Shaft2Long 31-Jan-19
Barrera 01-Feb-19
Gloobes505 08-May-20
HDE 08-May-20
Oryx35 10-May-20
Shaft2Long 12-May-20
splitlimb13 12-May-20
14-Jan-19
I almost always see deer and pronghorn when driving to San Antonio just curious if anyone has hunted this unit would love to hear your take on it..

14-Jan-19
I went 7 years without punching my tag there and no I don't just suck as a hunter! I did have some decent opportunities and multiple times I saw poaching first hand during the archery hunts. I likely will never be back, but it isn't a bad unit........

31-Jan-19
I'm really thinking about trying this unit again just because of the proximity to Albuquerque. My hunting time has gotten seriously limited due to work and my son's sports schedule.

I did hunt it for a few days about 10 or 11 years ago. Did not see a single deer but did see a huge mntn lion, a few oryx and came within inches of nailing a nice 5x5 bull on the road on morning.

One major issue was locked gates accessing BLM land. Called BLM about this and they were aware of the problem, knew who was doing it and didn't seem like they were going to get anything done about it.

01-Feb-19
Ya that's one issue with 18 in some areas. Lots of public landlocked.

08-May-20

Gloobes505's embedded Photo
First ever buck
Gloobes505's embedded Photo
First ever buck
awesome place to hunt deer. Not alot of deer but some big dudes running around

08-May-20
If a BLM gate is locked (by a landowner) and its supposed to be open, cut the lock off.

10-May-20
18 has always intrigued me for deer, but all I've hunted down there is quail and coyotes. Gloobes that's a nice buck for just about anywhere in New Mexico!

12-May-20
I hunted it several years ago. Came within inches, literally of broadsiding a large bull in the middle of the road, saw a mntn. lion and some oryx.

I applied for it this year as a 3rd choice and was surprised I didn't get any of my deer choices. As stated above, some say its a decent hunt. As also stated that gate to the BLM was locked and State Officials know all about it.

12-May-20
Cut the lock

• Sitka Gear