Snowshoe 17-Jan-19
xi 17-Jan-19
Moons22 17-Jan-19
jdrdeerslayer 17-Jan-19
peterk1234 17-Jan-19
Deerdawg 17-Jan-19
Moons22 17-Jan-19
16-Jan-19
Watching the latest season on Netflix. So he is on a moose hunt with a close friend and the friend's father. They get a moose. So they cook up some meat on an open fire, but then he kicks it up a notch. Picks some wild blueberries and cooks them, adding some fat to help with the reduction. Oh, but he is not done yet. He also cooks up some bone marrow (that may have come from a caribou). Then he places a layer of marrow on the moose steak and smothers it with the blueberry reduction. Are you kidding me???? I was salivating. This, out in the middle of nowhere. That plate would cost you a C note at a high end restaurant.

BTW, I love marrow. Smother that stuff on some good bread and salt it well. YUM. Pete

16-Jan-19
One of my all time favorite programs . Very entertaining and well thought out shoes. Long live the meat eater !!!

16-Jan-19
Don't forget the mushrooms

16-Jan-19
Yeah his descriptions of food got me into hunting. He taunts you every episode saying, “I betcha would love this.” With game there’s only way to find out- go get it. My 10 year old said he would eat squirrel after watching one.

16-Jan-19
I like Meateater but been on a Tim Wells kick watching his videos on YouTube. If you haven’t watched them then do so as they are unreal.

16-Jan-19
Great show. I recently got converted to the podcasts. The meat eater podcasts are awesome as well. Kills alot of time at the office.

16-Jan-19
Meat Eater, I'll alter my work schedule to watch it. If not, Podcast central !

16-Jan-19
Sounds awesome Pete... Who's bringing that to the saddle get together :)

16-Jan-19
That's how I grew up in Montana as a kid great memory's

17-Jan-19
I have my wife watch Meateater with me. She looks at my willingness to try different things less weird after she sees Steve do it. Great show but i wouldn't mind him celebrating a little..ha Spike, Tim Wells is the man! I bought a signed poster of him on his website many years ago for my brothers birthday as a gag gift. I just couldn't part with it, its now a prized possession! ha

17-Jan-19
MBish, I actually prefer it without the celebratory nature most hunting shows put out. I mean I love Fred Eichler being a trad bow hunter and all, but his celebrations are ridiculous. for me...its nice to see some true reverence for the animal after it surrendered its life to you...it shouldn't be about 'hey look at me, look at what I did'. if you're gonna celebrate, celebrate the fact that you put meat on the families table.

was just listening to the Joe Rogan Experience with Andy Greentree and they talk about the celebration....its something primal, for sure, but you also just took a life.

BTW that was actually the second episode he used marrow. the first one was he and ryan on a moose hunt, baked the leg bone in a fire and then busted it open with a rock. it was a little more down-n-dirty than the one with the blueberry reduction. the show has actually made me think about eating fish. I've never liked the texture of fish since I was a child...but something about watching him catch trout and cook it over a fire next to the river makes me want to give it a go.

17-Jan-19
Stripers will change your mind.

17-Jan-19
Striper will definately change your mind....its whats for dinner tonight in my house!!!

17-Jan-19
Hick, agreed about celebrations, some of them are ridiculous and tough to watch. When i think of animals i have killed, i smile thinking about the experience and appreciation to them. I am very reserved when killing and much more celebratory for others, its a big deal to take a life and remorse is always one of the emotions, one of many. No gripe on him, I just remember watching a few hunts where his partner was successful and he almost smiled ha. I will check out that Rogan podcast, thanks!

17-Jan-19
I love fish but only saltwater fish. Freshwater taste like mud to me. My favorite is Cod. And of coarse you can't keep cod.

17-Jan-19
i like MeatEater alot...one of the few shows that doesn't bother me... I have Steve's cookbook... it's epic.

17-Jan-19
Smallmouth bass and walleye are good freshwater fish. Anything will taste good when egg battered and crispy fried.

17-Jan-19
Sorry guys have to disagree with striper being tasty. Very bland compared to others. Have you ever had fresh sea bass or fluke ???? Living a mile from the ocean at the tip of buzzards bay. I have access to the freshest fish around. I don’t mean the crap you get at the supermarket or even from the seafood stores. When my friends go out on their boats and catch I will get a call when they are on the way in to harbor. Fish immediately bled and thrown in a sea water slurry with ice on the boat. So cold it hurts your hands to take them out of the cooler. That is going to be the best tasting fish you can find.

I think these are the best tasting fish in order. Sea bass-fluke-tautog-striper. Tog only in a chowder though. Just my opinion though and others will vary. Lol

17-Jan-19
Black Sea bass, flounder/fluke is the best around

17-Jan-19
I agree dth and moons

17-Jan-19
Black Sea bass and striper also Quabbin salmon

17-Jan-19
Cold water Perch and Bluegills, hand cut American fries. Your salt water stuff ain't got a chance !

17-Jan-19
Crappies and perch. Fish sticks!

17-Jan-19
I dunno ....I have my own boat and regularly catch haddock cod(used to anyway) striper sea bass fluke etc.....they are all awesome. For the grill striper is hard to beat it's a firm meat....salt pepper butter =awesome

17-Jan-19
Tautog and Sea bass got to be the best. With said, I love striper, trout, salmon, perch, crappie; heck we even cooked up some large mouth bass last year.

I think it is mean to hook a fish, torture it for several minutes then let it go traumatized for the rest of its life. Do the right thing. Catch it, kill it, eat it :)

17-Jan-19
I prefer Fluke , Black Sea bass , tog then striper. Striper made a good fish Chowda.

17-Jan-19
Catch it kill it eat it. Love it Pete!!!

• Sitka Gear