Arrownoob 15-Jan-19
hickstick 15-Jan-19
Moons22 15-Jan-19
Belchertown Bowman 15-Jan-19
Will 15-Jan-19
xi 15-Jan-19
jdrdeerslayer 16-Jan-19
15-Jan-19
Does anyone plant plots to attract Turkey? Maybe I have gone off the deep end here? LOL

I had heard that clover can attract Turkey,.. ?

I will Google up on that,..

15-Jan-19
Turkeys will use the same plot deer do you should have clover in it anyways

15-Jan-19
I heard Chufa was good but you plant in spring summer for next year.

15-Jan-19
I think the commercial food plots for turkey are for more southern zones...chufa grows best in heardiness zone 9....we're in 6 I believe...

15-Jan-19
I bet planting sunflowers would bring them in

15-Jan-19
In my reading Chufa is also technically difficult to correctly grow. Not suited for a noob like me,.. but it also caught my eye until I read up on it.

Sunflowers is an interesting choice as bears also love those too! Sunflowers could be the Trifecta! Deer, Bear and Turk !!

Ya Snow,.. there will always be some of that Whitetail Imperial clover in all my plots,.. it is a good choice for the low light areas like where the forest edge is hitting the actual food plot. When I get more into the middle of the plot I will have some light loving stuff. Clover does fine in partial shade where other stuff will not grow well.

15-Jan-19
Turkey's like fields and open spaces BB. So whether you planted some special plant, or it was just winter rye holding on or clover coming up... They will be around it scratching up bugs and seeds or eating the plants.

15-Jan-19
Haha BB, best food plot for Turkeys right now looks to be Wings and Beer, I can't wait !

16-Jan-19
What will said, Clover and headed of cereal grains. Turkeys usually love my clover

• Sitka Gear