPS. Please contact as MANY PA HOUSE of REPRESENTATIVE Members as you can. This is a statewide issue not just an issue for your district. We have Support in the HOUSE OF REPS and need to ACT to make sure these REPRESENTATIVES understand we expect them to do what is good for PA.

21-Jan-19
THAT WAS NOT A DOUBLE POST...ONE IS FOR THE SENATE and one of for the HOUSE of Representatives. Please continue to write, e-mail and call. Please take a few ADVIL and power through your Carpal Tunnel. Get on a first name basis with your REPS!!! Hunting in PA needs SUNDAY HUNTING.

22-Jan-19
Yeah, what Ron asked... Trespassing in Pa is outta hand

22-Jan-19
Ron, attend the next meeting and ask your questions there. Get it straight from the horse's mouth at the podium. If it's not worth your time to attend, then quit your bitchin in here.

22-Jan-19

DanWesson357's Link
As soon as the new Bills have a Bill # they will be made public. The link is the text of PA Senate bill #1202 which was NOT allowed out of committee last legislative session. There is no guarantee that the 2019-20 Bills will have the same language. But here it is.

22-Jan-19

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
Ron....I think I drove past your property the other day!

22-Jan-19
Ron, I noticed ya avoided my question?

23-Jan-19
Nice sign, the future of hunting...…..?

23-Jan-19
But it was ok when you trespassed in Potter?

No wonder they kicked you out of the county.

I'll bet your new neighbors just love you!

23-Jan-19
Ahem, sometimes this type of thing is needed to get through to people who just don't get it.. Sometimes this type of thing is a much needed sign to make people understand what they are doing is wrong. I know trespassing is terrible in Pa and I also believe it is one of the states most handed down traditions. As for the sign personally, I think it should be a bit bigger and in multiple spots. But if Pa had some real teeth in those laws, the second offense would be loss of license for 10 years, the third is for life + a 10K fine. They would figure it out after that.

23-Jan-19
I learned to stop trying to convince some people to support Sunday hunting.. They just don't want to hunt on Sundays and don't want other to be out enjoy the sport that they love. WHY !!!! One reason,,,, they don't want someone else shooting there deer... So lets keep the other 5% happy why the other 95% can suffer.

So please tell me why my loved sport has to suffer?? Why I get to hunt pretty much 1/2 days and full days if I take off work.. Guys stop trying to change other people mines. Some your just not going to change even if they got $1000 fines.. It will never be enough. It's not in their agenda to allow others to enjoy time hunting on Sundays. Respectfully Ed

23-Jan-19
Well Put Ed - Spot On! Thanks

23-Jan-19
No beer for me in 4 months now, Ropn:)

23-Jan-19
PALonfbow, I own 75 acres by my house, wiith a 8/9 acre pond. My dad owned 500+ acres (grand dad bought in I think 1941) ,, After he died my sisters have it. It as two pole lines going through it. I bet I have more trespassers in a Saturday than you have in a year. Sometimes 20+ quads in a day,, yes I have hunters too. But I still want to hunt on Sunday. Palongbow,, You can call out the names of all the trespassers you had cited it is public record. Ed

23-Jan-19
Ron, there have been trespassers forever. I don't see a big difference today than when I was young except there are more people and more posted land. Don't confuse entitlement mentality with lack of respect for other's property.

The onus isn't on law enforcement to patrol private land, it's on the landowner, whether there is a hunting season or not.

23-Jan-19
When I say by my house I mean 7 miles away.. My dads old place is 16 miles away and no one lives on it. It's just land.

23-Jan-19
I agree with stiffer tresspassing laws. Currently, PA's laws are relatively a joke. The fines should be higher and if you are tresspassing with a motorized vehicle, the fines should be multiplied by 10 or more. It is a real chore to get a law enforcement officer on site when you need them and the PGC doesn't want to have to enforce tresspassing laws if the tresspasser is otherwise not committing a game law violation. It is a mess. It needs to be fixed. I do understand the landowner's desire for stiffer tresspassing penalties before they agree to support the push for sunday hunting.

23-Jan-19
Everybody knows the biggest bucks are behind the posters:)

23-Jan-19
Right Jeff. For more than 20 years I hunted in Bedford on a private farm. Except I spent a lot of my time on the adjoining state game lands. Killed quite a few deer there and saw some of the biggest bucks I ever saw in that area - all on the game lands.

Yet each year we’d find guys trying to get as close to the property line as possible because, obviously, all the big bucks were in the posted land.

23-Jan-19
It's just like that sign that says...

Wet paint..

Well you know what happens then:)

23-Jan-19
Ron..we hear you already! Proposing it to us here means jack. So who else have you proposed it to?

23-Jan-19
Ron, like Bob said. proposing it here is meaningless. The same can be said about whether or not you would support Sunday hunting.

If you're serious about this go to a PGC meeting and tell them what you think. Write a letter to the Directors. Do something more than sitting behind a keyboard on an internet forum.

23-Jan-19
I agree.

24-Jan-19
Several neighbors with posted land have had a lot of hunting related issues. The PGC and the local police department simply just don't know the deeded property lines. They will issue a warning only for that reason. A fence line tree belongs to who??? One of the biggest heated issues. They have been issuing some fines on a corporate property, its borders are black top roads.

24-Jan-19
please remember to contact AS MANY PA Senators and AS MANY PA Reps as you can to tell them you want SUNDAY HUNTING and you want the prohibition of SUNDAY HUNTING REMOVED. Thanks Fellow Hunters!

24-Jan-19
If someone wants to trespass, it can’t be stopped. No dollar amount will stop it. The Wardens and LEO’s can’t be every place, all the time, no matter how high the fines are. Now what ya gonna do? Hold them yourselves? If that’s the case, patrol your little slice of heaven, yourself. You are your lands primary defender.

24-Jan-19
Run for office.

24-Jan-19
It would prolly be a landslide vote too:)

24-Jan-19
ROn - "Writing letters and going to the meetings in regards to trespassing are a complete waste of time because its a much larger area that this agency does not completely control. "

But venting on an internet forum helps????? What you wrote are just excuses for not wanting to make an effort.

24-Jan-19
Some one help me out!!! In a old post on another thread it was stated that someone above had cited people for trespassing... They even put a number on how many where cited.. This would be public record.. Would like to know what township and county this place is in so if I can find time do some research into it. If they are not having people cited, well I can come to my own conclusion and possibly prove myself wrong if they are or,, come to the conclusion that it's a don't shoot my deer thing.. So if anyone knows what township and county the said above is having all this trespassing done on p-m the answer..

24-Jan-19
I sent my PA Senator and Congressman an email noting my support for handing over control of Sunday hunting to the PGC, as it should be. Hopefully I'll get time to email others. Does anyone have a link to the responsible committee members so I could start there?

24-Jan-19
So are you doing this on your own and don't want anyone else to help? That seems counterproductive.

24-Jan-19
Phil - Trust me..

Now that's funny right there:).... Same old Ron, been saving the world all on his own for years on the Bowsite.

I know a secret, blah blah blah.

I also sell this snake bite medicine that heals everything, Call Ron for the free sample.

24-Jan-19
Been selling it but no one is buying his garbage! He's the greatest hunter ever, in his feeble mind.

24-Jan-19
It pains me to say this.....i agree with Phil. My stepdad bitches all year about how guys come into work almost on a weekly basis with pics of the bucks they killed over the weekend. He works at a big place with a ton of ppl and most of those ppl are from over various mountains, in the backwoods. I ask him how many calls he’s made to the PGC, and he says its no use.... If u dont have the time and effort to do what YOU can to stop it, i dont have the time and effort to hear you whine about it.

Ron, i think all of us agree that the penalties should be stiffer and an ACTUAL deterrant. But the way ur goin about it here gives me zero desire to stand beside you in the fight....

24-Jan-19
You are amazing...

You keep rattling off your B.S. and end up back where you started, which is nowhere.

I'll bet you stand in front of a mirror and give yourself pats on the back after one of your presentations.

24-Jan-19
Ok Ron...nothing is gonna change. So I'm thinking that I speak for most when you come on here bitching about your issues and won't even try to work to and end. Tell you what. Sell your quad, quit investing in food plots and hire a security guy.

Prolly if it weren't for trespassers, nobody would kill a deer on your property.

24-Jan-19
Sunday Hunting guys...come one...we can get the law amended this time if we write our reps.

24-Jan-19
Stick n string- you don’t have to feel pain to agree with me. Look at it this way - if I’m a broken clock I’m still right twice a day. :)

24-Jan-19
Ya twice a day is about your average. :)

24-Jan-19
Ron...nobody is disagreeing with you that the penalties for trespassing should be steeper. How long have u had your property and many people have you prosecuted for trespassing? How have you prosecuted?

24-Jan-19
^^^^^^^ said^^^^^

25-Jan-19
Sunday Hunting......Anyone????....................Sunday Hunting???

25-Jan-19
Adelphia's finest, once a failure, always a failure, why stop now?? Please keep whining, I'll bring the cheese!

25-Jan-19
Enter your message here...

25-Jan-19
DW357, I've contacted both my reps about wanting their support with the Sunday hunting legislation.

25-Jan-19
Credibility is slidin down....down....down....

The thing is, i could not agree more about the penalties being stiffer. Any place i’ve hunted in Illinois or Mizzou, trespassing is black n white...you dont do it. Now, theres always bad eggs in every crowd, but the normal way is to stay on your own. That isnt the case here and certainly, that pie can be divided different ways between a TON more ppl hunting, the rich pa “tradtion” of going where u want when u want and certainly no real consequence for doing it. But again, it dont matter the penalty at all if you dont ever fight the crime with action. I can yell the fridge that i want a beer, but if i dont get outta my recliner and go get one, im not getting a beer...

And BTW, those midwest states i mentioned have little trespassing activity allow Sunday hunting....;^)

25-Jan-19
I hear ya, Justin! Great post. I feel your pain on the beer thing. Kinda like yelling at the tots to fire up the oven and hop in...but if you want to enjoy them hot, golden, tasty tater nuggets, you have to strap on the oven mitts and do the work for yourself. Sunday hunting is on the horizon....I love bowhunting! :-)

25-Jan-19
The more the questions are avoided, the more I think it's not the real reason... I'm asked a question, I answered it in my next post.. He's asked a question he dose not answer... So give up guys your wasting your time.

25-Jan-19
He's out patrolling.....

25-Jan-19
Should have time to answer you on Sunday. No patrolling that day.

25-Jan-19
"I also sell this snake bite medicine that heals everything, Call Ron for the free sample." Thought Rut Nut already used it all?

25-Jan-19
Well after this thread I decided to write another letter talking about excuses that are used to not support Sunday hunting. I'm sure no one has wrote a letter saying,," I don't support Sunday hunting because I don't want to hunt on Sundays and I don't want anyone else shooting my deer on a day I don't want to hunt."

25-Jan-19
Don't be shooting "my deer" dats why I am against SH.. Classic, but true. And because I am selfish about it I am not for it. But my decision is based on greed and because I am greedy, why should anyone else be allowed to deer hunt on Sunday? Because I said so.. But if they enact it, look out, I will beat you to the stand... You betcha..

29-Jan-19
Two Things.... I agree with PALongBow's proposed penalities with one addition: If you are caught tresspessing on a motorized vehicle, the fine gets multiplied by 10.

As to Bowhunting 5C's comments, they are wornout and tiring. I bet that you don't have any property and I bet that you don't spend alot of your spare time working it, -planting crops, cutting trees, planting trees, etc. I love these guys you call me selfish for posting my property when they show up on my door step the Sunday before the rifle season opener and want me to welcome them with open arms to come in and shoot the bucks that pass through the property. Go get some dirt of your own and maybe you will see what we are talking about.... My two cents...

29-Jan-19
What's worn out and tiring is the guys who spend more time complaining about trespassers, than coming up with actual solutions. Typical attitude today....instead of doing something yourself, demand the government do it for you. As it was pointed out before, if ya got people trespassing Monday - Saturday, I'm willing to bet they're also doing it on Sundays as well. If you own your own land, good for you. YOU make the decision whether or not you want to hunt (or let others hunt) on Sundays. On the same side of that coin, by not allowing Sunday hunting, you are preventing other landowners from having the right to be able to hunt on their own land. See where I'm going here? Refusing to allow an entire state to pass Sunday hunting because of slob trespassers, is like shutting down an entire highway because some people drive too fast. It's stupidity! There are folks I know who do not support Sunday hunting, simply because it's "tradition"....well so was marrying your 1st cousin a few decades ago, but thankfully that has changed a little. I still don't know if I would hunt on Sundays, but after watching it rain all day Saturday, I sure would like to have the choice to do so.

29-Jan-19

29-Jan-19
PA Bowhunter if your comments are referring to me, they are off point completely. To me, the topic of Sunday hunting is more of a personal property right issue than anything. If the Game Commission believes that the resource can withstand and even benefit from Sunday hunting, then they should be able to make that decision. Each landowner can then decide whether they will hunt their property on Sunday and/or let others do so. That is, they pay the taxes on their property and they should be able to make that decision. Saying that you can post your property and just throw people off is pretty naive. There is not enough teeth in our laws to prevent tresspassers from continuiung to tresspass even after they have been prosecuted. The problem is that the Farm Bureau has resisted Sunday hunting and they have a lot of clout with the legislature. If the legislators would agree to provide stiffer tresspassing penalties so those farmers who do not want people hunting their property on Sundays can get them to stop, it is my sense that it will go a long way toward getting the Farm Bureau to soften its resistance. My 2 cents.

29-Jan-19
LOL! You can't argue with LOGIC Josh! ;-)

29-Jan-19
Tom, how many trespassers have umyou prosecuted in your time as a landowner and how did you prosecute?

I will ask you since PaLongbow has seemed to disappear when asked the same question...

I am a landowner myself, have seen trespassing on our ground, tho not much during hunting season. Our trespassing happens when the morels pop outta the ground in the springtime and it gets me spittin mad. But im too far away to patrol it hard and usually just get pictures of people walking around with my cash in their mushroom bags..... So i just have to accept it until the day comes that i am there the right day at the right time.

29-Jan-19
Justin...it's not that easy. You apparently can't just confront the trespassers and ask them to leave? I know it's not legal and all, but I guarantee you could persuade them not to ever want to come back...for any reason. Tell them you pee'd on all the morels, or something. :-)

Tom, it sounds like you and I agree that Sunday hunting should be the landowners decision. That was the basis for my last post. As far as getting the farm bureau to soften their stance on Sunday hunting, I feel taking away Red Tag permits and eliminating all crop damage subsidies would go a lot further than increasing trespassing laws. The last time I checked, the only good deer to a farmer was a dead deer, so I doubt they have much issue with anyone shooting them. Once again, if the farmer wants to allow hunting Monday - Saturday, and NOT Sunday, that is their decision. However, I know farmers who want every deer shot and welcome the prospect of Sunday hunting. The Farm Bureau may have clout, but they can't have it both ways.

30-Jan-19
Sunday hunting will be the land owners choice, more posted property. Maybe they should go back to a large back tag license to make it easier for prosecution.

30-Jan-19
Those trespasser buy a license just anyone else does:)

30-Jan-19
Mad Trapper, Trespassers and SH do not go hand in hand. Do trespassers actually need a designated day to Trespass? It is frustrating for all concerned and I feel your pain, but for the idea of one group of guys to dictate when others should be allowed to hunt legally is wrong. If your against any part of it stay home, and if you got problems with trespassing, do something about it, I am not the enemy. If I had privy to the laws, every instance your caught trespassing, by the second time you could not afford to do it again. Not once did I see anyone call you selfish, post it, post it till your trees turn yellow, you own them and paid for it. Good for you, go nuts.. And if you got guys showing up hat in hand on Sunday the day before the opener you also have the rights to say no as well. And as far as the deer being shot going to and from your precious food plots, ahem... You do not own the deer unless your property is a deer pen. Sorry man, I can not wait for a Saturday opener and paving the way to Sunday hunting.

30-Jan-19
If us bow hunters continue being greedy pushing for everything to help us kill more buck, it will back fire one of these days. In a couple more years the bow kill is going to be more than the rifle kill. We may lose the opportunity to hunt during the rut

30-Jan-19
You know so much why don't you explain it.

You never answer our questions so why should we answer yours?

You don't know jack crap.

30-Jan-19
The penalties dont matter if you dont do anything about prosecuting. OF COURSE THE PENALTIES ARE NOT ENOUGH IF THE LANDOWNER IS TOO LAZY OR DOESNT HAVE THE BALLS TO PROSECUTE. Prosecute or zip it. You arent part of the solution, you are just as much a part of the problem.

30-Jan-19
Palongbow,, you stated in another thread that you had people arrested,, Did you or did you not??? Ed

30-Jan-19
As if tougher tresspasding laws are going to cut down on tresspassing. Murder is illegal in all 50 states, yet there were 17,284 murders in the USA in 2017.

30-Jan-19
So ur question deserves answers, mine doesnt. Message received. Zero credibility from you Mr. Ron

30-Jan-19
Palongbow,, Your against Sunday hunting because of trespassers,, Ok we got that... Now if we do get Sunday hunting will you be out hunting on them Sundays??

30-Jan-19
PaLongbow. Your correct cross bows are like short range rifles. look how many people are using them now. We should have fought against that. Or only let them used in late season.

30-Jan-19
PaLongbow. Your correct cross bows are like short range rifles. look how many people are using them now. We should have fought against that. Or only let them used in late season.

30-Jan-19
What,,,, I love my Xbow,, but I do keep my shots to under 110yds. With the xbow company claiming 3 inch groups at 100yds it can't be more than a 4 inch group at 110.. So I'm fine... :)

30-Jan-19
So can you tell me the changes to Sunday Hunting trespassing legislation versus what we currently have in place now?

They are the same...

Ok ya understand that?

They are the same..

Now whats ya gonna whine about, the price of gas and price of seed for your quad and food plot? And the price of no hunting signs went up too..

Oh deer lord no no..

Shouldn't you be doing your job instead of playing on the internet on company time?

Ya don't wanna get canned again do ya????

30-Jan-19
Teeton, I expected an answer like that. You are probably one of those trespassers everyone is worried about also.

30-Jan-19
Hec, No one ever sees me trespass I away's wear camo..

30-Jan-19
Makes me wonder, if all the people that whine about trespassers, aren’t, in fact, one themselves!!

30-Jan-19
No doubt in my mind.

30-Jan-19
That's how it is where I live. Post their property then put on deer drives through the neighbors and my safety zones .

Ed, the 'camo wind whisperer' :)

30-Jan-19
Cracks me up, guys plant food plots to draw deer in, then post their land, never attend pgc meetings or write letters to legislators, but they are working behind the scenes, ya right. Typical whiner characteristics right there...

30-Jan-19
I’ve seen it so many times too.

We all get the trespassing laws suck. It seems to be a right of passage in Pa. But, sometimes, an owners attitude will make the matter worse. Ron, if the attitude you display here, is one in the same with the folks living near you, you will have trespass problems, forever!

31-Jan-19
Trespassing "Pa's most handed down tradition", bar none.

31-Jan-19
I'd like to know what the penalties are for trespassing, current and proposed. I seriously don't know. I don't own land or trespass so never gave it much thought. I'd support stiffer penalties. If PALongbow came on here with detailed info about upcoming trespassing legislation the way Danwesson357 did about Sunday hunting, I'm betting everyone on this forum would support it.

31-Jan-19
If PALongbow came on here with detailed info about upcoming trespassing legislation the way Danwesson357 did about Sunday hunting, I'm betting everyone on this forum would support it.

Yup we would, but that's never going to happen.

All he blows is smoke.

31-Jan-19
Perfectly said Jethro....

04-Feb-19
Farm Bureau has voted in favor of Sunday hunting is the rumor I'm getting. Anyone confirm?

04-Feb-19
Boy Vonfoust that would be great news.. The other day I chatted with one of our past state legislators.. He said much has changed in the last 6 months with other legislators favoring Sunday hunting.. Looks like I may get to hunt on Sundays in the next year or so..

Not sure how I would do Sunday hunting if we do get it. What I mean is most Saturdays in Archery season other than the time I take off work I only get to hunt half days on Saturdays.. Now if we get Sunday hunting would I still hunt them half Saturdays or work the whole day and then hunt all day on Sundays. Man this is starting to get complicated!!! :) :) :) :)

04-Feb-19
Prosecuted twice. Word got round quick.

04-Feb-19
Well ain’t that a novel idea. You mean to tell me that actually slapping a wrist played out better then just crying and whining about it like a baby from the laziness of your recliner? Whodathunkit

04-Feb-19
"Hec - You see we have it figured out. ..Those that don't care about landowners and trespassing are either entitled minded or possibly trespassing on others land and wouldn't want stiffer trespass penalties. All they really want is another day in the woods... Ron" Ron...by painting with such a broad brush, you do tend to show your true colors. Question.....how many times have you pursued prosecuting trespassers?

04-Feb-19
Never

04-Feb-19
Palongbow, u bring up the term "entitled".. Do u feel entitled because you own land?? And that land owns should get entitled over non land owners?? You want to keep us wanting to hunt on Sundays from hunting, , so u can get what you want.

05-Feb-19
Well Ron have you pressed charges against anyone?

05-Feb-19
Just curious, what amount of fine / penalty would make the Posted Property Owners happy?

If private property owners are caught baiting / illegal activities will they lose their property? Or at least the right to post?

05-Feb-19
You can bet there are piles of corn on Ron's hot spot year round.

Ya should have seen the video of Ron on facebook a few years ago.

There he was on his Quad, tilling up his foot plot....

He had this big smile on his face, and every tree had a no hunting sign on it...

Wish I'd have saved it...

05-Feb-19
I wasn't trying to singular anyone out. Just know what WAS around the house, a private property owner got busted after a trespassing ordeal. Ended up cutting back on some of the baiting once word got out. Also from patrolling Right Of Ways, you wouldn't know baiting is illegal in this state.

05-Feb-19
^^^yep^^^

05-Feb-19
Baiting statewide is not illegal. The SRA's it is legal... Just saying.

05-Feb-19
Penalties for baiting in an area that you’re not allowed to should be stiff and severe Just as the penalty for trespassing should be stiff and severe. But to say a landowner should lose their land or the right to post is a bit clownish. You don’t lose your car and the right to drive it because you were speeding or u blew a stop sign.

05-Feb-19
I think that ones that don't want Sunday hunting have a lot of different reason for not supporting it, but I still believe their real agenda is to keep us that want to hunt on Sunday from shooting their deer. Trespass laws many not be very stuff for first timers but I believe second timers it jumps up and now gives you a criminal record. I have never heard anyone (hunter) come out that's not for Sunday hunting say " I just don't want anyone shooting a deer on Sunday that I can shoot on Monday.. :) We all know that no one is going to say that. But they (hunters) come up with other reasons to not support it. Like "the deer need a rest" ,,, "every land owners going to post there property" ,,, " it's going to piss off hikers that don't want us out on Sundays' ,, "More people are going to trespass on my land" ... How the hell do all them other state that have Sunday hunting manage to have Sunday hunting???

Can anyone tell me why I answer Palongbows questions but he will not answer any of my questions or others ?? Maybe he can come on here and answer why he wouldn't answer mine or others questions ..

05-Feb-19
Maybe that penalty is to high, how about it's reposted open to the public? If the posted property owner has a electronic feeder set up by his stand, it's active, and fresh atv tracks hauling corn to it during hunting season in a illegal baiting area.

I could cut down on some of the richard cranium drivers.

And yes I forget about the legal baiting areas.

05-Feb-19
So hawkeye, if you get in trouble for doing work that requires a permit at your house without obtaining a permit, i should be able to use your garage to change the oil in my truck when i want to? Or boil my buck skull off in ur kitchen on ur stove?

05-Feb-19
Ed- twice Last year I have been confronted by Park Police that patrol State Forest, once on a Sunday and an in-season saturday, for scouting and hunting. Both times called upon by "other outdoor users" citing my brother and I as being "suspicious". Hunting on a Sunday, at least in SW and SC Pa will be more excitiing due to the added amount of traffic.

05-Feb-19
Hi Dale,, When you say "Cited" do you mean they fined you or just talked/questioned you???

05-Feb-19
Stick n string, so if you own it the laws don't apply?

05-Feb-19
Thats not im saying at all. Where did i say that? But why does breaking the law mean that anybody else gets to use what you bought n pay for? I said the penalties for doing illegal things should be stiff and severe..... But loss of your right to own your ground and decide who uses it and for what is ridiculous, isnt it?

05-Feb-19
Ed- no on being cited yes in being watched. Nice guys doing their job. The first time the Park Police sat and met with us at our vehicle. The Park Police were notified by cell that a suspicious looking truck with multiple hunting stickers on the windows was parked along the road into a roadside pull-off. Go figure. Twice since then have we encountered the Park Police, parked watching our vehicle. Interestingly this is in a very secluded area. Can you say.....Hunter Harassment by law? Someone sees our rigs, calls the Park Cops, they must investigate. I would bet this is going to occur virtually everytime i step into those woods which include part of the Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail, and other trails, which we share with horseback riders and Mt Bikers and hikers.

Last turk season while calling in 2 gobblers, We came across someone cresting a steep hill while training on the trail for a "Mud Run". The indiviual came up the hill just enough to see his brightly colored RED bandana'd head about 60 yards from my 12 ga.

My fear? If other consumptive users are confronting hunters on a Sunday, they might as well ride on Saturdays as well. Or will the state BAN them from the woods in the most beautiful month of the year?!

05-Feb-19
Dale,, the last part of your post has me confused as to if you support Sunday hunting or don't??

05-Feb-19
If I don't are we going to still be friends?

Ed Ive said since the start I supported it. But not solely for deer. I hope IF IT OCCURS it will be used wisely to target specific species, and custom fitted for specific areas.

Fwiw I've already made contacts with my sen to speak on several issues about hunting. Having a UBP/IBEP background opened those doors

05-Feb-19
It should be opened EVERY Sunday, for whatever species is in season, on that given Sunday. No exceptions.

05-Feb-19
Well Dale I won't kiss you but I'll still be your friend. :)

05-Feb-19

05-Feb-19
I belong to a few Facebook hiking groups. Lots of chat tonight on Sunday hunting. Many on them hate the idea of Sunday hunt. There was still many that defend it. Most defend it just post mostly replys that had common sense. I think that Saturdays are still the biggest day for hiking, it's also one of the biggest days for hunting.

05-Feb-19
yeah...but what bout the tresspassers?

06-Feb-19
Ron is working on that behind the scenes.

He keeps rubbing his crystal ball...

But it's a secret.

06-Feb-19
Ed you are showing proof of my comments about other users, and thats only 1 group. In my case I get to meet the Park Police more often. I should get them Christmas cards lol

06-Feb-19
I think the P.P. will tire of this and leave you alone eventually, especially if they see the same vehicle, in the same place and it's the same officers, getting calls from the same "concerned" individual. They are not dummies.....

06-Feb-19
Its ridiculous to have to deal with that as a hunter, regardless of how soon the park police “get used to” the calls. Its ashame that we are becoming the minority and we have to deal with nonsense like that

06-Feb-19
Thats our hope too Justin. Actually they are all good guys and willing to share some info. The first officer knew, after seeing our NWTF stickers and UBP plates that we were hunters. None the less they are supposed to follow up.

The point is that there are folks in the user groups that are going to pissed off about NOT having a day in the woods WITHOUT hunters. Im not being cynical mind you but just being realistic. Youre familiar with Linn Run or Keystone StatecPark, both parks with hunting areas. I wonder will the bow hunting areas be closed now until leaf viewing season is over? Just my concerns.

06-Feb-19
Justin are you in Senator Wards district too? I called her office again today. So far 3 calls into this office, 1 was against.

07-Feb-19
Dale, i am in her area. LOL, I just spoke to her office this morning. They took all my info and a message. I am hoping for a call or return email. I am hoping to find some time tonight to email the other reps that have emails listed. I am not one that will hunt many Sundays and when i do, i hunt Maryland. But i do fully believe we should have the option to do so if we would want to.

07-Feb-19
Dale, Yes, I already emailed her about the issue. I have not rec'd a reply to any of my emails that I sent to any of the Senators regarding the issue. I would of thought I would have at least rec'd a canned auto response. I may have to check my spam folder.

07-Feb-19
I couldnt find an email for Ward

07-Feb-19
Since she is our senator, she should know you by name:) she is very very public on her facebook page and she posts herself, not using office folks. She loves gun bashes:)

If I can setup a face to face would you guys be interested? Maybe we can get Painter to go along?:)

08-Feb-19
I am certainly asking every bowhunter on this thread and on this site to please consider contacting your PA Senators and asking them to support Senate Bill #147. YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT OTHER PA SENATORS including ones outside of your district.

08-Feb-19
Dale, face to faces are what I do best, however where is this I am in 19426

08-Feb-19
S n S, This is where I got the email address for her. Not sure if it is an active email acct. or not.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/member_information/Senate_bio.cfm?id=1188

[email protected]

You can also fill out a contact form on her personal Senator page. https://www.senatorward.com/contact-me/

08-Feb-19
" Can you believe that a private landowner in PA is prohibited from hunting on their own land on Sundays due to this law. Can you imagine what your hunting season would look like if you were made to be a criminal for hunting on Sunday. We PA hunters want to take our children out on Sunday to hunt. We want to hunt our private land and our 1.5 million acres of state game lands on Sunday. "

Dan I was disappointed to see your post on Big Game board. All your work on the subject has made it easy to jump in and provide support. Which I did because I feel the opportunity will be good for all hunters and will not be a detriment to game management. Sad to see it presented as a disservice to private land owners. Just my opinion, that's all.

08-Feb-19
You can do anything else on your private property on a Sunday, why is it a negative thing to be offended by not being able to hunt your private property on a Sunday? Not being combative, im just kinda confused.

08-Feb-19
Jethro, There are multiple reasons why this prohibition is silly, with private landowner freedom being just one.....

08-Feb-19
To me it just kind of split us into landowners and non landowners. And you guys are right many different reasons to favor Sunday's. It came across to me as "how dare govt regulations tell me what to do." Which is a topic all to its own. I just didn't think it strengthened our argument toward Sunday hunts. We are all in it together.

08-Feb-19
Also, I live close to the line between 2 different senators. I tried to send a message to the neighboring senator. It requires an address and then when submitted I got a message saying he will only accept messages from people in his district.

08-Feb-19
Give his office a phone call. I have found all of the people who answer the phones to be VERY friendly and willing to listen and take my information.

08-Feb-19
Jethro...certainly doing my best to unite ALL hunters for Sunday Hunting. Sorry my post seemed to divide between private landowners and public land hunters it was not meant to do that but rather strike a chord with Non-Resident hunters that read the Big Game Board and not the PA board. I will edit to make it without a doubt a State Game Land hunter, Public Land and Private land issue. Your criticism is valid and I appreciate it as I am certainly hoping to unite ALL hunters behind ending the prohibition for SUnday Hunting in PA. PLease read my edited post and let me know what you think. Thanks for your Support in getting Senators to support Senate Bill #147.

08-Feb-19
This law is based on religion. It was passed in 1873, which was a period where Blue Laws were passed.

If you can now gamble, drink, etc on a Sunday, why is something that is a non vice not permitted?

When I see ads on TV for the casinos, they always have an 800 number for gambling addiction, does hunting require such an 800 number?

08-Feb-19
Certainly not Brad. When I am talking the the Legislative advisors of these Senators, I describe it as a wholesome family activity. Brad, calling these Senators feels like an effective way of having the Pro Sunday Hunting voice heard. I basically have been explaining the ins and out of Sunday Hunting for what sound to me like Legislative advisors that don't know much about the particular Bill and are willing to listen as I explain the Pros and also explain why the illogical arguments against do poor arguments. I feel like they are listening and I can hear them taking notes and they sometimes ask me to repeat things so they can get it in the notes they are taking. I am enjoying these conversations with the offices of these Senators. Please consider making call also.

09-Feb-19
Dan, I like what you did on the BG forum thread. Landowner, public land hunter, the guy trying to find time with his kids, we all benefit. Again, thanks for your efforts.

09-Feb-19
I called Scarnati's office last year. My camp is in his district. Honestly, getting up there for one day of hunting isn't as eaay, not cost effective as it once was. We spend money in his district when we are there, so, it has an impact

09-Feb-19
I called Scarnati's office last year. My camp is in his district. Honestly, getting up there for one day of hunting isn't as eaay, not cost effective as it once was. We spend money in his district when we are there, so, it has an impact

• Sitka Gear