Phil Magistro 24-Jan-19
Bob Hildenbrand 24-Jan-19
Red Beastmaster 24-Jan-19
Metikki 24-Jan-19
HARRY CARRY 25-Jan-19
hawkeye in PA 25-Jan-19
17-Jan-19
CANCELLED!

With SAFETY as our main concern, the "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" 3D Shoot originally scheduled for this Sunday, Jan. 20, in Alverton has been CANCELLED due to the approaching weather system this weekend.

The Crew will simply have the scheduled SPAM shoot at our next shoot, scheduled for February 17, 2019. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for decent weather by then!

The Crew appreciates everyone's understanding, and looks forward to a good get-together in February.

Til then, stay safe! And, THANK YOU...

Signed, The Crew of "Strictly Sticks"

17-Jan-19
SURE..

I go out and buy snowshoes and you cancel the shoot? :)

17-Jan-19
Roy, take a picture of you in your booties, and post it here. We will understand. And YOU BEST WEAR THEM TO THE FEBRUARY SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17-Jan-19
Roy, take a picture of you in your booties, and post it here.

With Just my booties on?

Ya trying to get me banned?

17-Jan-19
Oh dear....

17-Jan-19
Somebody should go get Red. He probably started walking down the mountain already.

18-Jan-19
Phil, I never did like you.

Sticks getting cancelled is a smart thing. Not like we would have driven there in freezing rain anyway. Live to shoot another day. No biggie.

18-Jan-19
Phil, actually when the mountains get 2 snowflakes on the road and Red chickens out. We throw a big pity party at SS. Then laugh our butts off as we fry up the spam and drink wine.

18-Jan-19
Randy, it gives you another month to perfect your cast iron skills.

18-Jan-19
Right on Jeff.

I have a great spam fried in a cast iron skillet recipe:)

Calls for red onion, garlic and red wine:)

It would put hair on those merry mountain mens chest...

18-Jan-19
I think it was smart to cancel. And if I lived where Red does I'd stay put in bad weather too. I put up with that weather for too long before moving out.

18-Jan-19
Yup Phil you are correct.

But that doesn't stop us from picking on Red:)

18-Jan-19
LOL

18-Jan-19

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

18-Jan-19
What???? Supposed to be all but over by Sunday. Geez! I thought you trad guys were hardcore?! ;-)

18-Jan-19
What about the guys who have to put out 30 targets Saturday then take them back down Sunday afternoon when it's 5 degrees out?

Just polish up your tv antenna there fuzz nuts:)

18-Jan-19
And after I crashed the Quad and Reinhart Hearse into the deep woods ditch during September's RainFest, the Officers and Board of the Club are not really looking to have to get out the heavy duty rescue trucks again.

Those hills, on a quad and 12 foot critter-filled trailer, are rather nasty.....

I think I'll just set up the Bitz this weekend, get out the MEK glue, some hand-chopped feathers, and have a good-'ole fletching session, whilst Iron Butterfly's "Inna Godda DaVida" plays on a loop in the background....

Stay safe, warm, dry, and grounded this weekend, yinzall, and see ya in February...

18-Jan-19
Randy I have the same plans. I'm going to work on a dozen pine arrows then a batch of stumpers.

There's nothing like fletching glue, Metallica, and PBR in a small unventilated room while the storm rages outside. Rock on.

18-Jan-19
Sheeeesh whats next? Strictly Sticks doing a Gillette commercial? Me thinks a bunch of girlyguys are fraid of losing some arrahs in the snow! I notice a couple of you birds up above are gonna be making more arrows......hmmmmm One of youze even wears a tracking gizmo on his cranial vacancy! Is it for snowbound arrows or hisself!?!

Hayl I had all 3 of my kids there at 5 degrees and 7" of snow..... Jared werent even 11 yrs old! Jesse 9 and Jami 8. Man up! Ima join the local Campfire girls...... They's a tougher bunch! :)

18-Jan-19

DaleHajas's embedded Photo
When boys was men...
When boys was men...
2003 mebbe..... Great Pa Squirrel Hunt Jared on left and one young Master John Shue jr on the right. 8" or so 5 degrees outside.

18-Jan-19

Real men hitting the same snowflake @ 50 yds 45' up

18-Jan-19

Werent no pity- partying here. I can still smell that toxic masculinity.......

18-Jan-19
Wasn't that the year someone was hopelessly stuck?

Flat landers get stuck, mountain men stay in the house. Who is smarter?

18-Jan-19
Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

18-Jan-19
That was a fun time!

18-Jan-19
They made the weird guy stand in the back too:)

18-Jan-19
Dont know who was stuck... Werent This flatlander! HA! In fact Red Feastmaster was taking shooting lessons while snowflake crushing with me and my manly son!

Ifn I did get stuck it was because those were my "anythings better than a chebby, even my Dodge days." Adulthood found me in my F150:)

18-Jan-19
"Adulthood found me in my F150" with that cracked seat and loin cloth?

18-Jan-19
Yup theres a big divot there today:)

18-Jan-19
Phil looks happy to just be in the picture.

He's usually the one who gets asked to take group photos.

19-Jan-19

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
Ya ever wonder why? LOL

19-Jan-19
I love being in group photos with you guys. It's a chance to show everyone how ugly the rest of you are compared to me.

19-Jan-19
Yes, how less ugly we are:) XO

19-Jan-19
Just curious if RB and HC survived the disco day.

19-Jan-19
Hawkeye, me fletched a far out cool dozzzzzzzzn Swift 1616 luminimummumuuum arrah shaffffffffffffffffts tday as MEK gluuuuuuuuuu and Ginna Audda DiVadda playzzz now and inbackgroundd. Neeed moore Twinkeees.

19-Jan-19
LOL, are the fedders pointing towards the long end?

19-Jan-19
Swift 1616's?

That's not too swift..

I use them for tomato stakes.....

20-Jan-19
19 degrees and 30 mph winds with blowing snow, roads ice covered. We could have shot..

LOL

20-Jan-19
Found out that folks DID show up this morning for the shoot, and are not happy about it not taking place....

We really tried....

20-Jan-19
Get them to help you put out targets for the next shoot..

20-Jan-19
Ya should of had a sign up, Free Stump Shooting.

20-Jan-19
Everyone knows to check here, Leatherwall, or Facebook for shoot info. In this day of having a computer in your pocket there's no excuse for not knowing what's going on.

They will get over it. Or not. Either way I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

20-Jan-19
That's coz beauty sleep is at a premium on the other side of the mountain:)

20-Jan-19
I'm too pretty to be a working man, for sure.

Just emerged from the bow room to watch a little football by the fire place. Arrows in the fletching jig, Evanescence on the stereo, a PBR, and Duco, cold wind and ice outside. Good day. :)

20-Jan-19
Hey i waited at Giant Eagle in Somerset till 8.30 Dave never showed up so left with out him. then found out it was cancelled .Well it happens no i never left spent till 10 00 this morning digging out and helping my neighbors dig out hey its winter . there is always next month .

20-Jan-19
And next month, we'll try to do it all over again. The SPAM and Yoohoo will be OK.....

Weather dances, incantations, offerings of sacrificial arrows, the opening of MEK glue containers, feather fletchings waved in the air (correct orientation, hawkeye)....all of these offerings will be accepted to appease Mother Nature and The Spirits of The Bow for our February shoot.

Too much bad mojo, and I'll just have to hang up my lefty recurve, and return to the Chippendales circuit.

21-Jan-19
Wapiti Archers of PA in Ft Washington never cancels a shoot, ever. in the frigid snowy weather. the southeast trad guys and gals will always show up to shoot. Just sayin.

21-Jan-19
Do they leave their targets out all winter?

21-Jan-19
Bob, the "Sticks" Crew is only permitted (by the governing sporting club) to place targets right before the shoot, and must take them down directly after the shoot.

The Crew consists of folks who work shift work and weekends, and are often only able to help for a short time period, sometimes an hour or so. Our active Crew is roughly 6 people for set up and tear down, of which 3 work shift work, 1 is a volunteer firefighter who is on 24/7 call, 1 is retired, and 1 travels 20 miles to help.

Our course pathways are never the same, shoot after shoot. (We try to keep our courses interesting and changing, unlike other groups who use the same manicured path shoot after shoot. Turkey at target 7. Bedded buck at 18. Standing bear at the old oak on 25. Rather uninspired, if you ask the folks who shoot with us.)

Our courses wind through two surrounding hillsides, that are daily visited by locals on quads, on motorbikes, and various other means. We are in an extremely rural area, where the locals consider any grounds near their homes to be their domain. Many times, we've set up a shoot on Saturday, to find the course decimated by Sunday morning. Animals knocked over. Pegs torn from the ground. Number stakes tossed everywhere. And materials...all of the above...gone missing. Plenty of quad tracks everywhere. And, happening not just in pleasant weather. More so during times when weather is bad, since that means more people are staying home, away from "road driving".

I applaud the Wapiti Archers, and their record for not cancelling shoots.

We, the Crew of "Sticks", tend to look at a larger picture. Safety...for everyone concerned. Safety for the persons who set up and tear down a course. Safety for the folks who are driving to our events, possibly driving from an area covered under blue skies, to arrive at a place covered in ice. And safety for everyone who may be walking along our courses. Snow and ice can have an interesting effect on branches and trees, especially in real-life settings which we use.

So, yes, we cancel. And yes, we may cancel based on the information we have received, reviewed, considered, and decided up, as a group.

We would rather cancel an event, and be wrong, than host an event, and hear that someone died or was injured as a result of them attempting to get to our event, or as a result of weather related Acts of God happening AT our event.

We value our friends an awful lot, because we want to continue seeing them under the best of circumstances.

Just sayin.

21-Jan-19
Very well said Randy.

We (shooters) appreciate the efforts, hard work, and consideration The Crew has for us. We walk in the door and are greeted like family. Pretty rare thing these days.

Thanks for caring.

22-Jan-19
excuses, excuses....?? I was just funnin you guys.

22-Jan-19
Who cares what you do, McQuacker-quacker-slacker?

22-Jan-19
Bob its a bit different when you have more than 2 targets on the course.lol ~(8o)

Red Beastmaster Thank YOU for caring about me:) XOXOXOXO LOLOLOLOL

*edited for smiley face:)

22-Jan-19
Dale, rumor has it they have golf carts for the shooters where Bobby Boy shoots. Umbrellas on em too:) And gps units to get them back to the club house. 3D shoots up there is like shooten fish in a barrel...

24-Jan-19
Prolly have valet parking too! ;-)

24-Jan-19
And lounge chairs and snacks at every target:)

24-Jan-19
Beer cart.

24-Jan-19
Doesn't every trad 3d have a beer cart?

24-Jan-19
I had to read that twice Bob.

I thought you said every trad shoot has to have beef cake.

Well, you certainly have that covered too.

24-Jan-19
Wow you keep complimenting me! XOXOXO

25-Jan-19
Soooo.....

Are all of you saying (or asking) that:

If "Sticks" cancels a 3D shoot, BUT, if we have a beer cart, snacks, beef cake, and lounge chairs strategically placed throughout the woods, like the movie says, "If we (do) it, they will come" ?

Need to think about this. But I'm not driving the beer cart. Get that Phil guy....

25-Jan-19
Might as well get the Bud girls as arrow retrievers.

• Sitka Gear