Stoneman 15-Jan-19
cnelk 16-Jan-19
Treeline 16-Jan-19
Paul@thefort 16-Jan-19
COHOYTHUNTER 16-Jan-19
Vanish 16-Jan-19
COHOYTHUNTER 16-Jan-19
14-Jan-19
Check out the Colorado Legislative Animal Welfare Caucus, ie, CLAW. And then read about their board members and their interests and agenda. One particular member campaigned against Spring bear hunting and other wildlife issues my best, Paul

14-Jan-19
I'm afraid to even look...

14-Jan-19
We need some hunters to infiltrate them and adjust their message...

I would vote for Gary Renfrow for their board;-)

If you want to understand how bad our CPW screwed us with their BS campaign to increase funding, look no further than some of this groups rhetoric:

“According to Colorado Parks& Wildlife (which does not benefit directly from the raffle), last year visitors and wildlife viewers generated $3.3 Billion dollars in revenues, versus hunting fees of $919 million. Obviously, more people prefer viewing Colorado’s wildlife over killing it.

Contact your elected lawmakers and tell them you oppose SB18-0137, the Grand Slam Wildlife Raffle. If you don’t know who your elected officials are you can go to https://leg.colorado.gov/find-my-legislator to look them up.”

The BS liberal organization that put together that survey that said “wildlife watching” brings in so much more money than hunting is going to get rammed up hunter’s backsides till we are legislated out of existence.

Thank you CPW and libtards!

Why has there been no refudiation of this bull crap study!!!???

14-Jan-19
Unbelievable

14-Jan-19
Ridiculous, has anyone asked CPW what their budget would really look like if hunting licenses weren't a part of it. Bet they would be singing a different tune about all the "wildlife watching" income they are getting. How many wildlife watchers that don't hunt purchased a habitat stamp last year I am betting zero

14-Jan-19
Treeline, I brought that up in a CPW Sportsmans Roundtable after the slide was presented. The budget gal acknowledged that they were looking for ways to get money from "wildlife watchers" who benefit from hunter $$ now

14-Jan-19
CLAW opposed, State bill 16 1220 to Change the bear season from Sept 2 to Aug 2 if the CPW Commission authorized the hunt.

CLAW opposed SB 16-151 The Right of Coloradans to hunt wildlife and establish hunting as the primary method of game management.

14-Jan-19
Its amazing to me that all these anti hunting groups want to abolish hunting, yet hunters are who pay for their hiking and biking trails, etc. I don't think they get it.

14-Jan-19
I came over Cameron Pass yesterday about noon. I was SHOCKED to see the parking area full of hikers, snowshoers, back country skiers. Zimmerman Trail was full, Blue Lk/Long Draw was full, Big South was full.

And I can almost guarantee that not one of those Forest users had a Habitat Stamp, fishing license or even paid the 25cent SAR fee.

14-Jan-19
Imagine the roar if hikers were only allowed a 4 week season, required to take a class before hand, had to apply for a permit, were charged $50 and had two pages of rules to follow.

14-Jan-19
Well said, Glunt.

15-Jan-19
Lou, "looking for ways.........." The only way to get $$$support from these organizations and "wildlife watchers" is to make it mandatory. Yea, charge a mandatory $50 fee for Wildlife watching and make it mandatory to have a sticker on the window.

It will never happen if they just "look for ways" as they have been doing for years. Why should nonhunters/wildlife watchers, hikers, bikers, pay anything when they can do it for free.

How well did the "hug a hunter/fisherman" program work??????

15-Jan-19
Missouri uses a sales tax. Hard to pass here but it funds 60% of their budget.

15-Jan-19
Lou, I commented that CPW needed to stop putting that flawed and blatantly wrong study information out in at least four different CPW/Wildlife Commission meetings.

CPW said they would look into it, that these numbers were probably right, etc. Overall, they just blew my concerns off.

This study was designed to be weapon used against hunters. CPW used it against hunters in the last fee increase meetings and with the Colorado legislature. The anti hunters are using it to fight any improvements to our seasons.

This advertisement that wildlife watching is worth so much more to the state is total BS. This study needs to be challenged.

Political decisions will be made based on the perception that wildlife viewing has a much higher monitory value to the state than hunting. Hunting will lose every time in such a perceived negative context. Particularly so in a Blue state like Colorado. “My GAWD! those horrible hunters are killing all the animals that are bringing in all the revenue from the Wildlife Watchers!” We are only seeing the very pointy tip of the iceberg.

15-Jan-19
Looks like Boulder's border has been stretched to state line N, S, E, and W.!!

15-Jan-19
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the study only incorporate license fees for Hunters? Seems to me "wildlife watching" is getting economy boosting credit from money spent at hotels, restaurants, gas stations, and just about anything someone can muster up to pad the numbers. Meanwhile, hunters are only getting credit for license fees, not money spent on those same things that they use when they go hunting (not to mention money dumped back into our economy on hunting equipment at the local archery shop).

Please correct me if I am misunderstanding the "study".

15-Jan-19
There is no doubt the fate of hunting in Colorado, and our wildlife resources are at risk with this group. If you look at their website, most of them list fundraising as a skillset.

There is a sportsmans caucus at the legislature, and those legislators need to know sportsman care. Here are the meeting dates:

CBA Members are invited to the following meetings/reception.

Jan 16th CBA/CPW BGSS Meeting 6:30 PM CPW/HQ Hunter Ed Building Jan 17th Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Capital, Rm: H-107 (Basement) Feb 5th Legislative Reception, 5:00 PM, University Club (18th & Sherman) Feb 21st Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Capital, Rm: H-107 (Basement) Mar 21st Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Capital, Rm: H-107 (Basement)

15-Jan-19
What is sad is that there are 40,000 + bowhunters who hunt Colorado, yet we have less then 2,000 CBA members today. Can you imagine the voice we would have with 50% support...

16-Jan-19
Dave

Its not so much the number of voices, its more about what the voice says.

16-Jan-19
Have a meeting up in the mountains this afternoon but will try to make the 6:30 meeting tonight.

16-Jan-19
I will be at the meeting in the Ed Bld, CPW tonight. 6:30 Paul

16-Jan-19
I was planning on attending. But some work stuff came up. Next time

16-Jan-19
See you there. I'll be the guy wearing BHA gear, but I'm a CBA member now, so look out! ;)

16-Jan-19
Any news on how the meeting was?

• Sitka Gear