Moons22 19-Jan-19
Snowshoe 19-Jan-19
spike78 19-Jan-19
jdrdeerslayer 20-Jan-19
jdrdeerslayer 21-Jan-19
spike78 21-Jan-19
Will 21-Jan-19
19-Jan-19
First day out for predators as I figure everything would be moving today and made numerous sets but no luck. I headed to the thickets by a swamp for my last setup. Called for 20 minutes and I happen to look to my left and theirs a bobcat 5 yards away! It sees me and turns and runs no shot. I’m always amazed by these animals as you never hear them and they sneak in behind every tree. They are the ultimate predator here with all the patience to get the job done. If you never tried calling for predators you are missing out on some cool encounters.

19-Jan-19
Wow that's cool in tight quarters like that must b pretty intence

19-Jan-19
Me Too... Been there done that too spike. Mine ended differently though. I was able to painstakenlly move the rifle and make the shot. Under 10 yds. with a 22/250 TC encore. He jumped 10 ft. in the air and hit the ground dead. This storm is an awesome opportunity to call just before. I'm heading out in a few minutes to try my luck with the caller.

19-Jan-19
Good luck! Post some pics

19-Jan-19
Cool encounter! Do you guys have better luck calling am or pm? What sound do you set the call to? Assuming you’re using foxpro

19-Jan-19
As a kid in Montana I used to call wolves talk about a shit your pants close encounters

19-Jan-19
Moons I’ve called in more coyote in the PM but most bobcats in the AM. I do have a caller but actually prefer my mouth call more. Got tired of setting the caller up and when it’s really cold out it sometimes does not work. Also the sounds repeat over and over whereas I can get soft or crazy with the mouth call. I will use the caller when I want a different sound besides a rabbit. Sometimes I will bring the shotgun and call in the morning then when I’m about to leave I put some #6 shot in and crank up the crow sounds. If you never called in and shot a flock of crows your missing out lol. Next fall I’m thinking about trying to call in some coons. Watched some vids on it looks fun.

20-Jan-19
I e called in a few coons.....they actually come screaming g in usually. Cats tend to come in but hang up and just watch....good to have a moving decoy with them. Coyotes come in fast but almost always circle down wind

21-Jan-19
Went and checked on my coyote bait today....looks like 1 or 2 around and managed to get bait loose and drag it about 50 yds. Noticed my trail cams have not been likeing this cold weather . Dont seem to work well lately , warmer days they do ok

21-Jan-19
Yeah my cams haven’t worked well either pretty much gave up on them. Can’t wait till Saturday!

21-Jan-19
That would have been super fun to experience Spike - cool!

Good luck to all of you hunting Pred's!

• Sitka Gear