donniehunt 14-Jan-19
hookman 14-Jan-19
Babysaph 14-Jan-19
Babysaph 14-Jan-19
Little Bear 16-Jan-19
Babysaph 16-Jan-19
Fnshtr 16-Jan-19
13-Jan-19
I live in Jackson county. I’ve filled my 3 archery tags in 2018. My question is can I hunt with a recurve during the mountain heritage season. Or do I have to use my muzzleloader? Also I’ve killed 2 bucks in 2018 can I shoot a buck if I’m allowed to hunt with my recurve

13-Jan-19
Probably too late to answer now, but I will pass along what I understood from an officer I talked to in district 6.

The officer admitted that it is confusing. A 2019 license is required to hunt this season as it is in 2019. However, restrictions are based on the 2018 limits. As I understood it for your case, you limited out with archery tags in 2018, so you could NOT hunt with the bow. However, since you only killed two bucks (and the limit is three per year), you could hunt with the ML and harvest a buck or a doe. This is just MY understanding.

13-Jan-19
Once again, can't substitute a bow for a ML. I will never understand that law

13-Jan-19
And they make it confusing by not applying the limits for 2019 when you have to buy a license for 2019. I know of no other states that have you kill animals for one year and apply them for the previous year.

14-Jan-19
it appears that it's about the Benjamin's. I'm sure everyone wants to see the county by county totals for this 4 day season?

14-Jan-19
Where online do you go see the totals? Seems they would have made more money by allowing the deer killed to be counted for 2019. Anyone that killed all the deer they were allowed in 2018 could not participate in this hunt,

14-Jan-19
I understood this to be a completely new season and the only limit applicable was to not exceed 3 bucks. Even if you had filled all 3 archery tags, the doe in Mountaineer Heritage could be taken. It is/was very confusing and perhaps DNR will make it more clear next year if they plan to do it again. The first year of any new regulation is always confusing.

14-Jan-19
my comment was "I'm sure everyone wants to see the county by county totals for this 4 day season." I never said it was online. Your point about which year to count makes sense but, aren't the 2018 totals already in the books?

14-Jan-19
This is extra for 2018, I hope they don’t change it to count on the following year. Yes you are right Wayne you could kill another doe if your tags were full. I hunted three out of 4 days but I had dog troubles that I never had all year.

14-Jan-19
Well with real time checking I assumed it was online.,my bad

14-Jan-19
Well with real time checking I assumed it was online.,my bad. So is the doe a bonus doe that doesn't count toward 2018'or 2019? Could you have killed a buck?

16-Jan-19
Yes, you could take a buck as long as you had not killed 3 bucks during the regular season(s).

16-Jan-19
Ok so that means that the 2019 traditional season was an extension of the 2018 season. I was trying to figure that out.

16-Jan-19
Sorry for the incorrect information I posted above. I only asked questions pertinent to my situation (no filled archery tags OR gun tag). I wrongly extrapolated from answers to my questions.

You all have a great winter!

• Sitka Gear