xi 21-Jan-19
stillhunter 21-Jan-19
Moons22 21-Jan-19
stillhunter 21-Jan-19
hunterma 22-Jan-19
Les 22-Jan-19
hunterma 22-Jan-19
21-Jan-19
I'd like to try a bit of goose hunting next season, I understand I'll need state waterfowl and federal migratory stamp. It appears the federal one is only good for forty five days if I'm understanding it right. Checking last season's dates it looks like early season goose is in September and then there are additional dates right up to and past the first of the year. My question is how to date my federal purchase of the stamp so that I can hunt over four plus months of the season. Hope this question makes some sense, waiting to hear back from you goose gurus. Thanks in advance.

21-Jan-19
Good for a full year. July 1st to June 30, season closes on Feb 15th I think. Wait till next August to get the new one at the post office.

21-Jan-19
If you buy it online it does indeed look like it expires early, I was confused by that my self, so I will stick with going to the post office and buy the physical stamp that last for a year.

21-Jan-19
When you buy it online you can use that as the stamp until the hard copy arrives in the mail. Usually takes about 2 weeks

21-Jan-19
makes sense, Thanks.

22-Jan-19
Thanks for the replies. So Moon are you saying I can just buy it now online and be set for the year? If so, what do I choose where it asks for what 45 day period do I want it to cover?

22-Jan-19
If you buy it now, it will expire in June. And you don't have a choice what 45 days it covers, it defaults to the day you purchase it. It's only to cover you until the real stamp comes in the mail which you have to sign. And which expires in June. So if you want to hunt in the fall through June 2020 wait till July to buy it.

Click on the ? next to the Federal eDuck stand on the website where you buy the license.

22-Jan-19
Thanks Les, appreciate the info.

• Sitka Gear