Moons22 19-Jan-19
xi 19-Jan-19
TT-Pi 19-Jan-19
BruceP 19-Jan-19
Will 21-Jan-19
17-Jan-19

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
I'm a sucker for Venison chili. I work from home... and my home office, upstairs is inundated by the smell of the simmering chili on the stove top... mmmmmmm!

17-Jan-19
Explain the ground game bag?

17-Jan-19
It’s a bag you put ground game in.

17-Jan-19
I was curious if he had bought the ground game,.. ?

I just did not understand buying a special bag for putting your ground game into,.. I am a ziplock kinda guy I guess,.. You didn't get that at Dicks did you?

/:

17-Jan-19
Sorry I was being a smartass. Those bags are thick plastic meant for the freezer. Easy to squeeze air out of.

17-Jan-19
A number of butchers use those for ground meat when you get a deer processed. I think the get them at Dicks though...

17-Jan-19
in Dicks?,.. Is that next to the Patagonia section or Gucci ?

Sorry,.. I was being a smart ass about Dicks,..

17-Jan-19
Wife's cousin brought some moose sausage from Alaska at Christmas, exact same bag.

17-Jan-19
you can stuff those bags right outta the grinder....almost like a sausage. one less messy step.

17-Jan-19
It's actually ironic BB... because it sorta looks like a ______, um, store that Xi shops at :). But, those phalic bags are great. In fairness, the butcher I tried this year used them... I used ziper bags when I did it... And the butcher I've used for a long time now vacusealed. This guy uses the pretty camo bags - hard to find em.

And to think, I thought you were going to pick on me for using ground meat vs chunks... "real" chili folks are very offended that I consider chili as good with ground meat and, the horror, beans. Pinto, Garbanzo, Black, Navy... I aim for 3-4 different types per batch.

18-Jan-19
How can it be chili without beans? I've never heard of such a thing. Sheltered life, I guess. I also had venison chili for lunch yesterday. It had both beans and ground meat - yum.

18-Jan-19
If those bags were purchased at Dick's, please dispose of properly. I can do that for you, I"ll bring my cooler.

18-Jan-19
All that bag of meat stuff does not sound appetizing...

Enjoy your chili.

19-Jan-19
Ma_Bowhunter. I know, I know... I'd never heard of such a thing. Apparently in TX using ground meat is considered blasphemous... as are beans. I've been told that in the "world chili cookoff" such things are not even allowed. Chopped meat and veggies only.

Ill take my "weird" North Eastern chili any day.

Then again, I also think "Shepard's Pie" with chunks vs ground meat is just wrong, so I may be all sorts of messed up here.

19-Jan-19
Wait, you got tubes...for your meat...at what store? Wait, that's not right, your butcher...gave you tubes of meat... camo? As long as they were marked down and said company actually lost money selling the tubes, I think it's ok, depending on who you ask. Lol. Yeah Will, Texans are strange about meat, seriously, I actually stopped joking a sentence ago. This isn't going well at all! I enjoy both Texas chilli and northeast chilli, have to have fritos and cheese on the Texas variety. Enjoy your chilli buddy!! :-)

19-Jan-19
Now Eastie, dont be a Dick. You'll hear about it !

19-Jan-19
Will, didn’t you get a deer? What’s up with the bagged meat?

19-Jan-19

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo

19-Jan-19
Spoonie, dont eat the corn !

19-Jan-19
Corn today is corn tomorrow.

19-Jan-19
Ground meat = chili

Chopped meat = stew

At least in my mind...

21-Jan-19
Preach Bruce! Spike - that's my fern eating doe, well, part of her, in the camo sack. Unrelated, but that fern eater is the best tasting deer I've ever had! Eastie - good point. Moons, I use corn sometimes... Carrots too. That looks tasty man!

• Sitka Gear