South Farm 25-Mar-19
Treefarm 31-Mar-19
RUGER1022 31-Mar-19
Treefarm 20-Apr-19
Treefarm 20-Apr-19
Chief2 20-Apr-19
Treefarm 21-Apr-19
16-Jan-19
I'm new to whitetail hunting. Has anyone found any antler sheds yet? When would be a good time to start looking? Located in SW WI.

16-Jan-19
I’m in central Wisconsin and very few have fallen off as of date. Typically, I find that mid March usually is the most productive for me, but I’m amateur in contrast to some other guys I know.

16-Jan-19
I have seen 2 shed bucks while hunting first was on the 4th, and one this past Sunday. However I'd bet 90%are still holding from what I'm seeing.

16-Jan-19
Im in southern wi too and most of the bucks we have on cams are still holding.

16-Jan-19
The majority of the bucks by us shed from Feb 15-Mar 10.

17-Jan-19

Novice's embedded Photo
Shed 1/4/19
Novice's embedded Photo
Shed 1/4/19
Novice's embedded Photo
Novice's embedded Photo
Found this one 1/4/19. Very fresh and couldn't have been there long. First one I ever found so soon after it was shed.

17-Jan-19

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
On my January 4th Trail camera card pull I had 14 different bucks. 1 was missing a side but I couldnt tell if it had shed or if it was busted at the base. I will be checking cameras again this weekend and I will give an update next week.

17-Jan-19

Wood Tick's embedded Photo
Wood Tick's embedded Photo
Some are off, or partially off. East Central WI.

17-Jan-19

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Holy crap Novice, looks like I found the other side on January 12.

Haven't checked my cameras for a few weeks but last time I did I had at least one buck that had shed.

17-Jan-19
I've been married for almost 22 years. My she'd hunting days are over;)

17-Jan-19
Lol Mike. That buck must've really put on the miles. My side was found in Shawano county. I'm guessing yours was quite aways from there. :)

18-Jan-19
Yeah, Polk County...

22-Jan-19

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Update: 11 bucks on last weekends card pull. 8 had full head gear. 3 wore 1/2 racks. Interestingly, the 1/2 racks were the youngest bucks.

22-Jan-19
He'll be a good one next season...

I believe racks drop due to a reduction in testosterone. Young bucks might have had less testosterone production to start with...

22-Jan-19
nice photos,,,, I always keep my eyes peeled, but missed a nice one the other day,,,,,, I don't really use my cameras much, I just hunt,,,,, but usually after around mid Feb thru March, I find, what little I ever do anyway,,,,,, I have not been very good at it,,,, even with the dog

22-Jan-19

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo

22-Jan-19

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Waiting for this one to drop.

22-Jan-19

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Or this one.

22-Jan-19

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Or him.

22-Jan-19
Nice bucks Trapper!

22-Jan-19
Wood tick....I`m surprised he didn`t shake that other side of. When they are that big they don`t like that lopsided feeling. Would be nice to find those pair.

22-Jan-19

Grunter's embedded Photo
Grunter's embedded Photo
I'll be mainly looking for this guy. Been after him all year. On cam alot. Of course never seen him yet. I tell ya.....they are fricken ghosts. Hope the wolves dont get him!

On the plus side I picked up A TON of farmland to shed hunt. No idea if people hunt it, but I should have no problems finding some nice antlers this year. I'm hoping anyway.

23-Jan-19
Franklin, yeah we thought that too. The neighbor and I have been looking and the dogs grab enough sticks while running around, you'd think we'd find them or the dogs would grab one but nothing so far. Now we have a bunch of new snow on top of them so it will be tougher for a while.

23-Jan-19
Trapper, be sure to let me know if any of your surrounding property owners put up a for sale sign

23-Jan-19
Saw a yearling buck standing on the side of the road yesterday afternoon still sporting his rack...

23-Jan-19
99% of bucks by us still holding both sides. About 3 weeks or so yet.

23-Jan-19
These cold temps coming up will put some stress on the herds. Won’t be surprised to see some fresh drop reports.

23-Jan-19
I'm not much of a shed hunter but have a buddy that is a fanatic. He is damn good at it and has been since the early 90's. He says in his opinion the one thing that hurts most people is looking too early and bumping deer. He finds sheds in almost the same places every year by waiting until late February early March to look.

23-Jan-19
Northbound, drop me off a blank check.

24-Jan-19
From my limited shed experience, those young un's will carry a half rack awhile, while the big boys generally drop em both very close. The old Eastman Outdoor video series has a great video of a Wyoming giant they'd watched for several years...he split his time between public & private land, depending on pressure.

Anyway, they caught up with him one winter as a group eas starting to yard up. He stood and watched the camera man awhile before turning and bouncing away...in doing so, he tipped his head back, gave it a shake, and both antlers released at the same time. Really cool video. That boy was a BEAST!

24-Jan-19
Shot a shed buck this past weekend. Came in with 4 other anterless deer and shot the biggest one. Didn't think anything of it until I went to gut it. No blood on the bases so it had been shed for a while. Big bodied deer I'd guess 2.5+

24-Jan-19

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
Found under big Pine in a pine to Tag Alder transision area .Very heavy with 2 pts broken off .

25-Jan-19

This was 20 yards away . It pays to scout .

30-Jan-19
Anyone going shed hunting this weekend? Im probably going to check a few areas. I usually wait a few weeks but I'm wondering if these brutal temps will have the bucks shedding earlier. Suppose to be 40 this weekend so it will be good to get out there.

30-Jan-19
Still majority holding here. Just got home from an observation sit/ drive in the truck as I didn't have it in me to actually hunt tonight. 3 bucks had both sides yet.

30-Jan-19
Seen 2 bucks crossing behind the house today, both holding strong.

18-Mar-19

sagittarius's embedded Photo
Happy St. Patricks Day!

18-Mar-19
That, is, a GOOD one! ^^^ Even has good color. I hope you fine his other side!

18-Mar-19
Walked MILES this weekend and nary a bone! I can tell the sport is getting popular...was WAY BACK in Timbuktu and crossed the snowshoe path of my competition...guy walked down every single deer trail he could find, too. Maybe next weekend once the snow melts down some I'll have better luck.

18-Mar-19
Me too South. Walked 15 miles over the weekend and I was in some great deer areas. Didnt find any. But I only saw maybe 1 or 2 guys foot tracks and they were older. Primetime for sheds fellas

19-Mar-19
Here in elk country, shed hunting has been growing in popularity for a while now. For deer and elk sheds. I am waiting for the snow to drop before shed hunting though. I see no need to pressure deer when there is deep snow and they have to try to avoid a shed hunter.

19-Mar-19
that's a good point smokey,,,,,, I will be out today for the first time all afternoon,,, I also have ground blinds to get out etc, our snow is just about gone, dry conditions so should be good,,,,,,,,, late ice for gills is also good right now, decisions decisions

19-Mar-19
I walked 4 miles Saturday with my lab and didn't find any antlers. One area I found fresh tracks from the same day I was out, and it was evident he was there for the same reason. He walked all the edges inside and out.

19-Mar-19
GH, "late ice for gills is also good right now" Yes it is!!!

19-Mar-19

northbound's embedded Photo
northbound's embedded Photo
Anyone needing shed hunting assistance.... 8 helpers where born today.

25-Mar-19
Yesterday I was out from 930am to 2pm, covered a lot of areas,,,, no sheds, and found 2 xbow bolts

25-Mar-19
Weekend two...wow did we lose a ton of snow in a week! Anyway, didn't matter because I struck out again, no sheds:( But, I did find a whole bunch of those white scent wicky things, one slow drip scent dispenser, a ladder stand, and two other hang-on stands from last season. No identification...so if that's your stuff out in Crex ya better go get it.

31-Mar-19

Treefarm's embedded Photo
Sheds 31Mar2019
Sheds 31Mar2019
Quite an afternoon. Goes to show...provide habitat, they will stay.

31-Mar-19
Nice.

Went for an hour & got a 3 point back scratcher.

20-Apr-19

April 19
April 19

20-Apr-19

April 19
April 19
April 20
April 20

20-Apr-19
That's really cool how do you find them?

21-Apr-19
1). You find sheds where the deer stay mainly during months of Jan-Mar., i.e. no reason to look in wooded areas where deer are void in winter.

2). It you want to increase your odds for larger shed, look around perimeter areas holding does and fawns. Big bucks are solitary or join other bucks and don’’t spend a lot of time with smaller bucks, does, fawns.

3). Habitat is critical. The heaviest cover close to a food source like recent forest cut is best. In Ag areas, staging areas close to harvested or standing crops.

4). Walk and walk

5). Lots of luck.

• Sitka Gear