Pi 20-Jan-19
DanaC 20-Jan-19
fisherick 20-Jan-19
spike78 20-Jan-19
BruceP 20-Jan-19
TT-Pi 20-Jan-19
19-Jan-19

spike78's Link
I was searching the internet and came across this MA law. Please read it and tell me if you can understand it even one bit? I don’t even think lawyers can.

19-Jan-19
Yea, I'm out !

19-Jan-19
????

19-Jan-19
I think it just says if you want guns get a license. If you don’t have a license, don’t get guns.

19-Jan-19
Seems to me it's saying you can be arrested, without warrant, for existing while thinking about firearms within the Commonwealth. Simply refer to section 129, which will refer back to section 140, which references section 69 of subsection K, then click your heels together three times in order to decipher all previously mentioned sections.

19-Jan-19
Is it me or does it sound like a BB gun is illegal? How can anyone follow a law if they don’t understand it.

20-Jan-19
In your home or business your cool but not with the big ones as listed in bold print. Must have special permit for the big ones.

If you don't have a LTC ,Don't carry.

If you have a licence for large capacity your good with that. Keep guns locked when traveling.

Unless you have LTC and it is your direct possession. Ie handguns. Lock them up. However, the Biguns ( with proper licence )must be unloaded and locked when out of home or business ie: traveling and those listed are a big no no if you don't have a ltc them.

Simple.

20-Jan-19
The key is the last two words of the first paragraph - "without either: " (Followed by a list of exemptions.) Basically it lays out the penalties for -not- having any FID or LTC etc.

20-Jan-19
Yes, I under stand it. 45 years of reading/understanding the National Electrical Code with all that BS and reference to other articles. Basically it is talking about legal / illegal possessions and penalties for firearms. These laws have been on the books for a long time. Too bad they don't use them for criminals, the jails would be full and new ones need to be built.

20-Jan-19
So is it saying that if I had a LTC I could legally have blowguns, slingshots, nunchucks etc? Or is it saying they are flat out illegal?

20-Jan-19
It's saying that MA needs new legislators...

20-Jan-19
Apparently, Ownership is legal for most hand weapons that do not have projectiles. Carry is another story.

I believe the law is saying If you have a permit your good. If you don't have one, you're not good except at home or business. If an item is not allowed under any permit, don't have it. If it is allowed to own, your good. If you carry it without a permit, not good. If you get arrested and/or disturb the peace with such an item on your person or in your control ( stashed in your car or in your duffle bag) that's not good.

(b) Whoever, except as provided by law, carries on his person, or carries on his person or under his control in a vehicle

No person having in effect a license to carry firearms for any purpose, issued under section one hundred and thirty-one or section one hundred and thirty-one F of chapter one hundred and forty shall be deemed to be in violation of this section ( check weapons list )

whoever, when arrested upon a warrant for an alleged crime, or when arrested while committing a breach or disturbance of the public peace, is armed with or has on his person, or has on his person or under his control in a vehicle, a billy or other dangerous weapon other than those herein mentioned and those mentioned in paragraph

*It is illegal to carry, open or concealed, switchblades, dirks, daggers, stilettos, ballistic knife, double edge knives, and knuckle knives. ***It is illegal to carry anything that is perceived as dangerous while disturbing the peace or being arrested. *Folding knives, Swiss army knives, and kitchen knives are legal to carry as long as you do not behave in a way that makes them dangerous

(This is an attempt to answer the posters question. It is not legal advice or permission to do anything illegal)

• Sitka Gear