Arrownoob 14-Jan-19
Will 14-Jan-19
Belchertown Bowman 14-Jan-19
Arrownoob 14-Jan-19
Ungie01201 14-Jan-19
drslyr 14-Jan-19
Steveeg 14-Jan-19
14-Jan-19
To add to Peters thread: who is running cell cameras and what is the total cost of ownership? How many can you run, do you pay per camera, per modem, one fee for all? Do you use solar? I heard cell cameras eat batteries. Could you set up a spot and then ignore it all year and just look at photos?

14-Jan-19
Love the concept, so far to scared to want to invest that much. I think Ungie has one, and I feel like someone else? I think BB looked at the Cudde system too... Hopefully they chime in.

14-Jan-19
I did look at it,..

My final reason not to was theft and they are so new,.. I just worry it is a big ticket item,.. say ya buy the four pack of cams,. like 700 or 800 bucks. They also only send a reduced detail image of the pic. If you want the real pic you need to go to the camera.

You can help with the battery situation by how you use them,.. IE less photos.

Some folks also complained about reliability the cams would just stop transmitting until you went out and reset them.

I am a Tech guy and one thing I learned is never jump on new tech when it first comes out,.. wait a year or 2. It will be cheaper and they will fix a bunch of the problems. That is just my experience with tech in general.

Others here do own and operate a few so they can speak more directly,..

My approach is to have more cheaper cams, I also like video as I can study how the deer behave, say entering my food plot. A picture does not tell me as much. The cuddle links do not transmit video if I remember correctly.

I bought 3x more of those cheapos that Spike flagged on sale recently. If they get stolen its not a 200-300 dollar cuddleback cam!

14-Jan-19
I want to go put some up trees but what a pain to check them! I wish there was a Bluetooth model you could walk under and Bluetooth thumbnails to your phone.

14-Jan-19
i have a covert blackhawk. my wife gave me for christmas 3 years ago. $14.99 per month.

14-Jan-19
Spy point cell cams

14-Jan-19
I’ve had Good luck with the CovertWireless. There’s a bunch of pay plans. I pay like $120 a year with like 10000 pics I never come close to that. Batteries. Will last longer if you only choose the setting to send pics once every 24 hrs. I need mine Instant. No patience. They’ll last me about 2months. Haven’t tried the solar option. It will not send videos and it only sends the first pic of bursts.

• Sitka Gear