xi 19-Jan-19
Will 19-Jan-19
17-Jan-19
Anyone got any ? Keep it up Will !

18-Jan-19

Belchertown Bowman's embedded Photo
Belchertown Bowman's embedded Photo
Hey Xi,

I am going coal all the way,.. I been shoveling it into my wood stove,.. I put the ash into the swift river. The mercury fallout lands in the Quabin.

Love that shit,.. its cheap,.. no cost to me!

18-Jan-19
correct me if I'm wrong xi, but don't all Plants work off Solar? :-D

18-Jan-19

Belchertown Bowman's Link

18-Jan-19
Coal ash is not a problem if it is used ( most often in cement ) . New and innovative uses are being developed. We need to clean up the problem sites and use up the stored ash and then continue to use the byproduct as it is produced.

One can argue that State responsibility is better or worse than Federal oversight and larger Federal government involvement. I prefer more responsibility /power to the individual state. Others will say we should consolidate that power in the Feds.

The American Coal Ash Association (ACAA) reports on US coal ash production and use each year. In 2013, 53 million tonnes of coal ash were generated, of which 23 million tonnes were re-used. Of the unused portion, the EPA says 36 per cent was stored in landfills, and 21 per cent in wet storage facilities.

Some countries are doing better, though: for example, the Netherlands recycles 100 per cent of its coal ash because landfill is not allowed in the country. In Germany, where around 10 million tonnes of coal ash are produced per year, around 97 per cent is re-used, with the rest stored only on a temporary basis. According to the European Coal Combustion Products Association (Ecoba), of the 48 million tonnes of coal ash produced in 15 EU countries in 2010 (the latest available figures), 13.8 million tonnes were re-used.

18-Jan-19
Wouldn't want that in my basement walls,..

I can rub my hands on my concrete basement wall and concrete dust is in my hand

"Arsenic, cobalt, lithium, and a range of other pollutants"

Would you really put that in your foundation or in the concrete for a school your kids go to?

I know you love coal Pi,.. I been just trying to get your goat,.. we both know we never change our views on clean coal or dirty coal.

But as always,.. good to hear from you!

18-Jan-19
Hickstick's photosynthesis joke wins. It's perfect.

I'm out brother Xi. Can't do this. I'm to snowflaky to have my safe space violated.

Overall though I really do love deregulation of noxious industries to help them improve profit margins. It's an excellent strategy for production of energy and wigits. All good, bound to better use coal for 4-6 more years now... with the very objective and environmentally trained coal lobbyist heading the EPA. BB, hook a brother up. I hope to fertilize my veggie garden with some of that coal dust of yours!

NOW, I'm officially out. I'm attempting to give Xi an assist here... but this is my happy space and as was noted last year on the solar thread - lets not make the MA page unfun.

I'm going to go over to Dick's and do some shopping for Nike products, they sponsor Kaepernick right?

(For the love of all that is Holy, recognize the copious sarcasm and wise butt humor here folks)

18-Jan-19
LMAO,.. Funny !

The Kaepernick just busted my gut,..

18-Jan-19
Nice high altitude bombing Will... I bet we look like ants to you. Don't let the door at your favorite place slam shut on your... ( bits and pieces). "Kaepernick knee pads" by Nike, are selling big-time in certain circles... Good store for him to advertise his new line of work...

BB. "Arsenic, cobalt, lithium, and a range of other pollutants" "Would you really put that in your foundation or in the concrete for a school your kids go to?" Yes, I would, My kids are not idiots. But it may be prudent to ask the children of "some other class of people" to not chew on it. We are surrounded by toxic things, most made by nature. Putting them back into a harmless form or state is the goal. Sealing /waterproofing the exterior is already a required standard and a little sealant or Drylock paint on the inside is great to keep moisture from creating toxic mold. Then, of course, your cement would not be airborne ... which sounds like a hazard that you should address.

I would change my views on anything if a better argument was ever presented. Taking all aspects into consideration... IE: what are we going to do with the Coal ash that is already stockpiled? We use half of it already. Let's get "science-y " and deal with it instead of wishing away the world we are already in.

I'm willing to listen to good ideas. (that actually take our real-life energy needs into consideration)

If you think about it, we flush our human waste into the back yard... If not for the trust we have in science I would be hesitant to drink water from the ground. So don't go scaring the folks about fake-news " toxic cement"... don't let them chew on paint chips either... Random Wild mushrooms , many "nightshade" plant members, green potatoes and so on.

My goat is fine and dandy ... he ain't got.

Y-O'-Pi

18-Jan-19
Pi - just want to be very, very clear. My aim there was to be as overtly B.S.ish as possible, IE, taking the torch and blowing it around to see if we can make a pretty bonfire for smores. I'd considered tossing in all kinds of fun stuff and deleted for fear of going "to far"... hopefully I didnt and the last line clarified.

Just want to be sure... So to be very clear: my answer was 100% being a wise arse sarcastic goober. I used some reality sure - like that coal lobbyist heading the EPA (hoping to head, unless he cleared, I'm not sure)... I mean, that's funny sounding whether he turns out to be awesome or not. It's like Jeffery Dahmer heading a government organization to look into assisted suicide...

Ok, this should be CF forum ridiculousness. But, I'm about to shut down, get the kids, have a yummy dinner and enjoy some sort of fun "family movie night" video... maybe Bambi, that would be awesome!

(again, I'm intentionally being a dink to flame this for laughs for my homie from out west :))

18-Jan-19
I'm thinking we should convert over to nrg production fueled by burning the body of the innocents.

no pardon me whilst I take my supply of mining helmets and shovels to mexico to go make a huge profit coinciding with the wall construction :)

18-Jan-19
You all are long winded unreal lol

18-Jan-19
I love you Hick.

Ha ha ha!

19-Jan-19
William , I didn't for a second, think otherwise. Just funnin' with you too... You must know I get your good character and your humor by now. No worries, at all.

And BB, it's all good ... Coal sludge is bad MK? But whirligigs and sun reflectors are another story... Power down man I'm Just Pokin' the goat!

19-Jan-19
Hick... that's gonna be a very small fire ... there are very few if any innocent people. ( Babies and most children excluded )

Invest in steel people ... too bad, it could have been Coal-ash cement.

A double wall would be good too ... a great place to dump all kinds of waste in between. But Noooo we want a nice clean world and all that. Picky picky picky

19-Jan-19
This is awesome, Will and I had a quick comment to each other about another solar thread right after the seasons close and what happens to people. I'm the 51% perpetrator on this one, Will gets the 49% instigator charge though. Oh well, coffee's made and time start cleaning Honkers. If only Howie Carr was on right now.

19-Jan-19
xi - this is way better than last year... You dun a goodun. I accept the rate's noted :) - enjoy cleaning the flying lawn mower/fertalizer systems... :)

Pi - suspected you got that, but wanted to be sure.

• Sitka Gear