bentshaft 03-Feb-19
tonyo6302 04-Feb-19
Fuzzy 08-Feb-19
Bandicooter 08-Feb-19
timex 27-Apr-19
20-Jan-19

tonyo6302's embedded Photo
tonyo6302's embedded Photo
HAR ! I came across an old 1996 Hunting Regulation booklet, the size of a wallet. It was the first year I moved to, and hunted in Virginia.

. . . . . .

.. . .. .

See the attached photo.

HAR !!!

Now you need to hire a Boston Lawyer to sort through the regs to stay legal !

29-Jan-19
Sounds about right. The western states have much simpler rules and they have way more land mass, habitat types, and big game animals to manage. We're doing it wrong in Virginia.

03-Feb-19
I liked the small booklet, I kept one in my pack and one in the truck.

04-Feb-19
They keep adding more and more regulations, hence it is why we no longer have a pocket sized booklet.

.. . . .

. . . . .

In a few more years, I predict our regulation booklet will more resemble the Norfolk phone book.

08-Feb-19
I still have a few of the folded "map" style ones from the 70's

08-Feb-19
Digests are larger now because 1. They have ads to defray the cost of printing and 2. They have a heck of a lot more info on things such as, limited hunts, CWD, Hemorrhagic Disease, and better definitions. And Elkstabber....You're nuts(said in a nice way) ....I hunt Wyoming and Colorado and their regs can be even more confusing.

27-Apr-19
basic gist of things haven't changed much in the 47 years iv lived & hunted here when I was a kid small game 7.50 & big game $7.50 & it was buck's only till the last 2 weeks 3 deer total. then came bonus tags more $ then came a seperate archery permit more $ then came seperate muzzleloader permit more $ as I see it it's basically the same with a lot more deer & a lot more $ for a peice of paper that allows you to kill em

• Sitka Gear